The Wii is now done, what is the best Wii game?

• 120 results
#51 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Monster Hunter Tri I think.

#52 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

Brawl for me.

#53 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I can't believe we've been saying the word "weeeee" and typing it with two i's to refer to a freaking game console for the past 6 years.

#54 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'm gonna say Brawl, but I'm still disappointed that was the only person who even acknowledged Fragile Dreams.

#55 Posted by verticalstripes (33 posts) -

Super Smash Bros Brawl - One of my favorite games ever. This is probably the non-FPS multiplayer I've played the most, despite the fact that the online is garbage so all my MP time was offline with friends.

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 - Both were great games, but I preferred the original to the sequel because it felt more unique/magical and I like the hub world compared to the level map. Galaxy 2 was fun too and Yoshi was a great addition.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - I don't care what others say about this game, it is awesome! Sure it's a really easy game but I still had a great time playing it and I loved the art style.

Mario Kart Wii - Not as good as MK64 or Double Dash, but it's still really fun to play overall, even if some of the items were way overpowered. Also the only Wii game I played with good online MP

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Just an all-around fun game. Fairly challenging too. Felt like a return to the DKC games of old, which is what it set out to do.

New Super Mario Bros Wii - This game is so much fun to dick around in. Grabbing friends and throwing them off the edge never gets old.

Wii Sports - Don't play this at all anymore, but when it came out it was a unique set of fun, simple games. Plus it gave me a chance to play with family/friends that don't normally play video games.

Twilight Princess was amazing also, but I got that on Gamecube, so I personally consider it more of a GC game than a Wii game.

#56 Posted by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I'm gonna say Brawl, but I'm still disappointed that was the only person who even acknowledged Fragile Dreams.

I only just remembered that was a Tri-Crescendo game, that's why.

#57 Posted by AverageGreg (120 posts) -

Skyward Sword was really good, but Galaxy 2 is easily the best game on the system; definitely one of the best platformers ever made.

#58 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Metroid Prime 3.

#59 Edited by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

Of the small number of Wii games I've played, my top tier is probably:

• Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
  • Super Mario Galaxy /SMG2 (the first holds an edge, for me, probably nostalgia mostly)
  • Wii Sports

Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, World of Goo, and Twilight Princess are some games from the next tier. Skyward Sword and Fragile Dreams are tbd.

Best game I played on a Wii goes to:

A tie between Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Metroid Prime 2.

#60 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

So far as games released on the Wii goes, Twilight Princess.

But if you're talking Wii exclusives... Maybe Skyward Sword. I dunno.

twilight princess is a lot better on gamecube. I think the best game on the wii that really utilized the wii's hardware was skyward sword. I enjoyed galaxy or galaxy 2 more honestly, but those games could have been on gamecube and would have been just as good. Skyward Sword is something that I would only play on the wii.

#61 Posted by handlas (2683 posts) -

Wii U plays Wii games right? I'm kind of excited to get a Wii U (when they aren't sold out) so I can dive into all these games I missed out on.

So basically Galaxy 2 huh? What about games like MadWorld? No love?

#62 Posted by big_jon (5732 posts) -

Mario Galaxy and Donkey Kong Coutty returns were both wonderful games, my personal favorites.

#63 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

Anyone who lists Other M but not Prime 3/Trilogy is an asshole.

#64 Posted by TheRealMoot (382 posts) -

Monster Hunter Tri or No More Heroes.

Put close to 700 hours into MH3, literally the only reason I used the Wii for years.

And No More Heroes is just bloody awesome!

#65 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I would not say the Wii is entirely dead quite yet, seeing as the Wii U does not ship until November. Don't forget, also, that game production does not instantly stop te second a new console ships; if you'll recall the Wii's launch, you'll see that games continued comin out for the GameCube for about six months, if not more. However, considering the state of Wii development at the moment, I'm not convinced that will be the case.

#66 Posted by Demoskinos (14842 posts) -

No more Heroes. Okay, so its not Objectively the best game but its the only game I give a shit about on the Wii.

#67 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

I enjoyed MadWorld and Little King's Story the most, you can keep the best.

