Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Stupid latex jacket thingies, also, MotionPlus question.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

I really hate those stupid jacket things that are so damned popular, I'm not going to throw the remote through my television, I promise you.

Now, a question, can I remove the stupid jacket thing from MotionPlus, or is it fixed to the motionplus device in a manner not suited to removal?

Cheers yall.

EDIT: Answered my own question whoops, you can indeed for anyone else that wants to know. Woop woop :D

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Uhh... uhh... what? I'm kind of confused by your question, but you're not going to need the jacket to hold the Wii Motion Plus in place. Also, it's kind of a shame that all of the jackets Nintendo made before are going to be useless when Motion Plus is attached to your controller, so it looks like they're gonna have to make a lot of new ones.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @TheGreatGuero:

If the Kotaku post is anything to go by, MotionPlus comes with a jacket that hold the whole thing, that's why I wondered if it could be removed (which I then found out, it can)
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

Yeah, i would do whatever it took to remove those jackets if they were attached. nintendo can do some things right i guess : )

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'll keep mine on, seems to be helping keep the motion plus safely in place, that's one add-on i don't think would be good if it eventually became even a tiny bit jittery/loosely held by the slot. Though I guess that depends on how the jacket feels, I haven't used a remote with one of those on.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Insectecutor

I wonder when this will come built in to the Wii remote...

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JebranRush

The extendable jacket is removable, but apparently M+ is a little loose without it. It's supposed to be like that because Nintendo wants people to use the jackets.

Read it here!

The Wii MotionPlus connector feels loose ("wobbly")
    When touching the connector on the Wii MotionPlus, you may notice it feels a bit loose. This is the way it was designed and there is no need for repair.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn
    @Insectecutor said:
    "I wonder when this will come built in to the Wii remote..."

i wonder the same thing, because i would much rather buy a motion plus built in to a wii remote then seperate attachments
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Unfortunately Nintendo have had to keep up this over-the-top safety rubbish ever since the whole ridiculous fiasco with the wrist straps.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Insectecutor
    @JebranRush said:
    " The extendable jacket is removable, but apparently M+ is a little loose without it. It's supposed to be like that because Nintendo wants people to use the jackets.

Read it here!

When touching the connector on the Wii MotionPlus, you may notice it feels a bit loose. This is the way it was designed and there is no need for repair.
    "
    Sounds like poor design to me, although the jacket doesn't bother me much so I'll probably keep it in there.
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I hate the Wii condoms so much. Grr...

gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By gormers
    @JebranRush said:
    " The extendable jacket is removable, but apparently M+ is a little loose without it. It's supposed to be like that because Nintendo wants people to use the jackets.

Read it here!

"
    Well thats stupid, I remember ordering some of those once but not getting any. And it seems they no longer send them out here.

I have one jacket because it came with the wii mote though.
    Omali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By Omali

I always use my Wii condom. The last thing I need is more gameboys running around the house, I already have four different generations.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Kiemoe

I would like to think every hates those goddamn condoms. Tore those suckers off my wiimote first thing.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

As I was a doofus and slammed my Wii Remote into my knee while playing Tiger Woods last night, leaving a pretty nasty bruise even with the remote jacket, I'd say it's a dumb move to remove them.  I don't even get the hate for them, really.  They do nothing to impede playing the games, they're actually rather comfortable to hold, and they cushion blows caused by errant swinging and general stupidity.  Honestly, the Wii Remote is better off with them.

Omali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16  Edited By Omali
    @Hailinel: I clubbed myself in the head playing Brothers in Arms, since you call your troops by swinging the nunchuck in a circular motion.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Meowayne
    @Hailinel said:
    They do nothing to impede playing the games
    They kill the rumble. It's very weak to begin with, and the remote jacket makes it barely noticable.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Hailinel said:
    "As I was a doofus and slammed my Wii Remote into my knee while playing Tiger Woods last night, leaving a pretty nasty bruise even with the remote jacket, I'd say it's a dumb move to remove them.  I don't even get the hate for them, really.  They do nothing to impede playing the games, they're actually rather comfortable to hold, and they cushion blows caused by errant swinging and general stupidity.  Honestly, the Wii Remote is better off with them."

See that's your opinion, and it's fine, but it's not a fact that they are 'better' with the remote, what do I care if your stupid enough to hit yourself with the wii remote?

If you want to use it that's awesome, but I (and a lot of other people) find the material very uncomfortable for the hands (especially if you have sensitive skin) and they latch onto dirt, dust and hair (which in a house with a St Bernard who malts year round, is not a good thing) very easily, and just (imo) look fucking butt ugly.

As for not impeding games, well again that's your opinion, but in mine, the feel of the material alone is distracting enough that I am unable to play games. Holding a wii remote with one of those latex jackets to me is like nails on a chalkboard, utterly unacceptable.

Which is why I was so worried that motionPlus would come with the jacket permanently attached.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.