Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

What Good Games are Coming to the Wii?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Are there any?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Willy105

I'm surprised you don't know considering all the annoying lists being posted around the web.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I'd post a list, but I know you'd say something along the lines of:

i said good games lulz, not this crap
    Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Mad World and Conduit are what I'm really looking forward to, though there are other games that I want.

Actually, there are more games that I want for Wii than any other system.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tokyochicken

Madworld will come eventually that game looks pretty nice...oh and All the stuff above me also lol

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

thanks^ some of those I can't say I care for, but it should do.
    haven't been following the wii super closely because there hasn't been much in the past to look out for

monster hunter looks rather neat

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

A couple of them are already released in some regions.There are many more though, these are just the high profile titles. I didn't list most of the JRPGs because we don't (or I don't) have western dates.

There also are several promising WiiWare titles, like Last Flight, Bubble Bobble, Swords & Soldiers, Evasive Space, and others.

The last video in the list looks a little dull but it's just some combat examples from TGS, I imagine most people know the franchise and believe it will be grand. If not, it's Harvest Moon, with some more traditional and actiony JRPG mechanics, like the dungeons & actual - seemignly Tales-esque - combat.

Seeing your last blog (and wondering if you'll now change that little joke), the Wii does have some of those big names that are worth waiting for even though they aren't coming soon. You mention Final Fantasy for the other systems there, but the Wii gets Dragon Quest X, Crystal Bearers and the next Tales of sequel. Monster Hunter 3 will be just as big, but mostly in Japan. Then there's No More Heroes 2 but that was sadly (or gladly, the more months in development, the better) confirmed for 2010 (so why does it get so much mention as a 2009 title on various media?). Well, that's all I have off the top of my head, maybe others will fill in.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red
    LOL YOU INSULTED NIN10DO! IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVEN THO GR8 GAMES LIKE DEDLY CRETURES, OVERKILL, MAD WORLD, THE CONDUIT AND SIN AND PUNISHMENT R COMING IT DON'T MATTER BECAUSE NIN10DO SUX!

Look Smug--you're just starved for attention. You have it. You have everyone on these forums wanting you to stop posting such nonsensical and biased topics. Just do us all a favor: stop it. You're just really making yourself look stupider and stupider.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Meh. He was pretty civil in here. I was as weary as you initially, but figured I'd post the games for other users that happen to see the thread, even if he doesn't really care. I was surprised with the civil reply. There's no need to get so worked up, there are far worse comments/threads.

RyanJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RyanJW

Er, you got some history with him or something Red? Seems like a pretty fair thread from SmugDarkLoser to me — it's not like the Wii hasn't had a pretty awful record of games, which saddens me as an early adopter of the system but is undeniable.

Asking if there are actually any decent Wii games coming out is totally fine, and I've found this thread useful too.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's more a case of Smug having a history on this forum. This thread is fine, I think Red is jumping the gun, but given the past is perfectly understandable.

I got HoTD: Overkill yesterday, it's awesome fun.

From the above videos I want:

MH3
    Muramasa
    MadWorld
    Sin 2
    Little King Story
    PunchOut Wii

I will wait and see on all the rest.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Marzy

I've seen quite a few Wii games I'm really interested in that are coming out this year. I recently got Deadly Creatures the other day and It's one of the best experiences I've had on my Wii. It's a shame about the length of the game, which I found was the most disappointing aspect of it. If you can get it for a good price, I would definitely recommend it.

Some other games I'm interested in getting:

Madworld
    The House of the Dead: Overkill
    Punch Out
    Monster Hunter 3

I may get Sonic and the Black Knight, but I'll wait and see how it turns out.

mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By mussbus999

Not really...

