Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Thoughts on hosting a Giant Bomb Brawl League

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

Anyways, I had plans on returning to hosting a league for Brawl.  I have already done it before and quite possible to do.  One the things I would do would post replays onto youtube so everyone could watch.  However, I am probably not likely going to host it here if no one here is interested.  I already list my reasons onto the former place I hosted it.
    http://www.wiichat.com/super-smash-bros-brawl/58985-will-go-back-hosting-brawl-league.html#post1006431

To give you an idea what the league would be like.
    People would participate in one to three matches per a month.
    Matches consisted of a best of two out of three.
     Each match could be no longer than 3 minutes (the length of a replay)
    Matches would be sent out to me for recording.

To give you an idea what the quality of the recording is.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WiichatBrawlLeague

So what are people's thoughts on this league coming to Giant Bomb?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I'm not going to lie.  Being a HUUUUUGE Brawl fan I have to say that the online SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS in this game.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Godwind
    JJOR64 said:
    "I'm not going to lie.  Being a HUUUUUGE Brawl fan I have to say that the online SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS in this game."
    I've rarely experienced laggy matches when playing with people whom I have exchanged codes with.  I have played against people from England to California without an issue of lag.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

I'd be interested. I love brawl, and I'm certainly getting better at it. consider me signed up.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mushir

Id love to join. Not a master, but it would be fun to participate.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Godwind

It is fun.  It really focuses on a more competitive game scenario.  Plus it isn't random people.  Its people who you can actually talk to.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Cirdain

YES!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Godwind

4 people so far.   If we can get two more people, I am on board with hosting.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Hopefully getting my copy Friday. Dunno though.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb

A couple of tournaments, similar to this idea, were hosted by Arkthemaniac (I think it was him.) He might be able to help you out.

Al3xand3r said:

"Hopefully getting my copy Friday. Dunno though."

Al3xand3r....of all people! You haven't played it? I mean, I haven't, b-bu-but dude! It's you!
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Godwind
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Hopefully getting my copy Friday. Dunno though."
    Seriously?  A real strange surprise.  I think even the Australians have them by now, unless you are from Australia(The people damned to never have video games)?  Although from my first impression, I thought you were an American with the military camouflage design and the grey pistol your holding up .  Although double checking the photo, you aren't even holding a gun and I cannot tell if that is a camouflage design.  Plus when I realized you don't spell according to American English, I just assumed you were British.  But if you don't have Brawl, you must be from Australia.  Otherwise I think you are weird, which is quite a statement coming from me.

Although my question is, why have you held out on buying the game for so long?
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

Moneys? I don't have Mario Kart either. Even launch games cost full price here, it's insane... And I'm primarily a PC gamer.

I'm not American, I'm Greek, and yes we have video games, lol. Also, there's no pistol in my photo. We tended to not use them sitting indoors. Lol.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By cloneslayer

3 minute rounds? no thx

SilverShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By SilverShadow

I would probably be interested in this as well. I'm a bit rusty but I'm sure I can shake it off ;)

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Moneys? I don't have Mario Kart either. Even launch games cost full price here, it's insane... And I'm primarily a PC gamer.I'm not American, I'm Greek, and yes we have video games, lol. Also, there's no pistol in my photo. We tended to not use them sitting indoors. Lol."
    Dont worry, I dont have Mario Kart either. It would ruin my memories of Mario Kart DS.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

Why the fuck do you have to take EVERY opportunity to bash games you dislike? No, that's not why I don't have it, I don't even have a DS.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Why the fuck do you have to take EVERY opportunity to bash games you dislike? No, that's not why I don't have it, I don't even have a DS."
    Since when do i bash games? The only games i've bashed are those JRPGS on the 360. 
    teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By teptom

It would be good to dust off my copy.

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gam3r3OOO
    JJOR64 said:
    "I'm not going to lie.  the online SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS in this game."
    I agree.
    gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gam3r3OOO

How do we deal with differing timezones? How often will we do battles?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Systech

Sure. It would be cool to break that game out again.

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gam3r3OOO

How do we deal with differing timezones? How often will we do battles?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r
    AgentJ said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "Why the fuck do you have to take EVERY opportunity to bash games you dislike? No, that's not why I don't have it, I don't even have a DS."
    Since when do i bash games? The only games i've bashed are those JRPGS on the 360. 
    "
    Well, you just did, and it was totally uncalled for. Maybe I overreacted but it was more directed @ everyone who does it than just you, and it really was uncalled for and waaaay off topic and not what was being discussed at all with my post that you quoted.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgentJ
    gam3r3OOO said:
    "How do we deal with differing timezones? How often will we do battles?"
    I'm sure that we would establish "8est/5pst" sort of thing. As for how often, that may be up to Godwind.
    dcpc10 said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    welcome to teh interwebz."
    WHEN DO I BASH GAMES I DISLIKE? The only games that i've even expressed a dislike for are the awful JRPGS on the 360, like Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, and Lost Odyssey.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Godwind

