Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Which Wii games have you imported? Was it worth it?

nmarchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nmarchan

Pretty self explanatory topic, I guess.  It's pretty easy to make your Wii import-friendly, and we all have times where we don't want to wait for an official release for a certain game in our region (assuming it ever happens at all).   

For example, if you live in North America, there's no official release for things like Fatal Frame 4, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Tales of Graces,  or Another Code R (a sequel to Trace Memory from the DS).  Lost in Shadow is, for some odd reason, not coming out in NA until January, even though it's already out in Europe as A Shadow's Tale.   Not sure if I want to wait. 

As for me, I've imported Disaster: Day of Crisis and New Play Control! Pikmin 2 so far.  Haven't played NPC Pikmin 2 yet, but I'm kind of glad I picked up Disaster.  It's a solid game that uses the Wii controls well.  Combat is basically Time Crisis-style cover-based shooting with upgradeable/purchaseable weapons.  You'll spend a lot of time running through streets in various disaster areas rescuing people and escaping death by way of brief minigames/QTEs.  You'll also occasionally have a driving mission where you're escaping pursuers or trying to get somewhere by a certain time or outrunning something very very bad.   

Has anybody else taken the import plunge?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.