Madworld
    The Conduit
    Punch Out

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By Icemael

MadWorld 

The Conduit 
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    House of the Dead: Overkill 
    Project Zero IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
    Monster Hunter 3
    Unnamed Tales game

So yes, there are good games coming out for the Wii.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb

MadWorld. That is all that's interesting me, as of now.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Meh. He was pretty civil in here. I was as weary as you initially, but figured I'd post the games for other users that happen to see the thread, even if he doesn't really care. I was surprised with the civil reply. There's no need to get so worked up, there are far worse comments/threads.
    "

You do understand that I actually do own what I say I do?  I own a Wii, a Ps3, a 360, and a mostly capable pc.
    I just prefer the 360 as in my opinion it's had by far the most games in comparison.

The Ps3 is pretty good as well, but I feel as though it's sort of the xbox last gen-- riding on multiplats with some good exclusives.

The wii has just disappointed me as there's really only been a couple of games I've liked and nothing that really impressed me.  That doesn't mean I don't like wii games, I just don't like most of the games that are wii games.   Just played through HOTD, pretty fun. Not sure if it's necessarily a buy (for $50), but a fun rent.  Some games for the wii actually look good though- the life sim/action jrpg (always mess up name), monster hunter, and that other jrpg. To tell you the truth, as the thread implies, I don't follow wii games so closely.
          And the reason why I always say that I hope X game comes to the 360/PS3 instead of the wii is because really, I like great looking graphics and a more epic scope that are made possible on those consoles.  Yea, I wpuld rather have kingdom hearts 3 on the 360 and ps3, but I wouldn't mind a wii kingdom hearts.  Personally, when it comes to this series, I'm really hoping for a proper Kingdom Hearts on the Ps3 and 360 and then another game on the wii that explores another thing, much like chain of memories on the ps3...only to proper quality.
    -----> And I always prefer a game being multiplatform than exclusive.  Why obviously if it were to affect the quality I'd say know (reason why I'm not too fond of wii/ps3/360 games) but I'm definately happy things like Final Fantasy 13, Dead Rising 2, etc. are all multiplatform.  Because at the end of the day, are you truly a (inset console here) fan or a (insert game(s)) here fan?  Obviously the latter. Not to say I'd want all games to be multiplatform, I see the value exclusives have in the industry, but why shouldn't the person with only a 360 be able to experience the epicness that Final Fantasy 13 will be? 

Eww... those sentences felt choppy writing, sorry for grammatical/spelling errors.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

Another surprisingly good reply :)

The WIi pretty much demands exclusivity to ensure a better product, not because Wii gamers are fanboys. You've seen how ports turn out on it usually, it's the joke of many a thread around here. So, in that sense, it's certainly great to see the Wii get all these exclusives that the other systems don't. After all, there's probably a larger share of games that the PS360 gets and WIi doesn't, but people with a Wii don't constantly go "it should be on the Wii" or anything, though perhaps a side-story or spin-off is asked for the likes of RE5, but that's expected with the popularity of 4, and makes sense.

Besides, if you make a Wii game then you're pretty much demanded a complete remake in terms of graphics and controls to put it on PS360, so developers just don't do that. They're better off making a new PS360 game instead.

The same applies on the Wii if a PS360 game is to be as good on it, you can't just reduce the visual quality with automatic processes (texture resolution, polycounts, numbers of objects etc) and have it look good, the art has to be created from scratch with the new limitations in mind. If you don't do that, then you have Dead Rising.

So, for the above, to me it's great that the PS360 get their own games and the Wii its own. What the developers of Overlord are doing is the ideal situation as they seem to put an equal effort on the PS360 and the Wii games. Same setting, same style, different games, different engines, different assets. Of course, it's not released yet, but it's promising.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Demyx

To be honest, I'm with dark smug, and that kills me inside :P
    I can't afford to buy too many games, so I really don't wnat to take chances on games. Plus, I don't like the wiimote controls.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't see how that puts you with dark smug but k, whatever floats your boat if you just buy a game based on what system it's on, rather than reading about it and trying to judge how good it is, perhaps even trying it out (though, I understand that's tougher on Wii with the lack of demos, but surely there are stores with displays of it around many people's areas, or friends you can try it at. As for the controls, well, just practice, it shouldn't take long. Wiimote controls can be bad just as gamepad controls can be bad, so, just try them on the good games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.