Want all NES, SNES and N64 VC titles on your wii for free?

#1 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Well this thread title should freak out some mods. 

A new system menu update just rolled out in Europe that updates the shop channel. The big feature being that people can now become "Wii Conection Platimun Masters" and download all the NES, SNES and N64 Virtual console title for free.  

You will have to do something for it though. You will need to help 20 people to get their Wii online.  

Quite a number but for what you get in return it is well worth placing some adds in your local super market offering to help people to get it online for free.  

Get those Wii's online!

#2 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@Endogene: damn, i should do that, too bad my wii is sitting in it's box
#3 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

For a moment I thought Endogene's account has been hacked by a spambot.

Oh, and yeah, this has been going on in Japan for a while now. 

@organicalistic_ said:

" @Endogene: damn, i should do that, too bad my wii is sitting in it's box "

Sounds like one evil box.
#4 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
Oh, and yeah, this has been going on in Japan for a while now. 
I believe that that is for every person you get online you receive some points. This feature is all new as far as i know.  
#5 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Wow, the US is screwed for once.

#6 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

And once we have 21 Wii consoles online, what are we going to do with them?  I was trying to get into a game of Super Smash Bros Brawl online last week and couldn't even find one at like 7pm.

#7 Posted by Viney212 (105 posts) -
@WickedCobra03: Their goal is to have people get their friends and family to connect online for firmware updates and to discover the store capabilities and whatnot.  They wouldn't be losing much of anything by giving you free downloads, but they'd be gaining 20 potential wii shop customers who may or may not have been aware or familiar with the online capabilities before you educated them about it.  I don't think they care as much about getting people to actually play games online though.  Especially considering their past indifference towards online multiplayer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.