What do you think about the Wii's lack of a profile system ?

#1 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

I am curious to know what other people here think about the fact that the Wii does not have a profile system. The Xbox 360 and PS3 have them, why didn't Nintendo implement this before shiping out the Wii (or as a system update). 

I personally like how the Xbox360 or PS3 use user profiles to seperate saved games and setting options. You just have to switch the profile if you are not the main user of the system and then you get access to your saves, and know that other people won't be deleting or changing your stuff.  

Let me know how you like or dislike the lack of profile system on the Wii...
#2 Posted by FreakAche (2938 posts) -

It doesn't need a profile system, because it doesn't have any meaningful online functionality.

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@FreakAche said:
" It doesn't need a profile system, because it doesn't have any meaningful online functionality. "
I would have to agree. Nintendo doesn't really need one until they embrace online gaming.
#4 Posted by Lev (109 posts) -

Even without online gaming it seems practical in the sense that CharleyTony mentioned: personalized gave saves, settings, etc.

But god would that be dreadful to have to constantly see a fugly Mii anytime the system goes on.

I do agree though that the Wii needs better online functionality (if you can even say they have it at all now). Of course, the Wii also needs to output a modern resolution, actually, the Wii needs to do a lot it doesn't do now so I'll stop there.

I guess it's just simpler that way especially seeing as it's really only aimed at casual gamers anyhow.

#5 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@CharleyTony:  
It doesn't bother me because this way I if I play with a friend, we just have to connect our controllers, and not worry about profiles. Also, all of our game saves will be on one machine. 
And mostly because the games themselves create their own save profiles, or attach saves to Miis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.