What are the best games out for this system?

#1 Posted by flatluigi (47 posts) -

SMG2 has gotten me to get my Wii up and running again, and I'm looking for any games I might want to pick up. Any suggestions?

#2 Posted by FakePlasticTree (449 posts) -

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. 

#3 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

SSMB, SMG, Zelda and you're set. Maybe Mario Kart if you're into that kinda thing.

#4 Posted by ElegantRuby (516 posts) -
@flatluigi: Look here.
#5 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
Muramasa is still the best game available, and it is sweet. 
#6 Posted by OrigamiDriller (23 posts) -

the Okami port was excellent, and there's also Cursed Mountain, Fragile Dreams, New Super Mario Bros., Mad World and No More Heroes 1 and 2. 

There's also Cave Story on the Wiiware, which is totally worth the $12. 

#7 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

Twilight Princess is amazing.

#8 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

wii sports

#9 Posted by JC1994 (1 posts) -

Monster Hunter Tri

#10 Edited by Tomzombie (396 posts) -

eh i would say the no more hero's  series   

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3593
  got it from there
#11 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -
@flatluigi: No More Heroes and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are absolute must buys ;)
#12 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

#13 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
#14 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

no more heroes 1 ( if you live in american , other versions are censored so badly that makes them unplayable)

#15 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

Super Family Party Games 12: The Waggle Chronicles

#16 Posted by Shaanyboi (1284 posts) -

Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (not really game-y, but it's an interesting experience)
de Blob (really funky.... may as well wait for the sequel though)
Boom Blox (the first one, or Boom Blox: Bash Party.... really awesome party game)

#17 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -
#18 Posted by lazyturtle (1228 posts) -

I suppose it really depends on what kind of games you like to play. I personally found Monster Hunter Tri to be extremely boring. The Zelda game, Mario Galaxy and RE4 were all fun. I'm still awaiting a few titles that I'm interested in from gamefly. 

I don't know about you, but the New Super Mario Bros. reminded me how much I sucked at Super Mario Bros. back in the day. It went back to gamefly the next day.

Honestly I've yet to play a game on the Wii that I'd be willing to pay more than $15 for. I'd say just get a gamefly account and play the field.

#19 Posted by fuzzyponken (694 posts) -
Wario Land: Shake It! is a must have for any Wii owner that appreciates good 2D. I bought that game with my Wii and spent like a month not bothering with anything else, I didn't even look at the Wii Sports disc. I had so much fun hunting down treasures and completing goals, the game has ridiculous replay value if you're a completionist like me.  

On that 2D note, Muramasa: The Demon Blade is also great, although it did have some jarring flaws in my opinion. Nothing the sheer beauty of that game doesn't make you forget about after a few hours with it, though.  

I see a lot of people have mentioned Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, but if you're interested at all you should rather pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy. The first two games holds up excellently and still look great. I never played them on the Gamecube but was pleasantly surprised by the series. I've never played anything like them, they have a very distinct feel to them that differs from other first person shooters (the lock on targetting has a lot to with it). You get so immersed in that world and feel fucking high tech and bad ass all the time, it's a great experience.  

Rabbids Go Home managed to become one of my favorite Wii games last year also. Just mindless crazy collect-a-thon fun. You'd think just running around collecting shit would get old but they manage to change things up and introduce new playstyles often enough that it keeps your interest up. I'm looking forward to the sequel.  

And last but not least (actually, yeah - kind of least) I want to mention Geometry Wars: Galaxies. It's kind of weird that it's on a disc, feels like a downloadable title, but it's got to be really cheap by now and if you like Geometry Wars or just dual stick shooters in general - this is your game. It builds on Geometry Wars and introduces a shit load of levels and lets you upgrade your "ship". I've had a lot of fun with my copy at least. 
#20 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@FakePlasticTree said:
" Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.  "
That about sums it up...
#21 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Bro, I am an expert on Wii games,  Hit me a PM if you need any suggestions.

#22 Posted by fatalmephisto (9 posts) -

I recommend Opoona, the game is a cute game but a pretty damn good deep JRPG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.