The Top 20 Wii Titles for the Latecomer

  • 73 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Res4 Wii Edition is awesome.

Online
#52 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Prime Trilogy's extremely rare isn't it? :(

#53 Posted by Hailinel (24381 posts) -

@Barrock said:

Prime Trilogy's extremely rare isn't it? :(

I'm not sure how rare "extremely" really is, but yeah, they did stop producing copies of it rather quickly compared to other releases.

#54 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Barrock said:

Prime Trilogy's extremely rare isn't it? :(

I'm not sure how rare "extremely" really is, but yeah, they did stop producing copies of it rather quickly compared to other releases.

$245 new. So extremely would be hyperbole but it still sucks.

#55 Posted by Hailinel (24381 posts) -

@Barrock said:

@Hailinel said:

@Barrock said:

Prime Trilogy's extremely rare isn't it? :(

I'm not sure how rare "extremely" really is, but yeah, they did stop producing copies of it rather quickly compared to other releases.

$245 new. So extremely would be hyperbole but it still sucks.

I'm pretty sure that it was announced as a limited edition to begin with. Unlike a lot of so-called limited editions, Nintendo kept their word on that.

#56 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (838 posts) -

I want to vote to cancel out whoever put Other M on that list. Also if you're down with ports the Wii version of Resident Evil 4 is fantastic.

#57 Posted by Hailinel (24381 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

I want to vote to cancel out whoever put Other M on that list. Also if you're down with ports the Wii version of Resident Evil 4 is fantastic.

Nope.

#58 Posted by Brendan (7752 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

The title says top 20 but there's 26 games on the list. I feel lied to.

On topic of all of those the only ones i'm really interested in are the Super Mario Galaxy games, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles since i heard it's a lot like FF XII and FF XII is one of the greatest game ever made of course.

It was originally 20, so you just got to round down. From 26. Also, FFXII kicks so much ass.

#59 Posted by Brendan (7752 posts) -

@kuz101 said:

I thought Wii Sports Resort was fun from what I played of it at a friends house. I found Super Paper Mario disappointing. I played for about an hour waiting for it to become an RPG, but it turns out the game is a platformer. I played a little more and it was just plain boring to me. Also, try Sin and Punishment: Star Successor if you like shmups, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom if you like fighters, and Trauma Team.

I've never been a big fan of shmups, and I've played enough of the sports mini game collections so that I don't feel the need to again, but the Wii I'm getting will probably come with the game so I'll end up playing it.

#60 Posted by StarvingGamer (8134 posts) -
#61 Edited by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

In my opinion, Monster Hunter Tri is above and beyond the best game on the platform.

Edit: Just be aware, a large portion of this game is multiplayer, and the servers are finally going offline on April 30th.

Online
#62 Posted by StarvingGamer (8134 posts) -

@Mmmslash said:

In my opinion, Monster Hunter Tri is above and beyond the best game on the platform.

Edit: Just be aware, a large portion of this game is multiplayer, and the servers are finally going offline on April 30th.

I second this, and feel slightly mollified that I forgot it.

#63 Posted by L44 (556 posts) -

Galaxy 2 is in my opinion the 2nd best Mario game ever and my favourite game on the console. And while you may be a bit late Monster Hunter Tri was great (you could be one of those people that don't see the appeal though)

#64 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Also, this is my obligatory "PUT OTHER M ON THAT LIST" demand, because I will champion that game if no one else will.

Other M is quite literally one of the worst games released this generation. Gameplay wise, it's frustrating and mediocre at best. Story/character wise, it's ridiculously offensive with an attitude towards women that would embarrass even regulars on 4chan.

#65 Posted by Hailinel (24381 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Hailinel said:

Also, this is my obligatory "PUT OTHER M ON THAT LIST" demand, because I will champion that game if no one else will.

Other M is quite literally one of the worst games released this generation. Gameplay wise, it's frustrating and mediocre at best. Story/character wise, it's ridiculously offensive with an attitude towards women that would embarrass even regulars on 4chan.

It is neither. You can put your hyperbole stick away.

#66 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

I'm gonna have to request MLB Power Pros. Sure the rosters are outdated, but the Success mode alone makes it worth buying, and the gameplay is very pick up n play friendly.

#67 Posted by Lavapotamus (199 posts) -

Radiant Dawn is almost $60 on Amazon, used. Is it honestly worth the price of admission? Is it more Fire Emblem, or does it add new elements that really expand the franchise? I'd be fine with adding another Fire Emblem game to my queue, but I'm really hesitant/suspicious that the game is so expensive because it's rare rather than just being a standout from the series.

#68 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Hailinel said:

Also, this is my obligatory "PUT OTHER M ON THAT LIST" demand, because I will champion that game if no one else will.

Other M is quite literally one of the worst games released this generation. Gameplay wise, it's frustrating and mediocre at best. Story/character wise, it's ridiculously offensive with an attitude towards women that would embarrass even regulars on 4chan.

It is neither. You can put your hyperbole stick away.

How did I get involved with this again?

#69 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Pro tip: Don't play No More Heroes 2, play the first one.

Well, I wouldn't say don't play it but yeah... the first one is better.

This.

@Psykhophear said:

Great list. I would also recommend playing The House of The Dead: Overkill. The game is fun to play and its hilarious.

Also this.

Also also: I find the lack of Rabbids Go Home disturbing. And you should really have the first Mario Galaxy on that list, because it's every bit as good as the second and absolutely worth playing; I'd put it on the list over Super Paper Mario any day of the week.

Trauma Team is really fun too.

#70 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Hailinel said:

Also, this is my obligatory "PUT OTHER M ON THAT LIST" demand, because I will champion that game if no one else will.

Other M is quite literally one of the worst games released this generation. Gameplay wise, it's frustrating and mediocre at best. Story/character wise, it's ridiculously offensive with an attitude towards women that would embarrass even regulars on 4chan.

It is neither. You can put your hyperbole stick away.

He's being hyperbolic, but he's not necessarily wrong.

#71 Posted by Hailinel (24381 posts) -
@iAmJohn What point he may or may not have is list in hyperbole, which makes it impossible to take seriously.
#72 Posted by Brendan (7752 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

Off the top of my head: Muramasa and A Boy & His Blob

Muramasa's already on the list, and I totally forgot about A boy and His Blob. I dunno, I feel like I got enough out of the quicklook, is it really worth playing all the way through?

#73 Posted by Brendan (7752 posts) -

@Mmmslash said:

In my opinion, Monster Hunter Tri is above and beyond the best game on the platform.

Edit: Just be aware, a large portion of this game is multiplayer, and the servers are finally going offline on April 30th.

I'm not planning on getting into any multiplayer intensive games (hence the lack of Brawl and Kart on the list) so unfortunately some good games are getting the shaft.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.