Xenoblade Chronicles was such a disappointment. The combat got trivial and boring if you spent any time off the beaten path and the predictable story didn't keep me coming back either.

#68 Posted by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

I only got my wii a couple months ago, and I'm far from playing all of the games that I believe I should, but my choice is easily Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Skyward Sword are also really awesome (but flawed).

How much did you have to shell out for that? I lucked out and found a sealed copy at Walmart just a few months ago, it was still a $50 game but that's a good bit cheaper than prices I'd find online.

The Wii really surprised me later on it's life. I remember loving Twilight Princess during the first few months, completely hating it and then loving it. I'm not sure if I can pick a single game since there were a tonne of great ones, heck I even loved Other M. I guess if I had to toss in a vote it would be for Skyward Sword. I'm a huge Zelda fan and maybe it was just in my head but I kept on seeing references to a lot of other Zelda games. It was a flawed game but after loosing some faith in the series I felt like the game bundled everything I love (and a bunch of things I don't) into one great package.

#69 Posted by SlashDance (1815 posts) -

Muramasa ?

That's the only Wii game I've played post 2007 or 8, so I can't really call it the best, but damn I loved that game.

#70 Posted by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

Call of Duty 4: Reflex Edition.

#71 Posted by Carryboy (681 posts) -

Original Galaxy, free.

#72 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2393 posts) -

Wii Music

#73 Posted by BoOzak (923 posts) -

@handlas said:

Wii U plays Wii games right? I'm kind of excited to get a Wii U (when they aren't sold out) so I can dive into all these games I missed out on.

So basically Galaxy 2 huh? What about games like MadWorld? No love?

MadWorld was good dumb fun and worth the £5 I spent on it but it's got no replay value and it's really short. As for other more 'hardcore' games NMH & Shattered Memories are both great but I believe they've already been mentioned.

As for my favourite Wii game that would have to be Metroid Prime 3: Corruption it was the sole reason I got a Wii at the time and nothings surpassed it, not even SMG. (havent played 2)

#74 Posted by believer258 (11923 posts) -

The only game I can ever remember beating on Wii was Metroid Prime. Yes, the first one, on the Trilogy.

So, that. Metroid Prime. It also happens to be the best Gamecube game.

#75 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11753 posts) -

Probably Super Mario Galaxy (the first, I didn't play enough of the second to give a concrete opinion one way or another). Ironically, I got that game around the same time as Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, and while that game is totally fine and awesome and Fire Emblem and whatnot, it's probably one of the weaker games in the series. Also Smash Bros was pretty good.

#76 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

Hard to pick between the two Galaxy games. I would say Prime Trilogy but the first two games are Gamecube games so I don't think that should count. Prime 3 was meh.

#77 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1727 posts) -

The Wii aka the Galaxybox. 

#78 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

If we're talking about exclusives only, Super Mario Galaxy (2 is probably better, but I haven't played it). But if we're not, Resident Evil 4.

#79 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

SMG 'cause it's like the only Wii game I played.

#80 Posted by SpaceRunaway (867 posts) -

Muscle March

#81 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Really glad to see the amount of Monster Hunter in this thread, which I back up as well.

#82 Posted by evanbower (1211 posts) -

@Ducksworth said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I only got my wii a couple months ago, and I'm far from playing all of the games that I believe I should, but my choice is easily Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Skyward Sword are also really awesome (but flawed).

How much did you have to shell out for that? I lucked out and found a sealed copy at Walmart just a few months ago, it was still a $50 game but that's a good bit cheaper than prices I'd find online.

The Wii really surprised me later on it's life. I remember loving Twilight Princess during the first few months, completely hating it and then loving it. I'm not sure if I can pick a single game since there were a tonne of great ones, heck I even loved Other M. I guess if I had to toss in a vote it would be for Skyward Sword. I'm a huge Zelda fan and maybe it was just in my head but I kept on seeing references to a lot of other Zelda games. It was a flawed game but after loosing some faith in the series I felt like the game bundled everything I love (and a bunch of things I don't) into one great package.

