Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

The Regginator Loves His Mother

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

NoA President, Reggie Fils-Aime, AKA The Regginator, has been expressing some love for Mother in a interview with MTV Multiplayer:

MTV Multiplayer: We used to talk about "Mother 3" [the highly-regarded 2006 Japanese role-playing game that has never been released in America, despite a fervent Internet fan movement]. And then I stopped asking you about it after a while.

Fils-Aime: I'm a big "Mother" fan. I have to set the record straight on this topic, because I have seen all of the hate comments. I'm a big "Mother" fan. Huge "Mother" fan. I would love to see "Mother" localized in our market. In fact, I've talked to [Nintendo president] Mr. Iwata about it because this is a game he has some history with. [pauses] But it is not on our announcement schedule. [laughs]

MTV Multiplayer: How can that be? [laughs]

Fils-Aime: I am a fan of a lot of different products that aren't on our announcement schedule.

MTV Multiplayer: How could there be something you like, but it's not on the announcement schedule? Take me into the psychology of that.

Fils-Aime: Maybe I'm going to burst some people's bubbles, but just because I'm the president of NOA doesn't mean that every game that I love gets published in our territory. We run a business. And so, in order for a title to be published, the development, localization, launch, volume, all needs to make economic sense.

Read the full interview here

Ughh, why oh why does this nonsense persist!... I wish they would just localize the game for English speaking regions first, and release the game on DSi Ware. There's no Earthbound SNES situation in respect to this game. With that game, there are legal issues that need to be rectified, but here, there's no viable excuse in my eyes.

It would have been awesome to have got this game in time for the 20th Anniversary of the series, which on the 27th of July. Sadly it looks like fans will be getting jack **** on that date, here in the west anyway. I would like to be proved wrong, but I do hold very litlle hope of anything turning up.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Meh, everyone ineterested pirated it and got the fan translation anyway.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

True, but it's no excuse for not having the game here officially with a Nintendo translation.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well, no, but then what if the bring it and the translation is worse than the fanmade?! Imagine the hate!

ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By ishotmrburns
    I bought Mother 2 just yesterday:

No Caption Provided

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Awesome purchase ^

Al3xand3r
    said:
    "Well, no, but then what if the bring it and the translation is worse than the fanmade?! Imagine the hate!"

I doubt that would happen, Nintendo's localization team in Redmond are pretty darn good at what they do, you only have to look at examples in recent games to see that.

I think they would be very mindful of what the fans have come up with, and may well pay homage to that with their own work, if they ever get the game to work on.

I want the game on DSi Ware.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By destruktive
    ishotmrburns said:
    "I bought Mother 2 just yesterday:

No Caption Provided

"
    Did you find that at Super potato? :P
    Damnit. I really wanna go there now
    ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By ishotmrburns
    destruktive said:
    "ishotmrburns said:
    "I bought Mother 2 just yesterday"
    Did you find that at Super potato? :PDamnit. I really wanna go there now"
    Yep. I also picked up Super Donkey Kong 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.