Why the hate?

#1 Edited by vidiots (85 posts) -

Once again Nintendo innovates where others just copy and stay same.

Seriously im so hyped for new wii u. It has a controller which i missed from wii since i dont like motion controls.

and zelda on wii u looked on par with alot of pc games and is better looking than all ps3 and 360 games i have seen.

#2 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

People have known about the Wii U for 2 and a half hours.

Where have you seen the hate?

#3 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

I won't be fooled twice!

I'm just skeptical how it will stack up against Sony and MIcrosoft's next consoles. If the Wii U was more powerful than current hardware, they would show that off. Considering they never showcased raw power, I feel like the system will look old and the games will feel dated by the time the other guys move to the next generation.

#4 Posted by vidiots (85 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

People have known about the Wii U for 2 and a half hours. Where have you seen the hate?

If you look at videos and comments

videos are rated low

and comments say it looks bad.

#5 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -
@vidiots said:

@imsh_pl said:

People have known about the Wii U for 2 and a half hours. Where have you seen the hate?

videos are rated low

What comments?

Let me guess youtube, gametrailers and gamespot comments?
#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -
@vidiots: are you talking about YouTube comments?   
if so, YouTube comments are probably the last place to go when it comes to meaningful opinions 
#7 Posted by vidiots (85 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

@vidiots said:

@imsh_pl said:

videos are rated low

What comments? Let me guess youtube, gametrailers and gamespot comments?

Gametrailers yes.

#8 Edited by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -
@vidiots said:

@imsh_pl said:

@vidiots said:

@imsh_pl said:

videos are rated low

What comments? Let me guess youtube, gametrailers and gamespot comments?

Gametrailers yes.

Gametrailers is propably the last place I'd go to if I wanted meaningful opinions.

But @AjayRaz was pretty close too.
#9 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

No hate over here, but the amount of peripherals that were shown in that 2 min video makes me die inside, plus it's called the Wii U.

#10 Posted by vidiots (85 posts) -

i will admit i did not under stand the system at all i thought it was just controller and no console but looks like there is one.

#11 Posted by manicraider (85 posts) -
@vidiots said:

Seriously im so hyped for new wii u. It has a controller which i missed from wii since i dont like motion controls.

and zelda on wii u looked on par with alot of pc games and is better looking than all ps3 and 360 games i have seen.

You do know the controller is wide with a screen in the middle and that it still does motion control, right?
#12 Posted by the_devoid (39 posts) -
@manicraider: You do realize this thread is two and a half months old, right?
#13 Posted by Yamoto (111 posts) -

I read the title as  
Why the hats? fuck..... would be much better 

#14 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -
#15 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -
@Jams said:

@vidiots said:

Oh, really?

Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brother 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2

Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2

Should I go on? I'd have to name all the Zelda iterations and all the remakes etc.

Yeah... Really innovative.

Wait, wasn't he talking about the system itself, not it's titles?
#16 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I do not hate it, I just think Nintendo have gone a little insane. They keep getting more and more wild with each new console/handheld, I think this time they might have made a mistake. All I want is a Nintendo console with a normal controller and the ability to play a 3D Mario platformer in HD with PS3 style graphics.

#17 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@antikorper said:

@Jams said:

@vidiots said:

Oh, really?

Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brother 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2

Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2

Should I go on? I'd have to name all the Zelda iterations and all the remakes etc.

Yeah... Really innovative.

Wait, wasn't he talking about the system itself, not it's titles?

well I read it as Nintendo the company innovates where other companies stay the same. Sure they make their consoles some what different, they definately don't innovate as much as you'd think.

#18 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

I don't hate Nintendo at all. 

But, like it or not, they haven't "innovated" since the N64. Maybe the Gamecube, but that's quite a stretch. Not to say that MS isn't guilty of no innovation, they sure don't seem to be producing any new properties. Sony didn't introduce many new first-party exclusives, but they did more so than anyone else.

Meanwhile Nintendo keeps making Ocarina of Time again and again and again and again, and no amount of crazy sauce added to the controllers will change that one 3D Zelda game is not much different than another until Nintendo actually does something different with the property. Same goes for Mario.

