Which Wii game do you think will sell the most for this holiday season?

#1 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
#2 Posted by mau64 (539 posts) -

I think Epic Mickey will take it. The name alone carries that game quite a bit.

#3 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I hope Epic Yarn. I think it "deserves it" more than the other choices. I don't really know why I feel like one games deserves to be more successful though. Kinda weird. 

#4 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

The one that has the lowest common denominator.

#5 Posted by ScoopsTherobot (32 posts) -

In all honesty it'll probably be wii party.
#6 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

Wii Party.

#7 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Epic Mickey or Kirby.

#8 Posted by Dalai (7034 posts) -

I always root for Metroid to sell huge, but it's not even a contest. Wii Party will destroy the others in sales.

#9 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

I chose Goldeneye, even though it doesn't stand a chance.

#10 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Wii Party. "
#11 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Wii Sports Resort.

#12 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Wii Party will sell considerably more than all the others combined. 

Heck, I want to play Wii Party. It looks like a true spiritual successor to the good Mario Party games, and those were outragously entertaining.

However, Nintendo seems to really push Donkey Kong Country Returns, and from what I have seen from this game at GamesCom, it might just end up being the highest rated title from that list. It's certainly the one I want to play the most.

#13 Posted by Redbullet685 (6047 posts) -

Wii Party, though I chose Goldeneye.

#14 Posted by Dalai (7034 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" Wii Party will sell considerably more than all the others combined. 

Heck, I want to play Wii Party. It looks like a true spiritual successor to the good Mario Party games, and those were outragously entertaining.  However, Nintendo seems to really push Donkey Kong Country Returns, and from what I have seen from this game at GamesCom, it might just end up being the highest rated title from that list. It's certainly the one I want to play the most. "
I'm actually looking forward to Wii Party despite not caring at all about the Mario Party games. As for Donkey Kong Country Returns, it's got the brand name, universal appeal, and Retro making the damn thing. There's no doubt in my mind that DKCR is gonna be awesome.
#15 Posted by paradox121 (317 posts) -

Wii Party. The name screams 'Buy me for your son/daughter that you know has a Wii but you're not overly sure what game to get them' or 'Buy me for your mum/dad that you know has a Wii but would never play anything thats not a mini game collection'.
In its defence it doesnt seem totally lowest common denominator.

#16 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" @Meowayne said:

Heck, I want to play Wii Party. It looks like a true spiritual successor to the good Mario Party games, and those were outragously entertaining.  However, Nintendo seems to really push Donkey Kong Country Returns, and from what I have seen from this game at GamesCom, it might just end up being the highest rated title from that list. It's certainly the one I want to play the most. "
I'm actually looking forward to Wii Party despite not caring at all about the Mario Party games. As for Donkey Kong Country Returns, it's got the brand name, universal appeal, and Retro making the damn thing. There's no doubt in my mind that DKCR is gonna be awesome. "
That is because the Wii series has been fun.
#17 Posted by Vinny_Says (5714 posts) -

wii party has the word party in it and everybody likes to partay

#18 Posted by Hailinel (24973 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" @Meowayne said:

I'm actually looking forward to Wii Party despite not caring at all about the Mario Party games. As for Donkey Kong Country Returns, it's got the brand name, universal appeal, and Retro making the damn thing. There's no doubt in my mind that DKCR is gonna be awesome. "
At the very least, it's been long enough since Mario Party 8 that the development team behind Wii Party might have had a chance to come up with some fresh ideas.  Not a guarantee that it won't feel like a tired clone of Mario Party, but the extra time off could work in the game's favor.
#19 Posted by FizzleNizzleBear (335 posts) -

I bet wii party will, with the exceptions of wii music all the wii something games have sold extremely well

#20 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -

lol. This poll might as well have had but one option.

#21 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm going with DKC, all the way. Man, there's a lot of big games coming to the Wii this year. I figured most of these were coming out next year.

#22 Posted by MovieFlask (28 posts) -

Wii Party (although I accidentally chose Sonic) 

DKCR and Mickey are close ties for 2nd.
#23 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

It's unfortunate, but i think Wii Party.

#24 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Epic Mickey and Wii Party.

#25 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I don't think it is fair to have Wii Party on that list...

#26 Posted by Gugi9000 (69 posts) -

Call of Duty

#27 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I sorta agree.  I'd like to be wrong, but...a party game...on the Wii...from Nintendo.  They've already dumped the truck of money on their doorstep.  If it weren't for that, I'd say Donkey Kong Country Returns because there's A LOT of nostalgia for Donkey Kong Country.

#28 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Wii Party, maybe Epic Mickey. I wish it would be Metroid: Other M though.

#29 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

I picked other, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on New Super Mario Bros Wii still outselling all of those games around the holiday season.

#30 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

I'm stuck between Epic Mickey and Wii Party!

#31 Posted by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

Fans would like the answer to be anything but Wii Party. 

Mom's and Grandma's picking out a game for little Johnny and baby Jesse... will buy them Wii Party.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.