Virtual Console: Wish List

#1 Edited by MormonWarrior (2571 posts) -

Nintendo's virtual console is awesome. For a long time, it was the only reason I owned a Wii. But there are some key omissions that must be addressed. (Also, shouldn't they put GB, GBC, and GBA games on there now?) 

NES: Earthbound Zero (Mother), Dragon Quest 1, 2, 3, and 4, Contra, Bionic Commando, Kung Fu, R.C. Pro-Am, Lolo 3, Baseball Stars, Metal Gear, Crystalis, TMNT 2 and 3, Mega Man 5 and 6, Maniac Mansion, Famicom Wars, Crystalis, Faxanadu, Stinger, and Tecmo Super Bowl.

SNES: Star Fox 2, Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X, X2, and X3, Mega Man 7, Earthbound, Soulblazer, Yoshi's Island, TMNT IV, Super Famicom Wars, and Mario's Super Picross.

Arcade: Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, and Final Fight.

Any other ideas?

#2 Posted by Hailinel (24406 posts) -

I could have sword that Contra was already on the Virtual Console.

#3 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" I could have sword that Contra was already on the Virtual Console. "
Super C and Contra 3 are, but Contra 1 isn't, which is strange.
#4 Posted by ElHijoDelIronSheik (20 posts) -

Uniracers. Tecmo Super Bowl. Mario Party 2/3. Mayhem in Monsterland(US). North and South. Goldeneye 007. WWF Raw.

#5 Posted by PAJ89 (91 posts) -

Battletoads would be great, I don't think that's on there. Chrono Trigger should be there too, although having a DS version makes it less of an issue.

#6 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@MormonWarrior said:
" Any other ideas? "

#7 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

They need to put Seiken Densetsu 3 (sequel to secret of mana) and Terranigma on there

#8 Posted by SuicidalSnowman (396 posts) -
@PAJ89 said:
" Battletoads would be great, I don't think that's on there. Chrono Trigger should be there too, although having a DS version makes it less of an issue. "
I dunno, I played a ton of Battletoads back in the day, but seriously, other than for the lulz, I don't know if I ever want to go back to that game again. 

Also, General Chaos for Sega. 
#9 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Chrono trigger would be awesome for the Virtual Console but its not coming because of the DS version most likely. Also Nintendo has said that Earthbound will never come to the Virtual Console because Nintendo's lawyers wanted to change all the pop culture references in it and the creators said no to that idea so its never coming to the Virtual Console sadly. Games I would want to see on the virtual console would be the first three Mario Party games, Final Fantasy VI, Yoshi's island, and if they would let a game boy advance game slip Mother 3.

#10 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

donkey kong 64

#11 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -
#12 Posted by Modoversus (15 posts) -

Double Dragon 2, my favorite beat-em-up on the NES.

#13 Posted by Hypertreb (104 posts) -

Earthbound, Soul Blazer, Crystalis, Final Fantasy 5, Live a Live, Mega Man 6.
#14 Edited by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

What I'm missing most at the moment is DK 64 and some classic Mario Parties

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Two things to point out to everybody:

Earthbound won't work, ever. Too much copyright infringement issues.
Foreign games aren't coming, mainly because of the translation thing. Terranigma can work, but that's really it.

#16 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" What I'm missing most at the moment is DK 64 and some classic Mario Parties "
To show you where my mind is, I read that as Mario Panties.
#17 Posted by desku (12 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" What I'm missing most at the moment is DK 64 and some classic Mario Parties "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.