Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Taiko Drum Master Wii 2 - First Screens & Details

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Namco Bandai Games has released the first screenshots for Taiko Drum Master Wii 2: Dodon to Ni-Dai-Me.

The first screens below reveal the inclusions of Square Enix's Slime's and chibi versions of the Idol Masters, as well as a few other characters you may be familiar with.  Why you may ask?, well Namco Bandai has managed to get some notable cross over deals for this game's music. The new games tie-ins include Dragon Quest IX's main theme song "Prologue IX", as well as songs from Pokemon Diamond & Pearl, Naruto Shippuuden, Dragon Ball, and Keroro Gunsou. You can see a full list of cross over tie-ins in English here

Taiko Drum Master 2 also includes a new Boss Battle mode. This mode features your classic Taiko gameplay of hitting notes as they appear on the target strip, but enemies will now step in and attempt block your notes and rhythm. You'll also find bomb notes, which when tapped, will give you damage.

The second Wii installment in the Taiko Drum Master series arrives in Japan on November 19th,   It's priced at ¥5,040 when solo, and ¥7,980 when bundled with a Taiko drum.     

Still no confirmation on whether the series will come to Wii in the West, but Namco-Bandai are known to be looking into it. In fact they seem to be researching ways in which they can provide the all important Taiko drum at little cost and risk in the Western market...   

Recent News Post: 

Namco- Bandai seem to want to give their Wii version of Taiko no Tatsujin a chance in the West, on the evidence of a patent they have recently listed.  

The Wii game in Japan comes bundled with one well made Taiko drum, the problem is doing the same here in the West for a game that's never been popular among the masses, may be too much of a risk given the costs of manufacture and distribution. 

No Caption Provided

So, they're considering a inflatable one instead - Siliconera is reporting that it's essentially a soft cushion that you'll pop your remote inside and tap away to send drum tap data to the Wii.   Now as a fan of the series when I first heard about this I thought it was hair brained idea, but after looking at the diagram below, I suppose it could work  fine if the touch panels are hard enough, and if it's using thick plastic sheeting.

No Caption Provided

Any fans of the DS games or older PS2 games on Giant Bomb?   

Taiko no Tatsujin, Wii ! 

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mikeeegeee

what? damnit, why don't they just release a fully functional, virtual drumset you can play? I thought a title like this would at least attempt something like that.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @mikeeegeee said:
    " what? damnit, why don't they just release a fully functional, virtual drumset you can play? I thought a title like this would at least attempt something like that. "
    The tactile nature of hitting a real Taiko drum is really important to the game, it would totally defeat what Taiko is about if they used a virtual drum. 
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool

I want this and the real Taiko drum.  It looks exactly the kind of game I can have fun with.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

@oldschool said:

" I want this and the real Taiko drum.  It looks exactly the kind of game I can have fun with. "

I normally dislike rhythm games but there was something about the first DS game that grabbed me, and I soon fell in love with it's madness and adorable quirks. The music is very catchy, I can now sing entire tracks of J pop  songs and I have no idea what I'm singing, lol.

They are very satisfying to whack, you get that vibration feedback in your knuckles and it feels good. 

One of the many arcade machines:

You could try out the DS game... 

No Caption Provided

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By turbomonkey138

Donkey konga is better

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

@turbomonkey138 said:

" Donkey konga is better "

Donkey Konga is lame, it's nowhere near as fun as Taiko is, besides, all that clapping malarkey is cringe worthy shit. It's also far too easy and it's track-list in both games are weak in comparison. 

Those drums are great with DK Junglebeat though.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "  
     @turbomonkey138 said:
    " Donkey konga is better "
    Donkey Konga is lame, it's nowhere near as fun as Taiko is, besides, all that clapping malarkey is cringe worthy shit. It's also far too easy and it's track-list in both games are weak in comparison.   Those drums are great with DK Junglebeat though. "
    I wouldn't call it lame, but Donkey Konga's weakness was in its tracklist.  I wish they had have had more use for those drums than 2 games.  I remember getting Donkey Konga  on clearance with drums for $15.  I was pretty happy.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

@oldschool:

My girlfriends friends are effecting my opinion harshly, Space Channel 5 is all the buzz in my house now, while Konga is considered lame.  I don't mind the odd track, but overall it's a weak in comparison.  

I will still get both games out during a party on occasions, but nobody wants to play it. If I had another two drums it might make the game more fun. I have two sets of drums currently, I would like to get another two for my collection. They're really cheap these days. I paid something like 5 rounds each for mine. I think that's reasonable.

Do you have DK Junglebeat?, because that's well worth hunting down, (and passing on the Wii version.)  The Wii game doesn't feel right, and it's due largely to the lack of physically hitting drums. It's a satisfying game to play.  

You should import a copy also, the only issue is the cost is considerable higher given the sizes of the box, and ideally, you want two drums as opposed to just one. 

You could also consider obtaining the PS2 version from a few years back, and using a swap disc to play. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Oo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.