Which music game for Wii?

#1 Posted by MsbS (12 posts) -

I must admit I've never played Guitar Hero or Rock Bank (yeah, I'm probably the last gamer on the planet to miss these). I've GREATLY enjoyed some music games though (Amplitude for PS2, the music games in Raving Rabbids, Rhythm Heaven, etc.).  

Anyways, I thought of getting one of the GH or RB games. Which one is the best out there for Wii? Which guitar should I get for maximum compatibility (in case I decide to get some other music games)?

Oh, and BTW: Hello everyone :-)

#2 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

#3 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -

Welcome to the forums. 

I've only played RB on the Wii, and it was mostly solid. Neither game is best on the Wii.

#4 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -
@MsbS: Welcom to Giantbomb, and prepare for intense Wii hate.
#5 Posted by MsbS (12 posts) -

Most of my gaming is DS now, but I spent hundreds of hours on my Wii as well. Mostly social gaming when our friends came over (wii is great for pairing with wine, it seems). It was never really about competition, beating high scores or anything - but just sheer fun.

#6 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

I would get a used copy somewhere along the lines and see if you can get an entire band kit, even if you buy it at individual rates..
#7 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

Harmonix continues to make the best music games that emulate the full band experience.  My suggestion would be to go with Rock Band.  It's unfortunate, but Guitar Hero has really lost its way under Neversoft.

#8 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Don't the Wii versions of the games have really stripped down music stores? If that's the case I'm not even sure if the games would be worthwhile. I could be wrong though, so don't take my word for it.

#9 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

In Wii Music you can dress up as a dog and make dog noises!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.