The Wii is now done, what is the best Wii game?

• 120 results
#101 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

shattered memories or galaxy 2

#102 Posted by ervonymous (1225 posts) -

@evanbower said:

Predictable story? There is no way you finished that game.

I'll be the first to admit it, I have an unreasonable habit of dropping games I can't derive any enjoyment from 40 hours in.

#103 Posted by Puzzler20 (78 posts) -

2 of my favourite Wii games are the 2 Pinball Hall of fame games.

#104 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Rhythm Heaven Fever

#105 Posted by Dalai (6876 posts) -

I still think Super Mario Galaxy might be the best game this generation, but there were several games that I would consider 5-star material.

#106 Posted by PSNgamesun (373 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Zelda TP. Its really just a toss up for me.

#107 Posted by Chaser324 (5955 posts) -

Hard to really argue against Super Mario Galaxy 2, but Rhythm Heaven Fever is a close second for me personally.

#108 Posted by evanbower (1206 posts) -

@ervonymous said:

@evanbower said:

I'll be the first to admit it, I have an unreasonable habit of dropping games I can't derive any enjoyment from 40 hours in.

Good thing that doesn't stop you from making statements about the story as a whole. You should check out my review of the Sixth Sense. Of course, I ultimately didn't finish it because of its predictable "child psychologist treats deranged child" storyline.

#109 Posted by Giantstalker (1445 posts) -

After Twilight Princess in '06 it pretty much all went downhill, so I'd have to say that. I can honestly say that's my 3rd favorite Zelda game (coming from an avid fan).

Monster Hunter Tri was pretty neat, too, but certainly not on that level.

#110 Posted by ervonymous (1225 posts) -

@evanbower said:

@ervonymous said:

@evanbower said:

Good thing that doesn't stop you from making statements about the story as a whole. You should check out my review of the Sixth Sense. Of course, I ultimately didn't finish it because of its predictable "child psychologist treats deranged child" storyline.

I thought it'd be self-evident that I was talking about the story only up to the point I'm familiar with, I'm not that unreasonable. The point I was making is that the story wasn't interesting enough for me to suffer through the unrewarding combat.

#111 Posted by AuthenticM (3671 posts) -

Galaxy 2

#112 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

Rune Factory Frontier. Here's my review. I loved that game.

The Wii has been an interesting console. I have come to learn that it is normal by the standards of a Nintendo platform, at least since the N64, to play only a few games throughout the generation and feel generally satisfied with the purchase. Both the 64 and the GameCube were released when I still relied on my parents to purchase software for me. I played the ever-loving shit out of everything I had back then, because I got maybe two or three games a year. I have been financially independent since the Wii released and I hop on there maybe once every six months or so. It's a new experience for me.

#113 Posted by Korolev (1646 posts) -

As others have said - SMG 1 or 2 (or both - they were quite similar). Zelda Skyward Sword came close for me. After that, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, only because that was the only other game I played regularly on the Wii.

#114 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Jeff mentioned on Ocktoberkast that it would have to be Wii Sports where as Gary Whitta said it would be the original Super Mario Galaxy.

#115 Posted by ImHungry (376 posts) -

I'm not gonna try and make a case for Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins to the Moon because that game had issues, but it was definitely left the biggest impression on me out of all the games.

So I'll go with Super Mario Galaxy.

#116 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (281 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

#117 Posted by big_jon (5657 posts) -

Mario Galaxy and DKC Returns.

#118 Posted by AndrewB (7190 posts) -

For most people it's surely Sports. For moi, 'tis Galaxy hands down.

#119 Edited by Milkman (16223 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy, for me. Yes, I prefer the first one to the second. Both are obviously fantastic though.

Honorable mention for No More Heroes too.

#120 Posted by beeftothetaco (418 posts) -

One of the Galaxys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.