Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

what do you think about this year's E3 coming up?

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By halberdierv2

after the disaster of last year, i don't know if to expect much of anything good from Nintendo anymore (animal crossing is NOT hardcore!)... do you guys hold any hope?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheFreeMan

I think it might go the same as last year. Crummy E3, and then another event where we get a bunch of promising games revealed.

With that being said....give me F-Zero Nintendo.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

This year's E3 is reportedly going to be a throwback to the old, super-crazy ones, and with all of the rampant rumors that have been floating around regarding Sony and the PSP, plus all of the games that have been announced (this year's Fall lineup is looking damn good, look into it and see for yourself) I'm hoping that something memorable will come out of this.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By halberdierv2
    Jayge said:
    "This year's E3 is reportedly going to be a throwback to the old, super-crazy ones, and with all of the rampant rumors that have been floating around regarding Sony and the PSP, plus all of the games that have been announced (this year's Fall lineup is looking damn good, look into it and see for yourself) I'm hoping that something memorable will come out of this."
    well, lets hope so... i would mind seeing a new star fox or Fzero...
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Last year was no disaster for those who actually looked @ the games instead of the conferences, which is what matters anyway. There were tons of great Wii games, people just ignored them to dwell @ the insignificant conferences which are aimed at investors and the retail partners.

I think Nintendo will make a similarly casual oriented speech, but the actual games will be as diverse as last year which, contrary to popular belief, was a good year with many great titles on the showfloor. If you look @ my first blog here (though I have deleted the images from my server since) you will see there were many great games shown, including MadWorld. I wouldn't mind a video like the Nintendo Media Summit though.

I don't expect any new Nintendo games, aside from Treasure's Sin & Punishment 2, Endless Ocean 2, maybe Pikmin 3, all of which are must buy.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vivek

E3 was great for the press last year, it was never easier to talk to journalist and allow them to play the games and get real feedback. Unfortunatly I wont be working at E3 this year, (EA cant afford to ship me over to LA), plus they are back to the hectic, messy layout. And I dont have a big pair of boobs or sexy legs. Guess ill be in the UK office working on press stuff boooo.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

I expect one huge game will be unveiled by Nintendo, one that we had no idea was in production, I'm not talking Mario, Zelda or Pikmin, but instead something new, from the Tokyo team that made SMG.

Icarus and Pikmin 3 should be shown.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ThomasP

Hopefully, Nintendo will pull their heads out of their ass and announce games during their press conference this year; not during interviews following their conference. Wario Land: Shake It! and Pikmin 3 should have been at least mentioned last year. If Nintendo wants to get their "casual" audience to play some more challenging games, then these games NEED to be announced at their big media showcasing.

Al3xand3r said:

"There were tons of great Wii games, people just ignored them to dwell @ the insignificant conferences which are aimed at investors and the retail partners."

I agree, there were many good games to come out of E3, but don't forget that many different fans of gaming love to watch the conferences. All console companies should be aiming their conferences at the consumers, as well as the investors and partners. Sony and Microsoft devoted ample time to both, the "hardcore" and "casual" consumer. Nintendo did not. They left their "hardcore" audience disappointed and their "casual" audience unaware of many great games coming to the DS and Wii.

My point is these conferences are not insignificant in the least bit, I guarentee you Nintendo will have some announcements to please their "hardcore" audience this year, and trust me, they'll be watching closely.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Hmmm E3 sucks now it hasn't been good since like 2002.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac

They will announce that melting down a Wii and freebasing it will cure cancer.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolverine
    Halberdierv2 said:
    "after the disaster of last year, i don't know if to expect much of anything good from Nintendo anymore (animal crossing is NOT hardcore!)... do you guys hold any hope?"
    I enjoyed the Microsoft Press Conference last year. Hopefully this year we get some other new cool features for the system.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Diamond

I hope E3 this year is awesome for everyone, and I hope no one breathes a word of the next generation of consoles (the true next gen, not current gen next gen).  I bet it'll be a better E3 than the last few years, but I don't know if it'll be truly great.

RIP_Icewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RIP_Icewood
    I cant believe some of you believe Nintendo had a good conference last year. Are you high!? They had the worst conference and announced some of the worst games in recent E3 history. Ima leave before I start a flame war....