Yeah, I think sometimes people get so caught up in rating it in relation to the franchises history that they miss out on some simple things that it does incredibly well. There is just a feeling in that game that I don't think has been done before.. which I really enjoyed even last night just turning it on and wandering around the forest, listening to the incredible soundtrack through headphones.

#83 Posted by mikey87144 (1776 posts) -

Galaxy 2. Only Wii game that's a must play IMO

#84 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (330 posts) -

I would say either Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2. The 1st is probably one of my favorite games of this generation.

#85 Posted by Fattony12000 (7429 posts) -

Xenoblade, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Resident Evil 4, Epic Yarn, Netflix, ScummVM.

#86 Posted by VierasTalo (784 posts) -

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. No real challengers there aside from that. Although it was cool playing Scumm-games on the Wii, but I'd be hard pressed to name those as "Wii-games."

#87 Posted by Hunter5024 (5691 posts) -

@Ducksworth said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I didn't mind getting a used one, so I got away with spending only 40. Still pretty ridiculous though. That one's going to be pretty rare in a few years.

#88 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2

No More Heroes

#89 Posted by Butano (1738 posts) -

Of the ones I've played, either Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess. New Super Mario Bros was a good one also.

#90 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Galaxy 2! Duh doy!

#91 Posted by evanbower (1211 posts) -
@AsperGamer it's a good list, I'll give you that.. But I have to ask, which games didn't make your list? That is really every wii game worth playing.
#92 Posted by evanbower (1211 posts) -
@ervonymous

I enjoyed MadWorld and Little King's Story the most, you can keep the best.

Xenoblade Chronicles was such a disappointment. The combat got trivial and boring if you spent any time off the beaten path and the predictable story didn't keep me coming back either.

Predictable story? There is no way you finished that game.
#93 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

Prime trilogy and Skyward Sword.

Never played Galaxy 1 or 2.

#94 Posted by AsperGamer (161 posts) -

@evanbower said:

@AsperGamer it's a good list, I'll give you that.. But I have to ask, which games didn't make your list? That is really every wii game worth playing.

That isn't really every Wii game worth playing, it is every Wii game I consider worth making a list that I own and have played. I left out the ones that left me with a more "meh" feeling. However, to answer your question, the short list of those I enjoyed the most are :

Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City

Metroid Prime 3

Little King's Story

Battalion Wars 2

The House of the Dead: Overkill

Resident Evil 4

Mario Kart Wii

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Super Smash Bros

Super Mario Galaxy 1

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Paper Mario

Monster Hunter Tri

Trauma Centre: New Blood

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Rune Factory Frontiers

Rune Factory Tides of Destiny

Murumasa: The Demon Blade

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

Dead Space Extraction

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

The Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

Mario Strikers Charged

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

It really isn't all that much smaller than the other list. I can't trim it any less. I have to say though, House of the Dead Overkill was easily the most fun I have had in a game this generation. It was hilarious and just plain old fashioned fun. I did play the hell out of Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter Tri and they are great. Xenoblade and Last Story gave me some great JRPG times, plus Fragile Dreams is freakishly awesome. Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are both great multiplayer fun that shouldn't be misses.

In short, I really enjoyed my time with the Wii, as I have with the PS3 and 360. Embracing good games is a great feeling, no matter where they are.

#95 Posted by theoracleofgame (96 posts) -

Silent Hill Shattered Memories is fantastic. If not that, then Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4.

#96 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

I kinda agree with a lot of people here, Galaxy 2 is the best Wii game.

I didn't even like the first one, but the second was so much crazier and the levels were more entertaining.

#97 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Either Skyward Sword or the original Galaxy. It's a hard toss up.

And I was actually pretty disappointed by Galaxy 2, probably just because it wasn't as impactful, and it was hell of hyped. It was great, but it still doesn't touch the original for me.

#98 Posted by xyzygy (9997 posts) -

Sjyward Sword or Last Story. Dont make me decide.

#99 Posted by MEsoJD (2 posts) -

probably just muramasa.

#100 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4525 posts) -

Muramasa is not only one of my favorite Wii games and not only is it one of my favorite games this generation, it's probably one of my favorite games of all time. Not top 3 or anything though...probably top 20ish or something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.