What'd be the main Nintendo holiday title for the Wii this year?

#1 Posted by Akel (147 posts) -

First year was Zelda. Second year was Mario Galaxy. Third year was--er---nothing really (They brought out the big guns early with Brawl and Kart so...Animal Crossing...I guess? *shrugs* It sold well.)  Fourth year was New Super Mario Bros. And now....this year.
Unless I'm missing something, so far the contenders seem to be:
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Nothing seems to stand out. Both are returning and smaller franchises. Is this it? Do you think there's something more? Do you think they've got their hopes on one of them to sell pretty well? Or do you think they're just putting some less popular stuff out to give breathing room for 3rd parties (Epic Mickey/Goldeneye) by pushing Zelda up a year?

#2 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Rumor has it that Nintendo just doesn't know at this moment whether or not the 3DS will see a holiday 2010 release or not.

I am guessing that is why the focus on the summer right now.

With the christmas release of Wii Party they will swim in money either way. 

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

From first party it will be Wii Party.  From third party, I hope it's Epic Mickey, but it will most likely be some dumb mini-game collection.

I really hope DKC Returns and Kirby's EY does good for them this holiday.

#4 Posted by MotherBrain (40 posts) -

DKC Returns, Kirby's EY and Wii Party. Metroid: Other M will probably get pushed back to the holiday season, as well. No idea what will be released from third parties.

#5 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Probably DKCR 

There's a pretty big legacy behind it. 

But beyond that, I think Nintendo is looking for Goldeneye and Epic Mickey to be big sellers for the system.  Hence why they showcased them during their event at E3, especially Epic Mickey.

#6 Posted by VoshiNova (1594 posts) -
@KingBroly said:
" Probably DKCR  There's a pretty big legacy behind it.  But beyond that, I think Nintendo is looking for Goldeneye and Epic Mickey to be big sellers for the system.  Hence why they showcased them during their event at E3, especially Epic Mickey. "
Indeed.
#7 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

donkey kong is back!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.