I do hope that Nintendo announces some surprise game that will get me pumped up for when I get my Wii. Elaborating and announcing some good DSi-ware games would be nice too.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't know if you read a different thread but nobody here said their CONFERENCE was good, just that the SHOW was good overall because there were many good Wii games shown, including MadWorld and De Blob among others. E3 isn't just about the keynote speeches you know. And they did make it up with the Nintendo Media Summit later on anyway.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By ArcBorealis

I'm not expecting any big megaton from Nintendo themselves, as I learned my lesson from last year (to be honest, I kinda jumped on a bandwagon with people making predictions prior to the show). I actually don't think any of Nintendo's big high profile games like Zelda, being an obvious one, will be shown. Pikmin 3 might be be shown there, and probably some other games, but not a whole lot. They can't make everything themselves.

So, just a couple games from Nintendo to take notice, while the rest is thrid party, which has been improving, not to mention there are other games still on the way. Muramasa, Rune Factory Frontier, quite a few others.

Just hoping for the best.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By halberdierv2
    Wolverine said:
    "I enjoyed the Microsoft Press Conference last year. Hopefully this year we get some other new cool features for the system."
    well, disaster i was referring specifically to nintendo. I enjoyed sony and microsoft's.
    RIP_Icewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RIP_Icewood
    Al3xand3r said:
    "I don't know if you read a different thread but nobody here said their CONFERENCE was good, just that the SHOW was good overall because there were many good Wii games shown, including MadWorld and De Blob among others. E3 isn't just about the keynote speeches you know. And they did make it up with the Nintendo Media Summit later on anyway."
    The games they showed period(and during their CONFERENCE) were horrible sir...I read the thread and I stand corrected. I dont get why u people get so worked up on these forums. Chiiiilllllllll.....
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

So de blob, madworld, tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world, little king's story, deadly creatures, chocobo's dungeon, wario land: shake it, cod:waw, the conduit, and a bunch of others were bad showcases for the Wii's last E3, kay.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By AgentJ
    Al3xand3r said:
    "So de blob, madworld, tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world, little king's story, deadly creatures, chocobo's dungeon, wario land: shake it, cod:waw, the conduit, and a bunch of others were bad showcases for the Wii's last E3, kay."
    I wouldn't use Tales of spinoffs as an example of how good the show was, but your point is taken.
    Like he said though, the press conference was a disaster.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Claude

I really don't care... I like it no matter what. I'm still an E3 fanboy.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Claude said:
    "I really don't care... I like it no matter what. I'm still an E3 fanboy."
    I like it too. I just want news.
    TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Who manages Nintendo's E3s? I need to find that guy...

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#23  Edited By Vinchenzo

As long as the turtle does not return.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince

Turtle?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By Arkthemaniac

E3 will be good this year. It may not be the earth-shattering pool of revelation that people have come to expect, but it'll be good, at least.

Think of it this way; Nintendo won't be showcasing Wii Music, and Cammie already said she's not gonna talk about being a mom. That's a golden show right there.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26  Edited By Vinchenzo
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Turtle?"
    Found a picture.

No Caption Provided

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By halberdierv2
    Al3xand3r said:
    "So de blob, madworld, tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world, little king's story, deadly creatures, chocobo's dungeon, wario land: shake it, cod:waw, the conduit, and a bunch of others were bad showcases for the Wii's last E3, kay."
    i was referring to the press conference where the main focus was on wii music and animal crossing.
    halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By halberdierv2
    Vinchenzo said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Turtle?"
    Found a picture.

No Caption Provided
    "
    turtle? thi
    is a turtle. she lacks any epicness to be mentioned in the same sentence as a turtle.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Al3xand3r
    AgentJ said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    I wouldn't use Tales of spinoffs as an example of how good the show was, but your point is taken.
    Like he said though, the press conference was a disaster.
    "
    I was responding to the guy above me who said everything was shite, not just the conference. It should have been clear. I responded to the OT with my first comment.

Halberdierv2
    said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    i was referring to the press conference where the main focus was on wii music and animal crossing."
    I was responding to the guy above me who said everything was shite, not just the conference. It should have been clear. I responded to you with my first comment.

Why was this revived again? Just to have some tits shown? What the hell Godwind?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BiggerBomb

When is E3? I forgot.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mushir

The press conference last year was horrendous. I'm not expecting anything this year. That way I won't be disappointed.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Djeffers03

i think we will see a bit more of bioshock, lots of shitty nintendo stuff, microsoft keeping things on the low and a bigger sony push

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By halberdierv2

well, there's always VCON (and MM9)...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.