Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

When will Nintendo make the Pokemon game everyone wants?

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

There have been made dozens of Pokemon game. But 1 that hasn't been made is like an free-roaming game. Where you start of with making your own trainer. Choose your starting Pokemon. And then there is like this giant world where everyone who has the game is in. So you can see other Pokemon trainers walking around with their Pokemons. You can have random matches with other people. It'll use the Wii-Speak for voice chat. Also what would be kinda cool is to actually talk to your Pokemon via the Wii-Speak and tell them what attack to do. Although this method should be optional and the traditional way should be in place.

What do you guys think? I mean this could be a great game!
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

They will make one that everybody wants when the one's that nobody wants stop selling. And that won't happen for a while...

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

They need to make a traditional Pokemon game for the Wii.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HazBazz

I have to ask, is Pokemon still popular in America? Because its still selling, yet nobody in England gives a flying shit about it. Who's buying it?

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mushir
    HazBazz said:
    "I have to ask, is Pokemon still popular in America? Because its still selling, yet nobody in England gives a flying shit about it. Who's buying it?"
    The kids who love the series. Seriously the series used to be good then they filled it with hundred more Pokemon which kinda ruined it. Ill liked the old days with Squirdle, Bulbasur and Charmandar. :P
    Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Vlademir
    Twilight said:
    "HazBazz said:
    "I have to ask, is Pokemon still popular in America? Because its still selling, yet nobody in England gives a flying shit about it. Who's buying it?"
    The kids who love the series. Seriously the series used to be good then they filled it with hundred more Pokemon which kinda ruined it. Ill liked the old days with Squirdle, Bulbasur and Charmandar. :P"
    Yeah, the new Pokemon look like robots.

Seriously, wtf is this thing!

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've always wanted a Pokémon game that allowed for you to travel to every region. One type of the game, not two versions, and it would be epic.

Every Pokémon and region. Tons of badges and Elite Fours.

Online capabilities, secret bases for CTF (but bigger) -  able to get little clans and play big games of CTF.

Able to call NPC's again to see if they want to battle.

EDIT: Also, better starter choices, like you can pick a region to start in, then choose starters from there.

No special events for some uber special Pokémon, have them all included.

I always thought a Pokémon MMO would be really successful.... I think this as a DS or Wii game would already be awesome, the ultimate Pokémon game.....

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Vlademir said:
    "Twilight said:
    "HazBazz said:
    The kids who love the series. Seriously the series used to be good then they filled it with hundred more Pokemon which kinda ruined it. Ill liked the old days with Squirdle, Bulbasur and Charmandar. :P"

"
    thats Phallicmon 
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombieHunter said:
    "Vlademir said:
    "Twilight said:
    "HazBazz said:

"
    thats Phallicmon "
    Looks like something the Power Rangers should be fighting....
    sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By sterbacblu

Nintendo is the last developer that will do something for their fans.  Right now their focus is on cheap development and quick profit.  While other developers/publishers will crank out mass market appeal titles and use some of those profits to make games for, well, us, Nintendo chooses not to do that.  Can you imagine a Pokemon MMO?  It would have the potential to be huge around the world, but it will never happen because Nintendo is so out of touch it's scary.

tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By tovan

Almost everyone dreams of a Pokemon MMO, and also know it would sell millions if ever made. But Nintendo is too afraid "for the kids" to take the step into MMO market.

MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well of course they are. I'm not saying they'll do it, just saying that it would be pretty cool. Though, it would be full of eight year olds too.... There would be too many little kids on it... but the other ideas I had w/o the idea of MMO, would work for a Wii or DS title.... To make one huge Pokémon game....

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Dalai

They could do that or just stick with the formula that makes them lots of yen.

The funniest image of the month courtesy of Kotaku.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Dalai said:
    "They could do that or just stick with the formula that makes them lots of yen.

"
    ... That was awesome.
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AndrewGaspar said:
    "Dalai said:
    "They could do that or just stick with the formula that makes them lots of yen.