Keep in mind that you guys will be sending the replays out to me. Each game is 3 minutes long and two stock and three games played.  Trust me, it works and its fun.  As for scheduling, I leave that up to players.  I list certain information such as the time zones and wii console codes and friend codes.  I kept things pretty organized so people can track down the information one needs.  Don't worry how it will work.  I already worked this system before and works quite well.  I keep it so people don't hate participating.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgentJ
    Godwind said:
    "Keep in mind that you guys will be sending the replays out to me. Each game is 3 minutes long and two stock and three games played.  Trust me, it works and its fun.  As for scheduling, I leave that up to players.  I list certain information such as the time zones and wii console codes and friend codes.  I kept things pretty organized so people can track down the information one needs.  Don't worry how it will work.  I already worked this system before and works quite well.  I keep it so people don't hate participating."
    I dont have any of the necessairy equipment to record games. couldn't you simply record the games by watching the fights through the gambling mode?
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By BoG

I don't think we should necessarily have 3 minute rounds, but whatevs. I need to bring this league some credibility with my all star SSBB status. You're looking at the GB SSBB reigning champ!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ
    BoG said:
    "I don't think we should necessarily have 3 minute rounds, but whatevs. I need to bring this league some credibility with my all star SSBB status. You're looking at the GB SSBB reigning champ!"
    Ah, fun stuff! I'd love to have my face become goomba food courtesy of BoG!!! We'll have to have a match soon.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Godwind
    AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "Keep in mind that you guys will be sending the replays out to me. Each game is 3 minutes long and two stock and three games played.  Trust me, it works and its fun.  As for scheduling, I leave that up to players.  I list certain information such as the time zones and wii console codes and friend codes.  I kept things pretty organized so people can track down the information one needs.  Don't worry how it will work.  I already worked this system before and works quite well.  I keep it so people don't hate participating."
    I dont have any of the necessairy equipment to record games. couldn't you simply record the games by watching the fights through the gambling mode?"
    I was talking about sending the replays.  All you need to do is press the Z button silly one.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AgentJ
    Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    I dont have any of the necessairy equipment to record games. couldn't you simply record the games by watching the fights through the gambling mode?"
    I was talking about sending the replays.  All you need to do is press the Z button silly one."
    Really? That's easy! Wow, I forgot that Nintendo actually did an online game right...
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol, sounds sweet, can't wait for my copy. Especially after Linky's post that said how MP is now much better than @ launch.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Godwind

At this point, there are over 6 people.  I will host it on this site.  I will have everything ready by Friday.  I want to make a few modifications to the rules I had from the old league.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgentJ

Will all control styles be open or will we be limited to one control scheme?

Edit: I figure we might as well start listing our friend codes and such.
    Wii Friend Code:7318-2762-9295-9797
    Brawl Friend Code: 1289-7875-1098
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Godwind
    AgentJ said:
    "Will all control styles be open or will we be limited to one control scheme?
    Edit: I figure we might as well start listing our friend codes and such.
    Wii Friend Code:7318-2762-9295-9797
    Brawl Friend Code: 1289-7875-1098
    "
    Any control scheme you would like.  I will likely be asking for information later on friday.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AgentJ

Come on! Lets do this!

Roy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Roy42

Cool, since the place that used to have Brawl tourneys that I'm registered with diversified itself to get more members, I'll go along with this. I'm getting a V-Box, too, so if anyone wants to play games longer than 3 minutes with me, that's cool, I can record it (I'll post when I do have the V-Box, I don't at the moment though). I won't post too much though, mostly because I'm already trying to just keep on top of topics from about 5 different gaming sites and some TV show sites along with preparing to move house and I'm trying to learn some computer languages so I can begin my journey in game development.

Anyway, short version: I'm in, won't be posting all that much.

By the way, anyone wondering, the DSi is… AWESOME!!!! The one time something came to Australia first!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAA

Regards,

≈Roy

P.S - Brawl has been here for almost a year, just clarifying.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Al3xand3r

Count me out, it doesn't look like I'll have my game soon as there was a problem with the store overcharging me 1 cent, and since I use that account specifically for online purchases and only ever add the exact value, they just never completed the other until they got hold of me on the phone to tell me for some reason the bank wouldn't accept the order and after much talking with the bank and them, I finally found out they tried to charge a cent over the value and I had them fix it. So, with the weekend inbetween I guess I'll have it sometime next week. Gawd, I never had so much trouble over one stupid cent before, hah...

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Godwind
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Count me out, it doesn't look like I'll have my game soon as there was a problem with the store overcharging me 1 cent, and since I use that account specifically for online purchases and only ever add the exact value, they just never completed the other until they got hold of me on the phone to tell me for some reason the bank wouldn't accept the order and after much talking with the bank and them, I finally found out they tried to charge a cent over the value and I had them fix it. So, with the weekend inbetween I guess I'll have it sometime next week. Gawd, I never had so much trouble over one stupid cent before, hah..."
    Don't worry.  The league is continuous.  It doesn't stop existing.  People can join and leave at any time.  Although sorry to hear about your troubles.  Although if that was to happen in America, they would just charge us over money.  So to spend of one cent would cost us $60 dollars.  To give you an idea of the conversion.

60.00 USD

=

44.6393 EUR

0.01 USD

=

0.00744036 EUR

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.