"
    ... That was awesome."
    I have to agree....
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By Black_Rose

I stopped caring about Pokemon after the third season/game. They just went overboard with the amount of Pokemon and i lost track of how many there are

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Earthbounder

I still like the Pokemon series a lot, but I have to agree that some of the creatures from the last two generations are just awfully designed. Still I played Diamond for long hours and it was the best Pokemon game since the Gold and Silver versions. Unfortunately I don`t think we will ever see a Pokemon game like you mentioned.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By ArcBorealis

Gamefreak, the developers behind the pokemon games, say that the series is best left on the handhelds. They've already stated that, so, no luck.
    Besides, I've lost interest in pokemon ever since Ruby/Saphire.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lemegeton

Having seen Nintendos reluctance to change the pokemon formula over the past 10 years or so i dont ever see them doing it properly. A proper online Pokemon game like you describe would be a massive game, but instead they keep churning out the same basic rpg game on the handheld , and any console game is more of a companion , which you need the handheld to fully enjoy. I had high hopes with the gamecube games, as they were more fully realized games, but we are back to the stadium garbage with the Wii.
    For fuck sake nintendo just take the rpg formula from the handhelds, do it on a console with a larger scale and have proper online play and you will make money than you ever could with your current strategy

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By senrat

I agree i havent played a pokemon game in quite a while. I have pokemon blue, pokemon red, pokemon yellow, pokemon silver, pokemon gold, pokemon ruby, pokemon saphire and both pokemon stadium games for the n64. I used to be a pokefreak.

Avatar image for ice_cold_rayman
    Ice_Cold_Rayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ice_Cold_Rayman

Doubt it will ever happen. Which is a shame, it would be great if done right.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Riddler

never

Grady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By Grady

If only.  I really wish they would do that.  Or at least make a customizable character.  Maybe have the underground be an MMO?  That could actually be good.  Have the regular adventure mode above ground and then underground has the MMO/CTF clan battles that people would like.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SSbabel
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "They need to make a traditional Pokemon game for the Wii."
    So true, it needs to be styled like oblivion but third person.
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#25  Edited By tearhead

Sigh... I dunno. I  use to be a BIG Pokemon fan, but now i have refused to buy another Pokemon game until they stop recycling the same mechanics. Boy/Girl in small town, wake up, see prof. Oak/Birch or who the fuck ever, pick one pokemon, OH look! Your rival picked the opposite type, that sly dog. Go beat gyms to get badges to fight the Indego Plateau/wtf ever while stoping Team Whatever from doing bad things. Or dammit, at least make 3d models of the pokemon and make them animate more than just wiggle, make them actually shout their name, make them move well, like the Pokemon Stadium series, you have the technology. I'm just bored and tired of that and the series needs something new and fresh like an MMO like someone earlier mentioned, I would be so hyped for that. But until Pokemon revises the series in a new and really interesting way, I'm done.

Luchadeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Luchadeer

Screw pokemon, they should have stopped at silver... but yeah since the tried and true formula keeps selling well, they will never reinvent the wheel.

Also, I refuse to stop buying pokemon games, even though i have not beaten pearl yet...

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#27  Edited By tearhead
    Luchadeer said:
    "Screw pokemon, they should have stopped at silver... but yeah since the tried and true formula keeps selling well, they will never reinvent the wheel.

Also, I refuse to stop buying pokemon games, even though i have not beaten pearl yet..."
    pfft. I stopped buying pokemon games from Ruby/Sapphire.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By BoG

Why won't they? Because they are Nintendo, and they are still skeptical about online play. They have MMO gold with pokemon and animal crossing, yet they hesitate.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mushir
    BoG said:
    "Why won't they? Because they are Nintendo, and they are still skeptical about online play. They have MMO gold with pokemon and animal crossing, yet they hesitate."
    Yea if they made a Pokemon MMO it would sell as fast as Wii's. I mean seriously they have an awesome thing infront of them just waiting to be made but they are just too scared.
    PokemonCraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PokemonCraft

i dont think that nintendo ever gonna make the game you want

but there are good games already out there

you can try online pokemon game PokemonCraft

it's pokedex is awesome you must see it :)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Hizang

Never, making a 3D Pokemon adventure for a console would just be a huge project, and it seems like a really hard game to make.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.