#19 Posted by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -
@EpicSteve: it is reported wii u is 50 percent more powerful then the ps3,    
  could be more in the final product it is still in the process of being made ,  
  this report was based off early dev kits and honestly you wont see much of a jump next gen for ps4 and 720  that is obserb to think we can go much further ,    
displaying more on screen is about all i think will increase for them ,   

the xbox 360 and ps3 can already handle photo realism , 
unless they use cameras and actors- which would make games movies and pointless as that is ,  
you wont see much differences between the jump from 720 ps4 -sony has already gone on record to say ps4 isnt going for power so i think that spells it out ,   
ms is competing with sony more then they are nintendo ,  

i think nintendo is in its own realm , they seam to have the innovation where as ms and sony, just are going to be minimal upgrades of current gen hardware and since 360 still wants 300 freakin dollars im afraid to see the prices of ps4 720 ,,   

they may be out of it before they even get started no body likes buying 600 -700 consoles if they cant even match pc specs,  
the jaguar was 400 dollars at that time that was expensive ps3 was 600 already , and look at what it did ,   

so if they want to succeed at all , they 'll go for cheap , 400 starter ,   just like the 360 ,  
if they want fail and be miserable pull a ps3-600 or more 

i guarantee you if ms is that stupid they will ,   or sony i would not put it past them ,  

look at psvita it is the same launch price 3ds-which is when 3ds was slow,   and psp -psp still slow ,  
so i dont think price will be in sonys favor this gen either,   

wii u looks like its going to be successful based on the facts its for everyone,  

lets look shall we  
its compatible with all wii accessories ,  --for the casual ,  
then has a remote that has casual play options and hardcore buttons and sticks ,    

its just the console wii should have been this gen ,   not saying wii was bad because it was awsome it could have had this wii u tablet ,  but i still say wii u , is the one to look forward to , nintendo has hardly ever made a mistake -i wouldnt consider n64 gc mistakes just bumps in the road,    

the vb is their only bad product   people thought 3ds was going to but suprise ,  its the 2nd selling product in the us alone and number one world wide,    
the 3ds came around,  and i told everyone it would ,  

nintendo may have had to cut the price but it still managed to do what the ds did ,  
and i think its already on track to out pace gba ,, the 2nd best selling handheld of all time psp is third,  ds is obviously first on the list,  
itll be shy of ds but i think all in all , this thing is not the vb people claimed it to be and i dont think wiiU will be the gamecube 2 ,  if anything i think it may exceed it,   
#20 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

To answer a question of a fellow Giantbomb comunity member:

I don't hate it, I just don't give a rat ass about it.

#21 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Not really surprising that the guy who types like an idiot and seems to have a single digit mental age is a Nintendo fan.

#22 Posted by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -
@Jams: um your forgetting wii titles -wii sports    , also super paper mario i believe was the first game to swap from 3d to 2d , ,  or vice versa , so id say nintendo innovates its games to  , mariokart 3ds is adding driving in water, come on now,  where else have you seen go karts drive under water or , fly in the air ,   
nintendo does a good job of innovating infact they invented all the genres you see mostly today . fps goes to pc other then that , nintendos been here for every thing else and made them popular ,   
sure atari was first but that only caused a crash!  

it was nintendo entertainment system that made video games realevent again , and nintendo being 20 years old or more is more capable then microsoft or sony when it comes to video games,  

the fact they dedicate their systems strictly to video games speaks for it self , 

the other 2 battle for multimedia functions face book functions etc etc etc ,,    when all their games are just graphical updates of last gen stuff, or ps3 with its port line,  seriously ,   

and your comparision would fit more better for microsoft see 

cause all they pumped out is 
halo halo 2 forza pgr pgr 2 ,  this gen , , hmm some rare titles that sucked --- pd0 disappointment banjo disappointment,   halo 3 gears-only top title they came out with since first halo ,   halo odst gears 2 forza 2 crackdown 1 and 2 halo reach , pgr 3 and 4 ,   fable 2 and 3 , seriously i can go on what does 360 have from microsoft this yr and next well hmm besides kenict trash  
more halo more gears more forza and yea people a remake of halo 1!  

ya thats innovation? if thats innovation id rather have atari back here,   
#23 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Fact: Justin Bieber likes the Wii.
Need i say more?

#24 Posted by Wes899 (2108 posts) -

@mariokart64fan said:

@Jams: um your forgetting wii titles -wii sports , also super paper mario i believe was the first game to swap from 3d to 2d , , or vice versa , so id say nintendo innovates its games to , mariokart 3ds is adding driving in water, come on now, where else have you seen go karts drive under water or , fly in the air , nintendo does a good job of innovating infact they invented all the genres you see mostly today . fps goes to pc other then that , nintendos been here for every thing else and made them popular , sure atari was first but that only caused a crash! it was nintendo entertainment system that made video games realevent again , and nintendo being 20 years old or more is more capable then microsoft or sony when it comes to video games, the fact they dedicate their systems strictly to video games speaks for it self , the other 2 battle for multimedia functions face book functions etc etc etc ,, when all their games are just graphical updates of last gen stuff, or ps3 with its port line, seriously , and your comparision would fit more better for microsoft see cause all they pumped out is halo halo 2 forza pgr pgr 2 , this gen , , hmm some rare titles that sucked --- pd0 disappointment banjo disappointment, halo 3 gears-only top title they came out with since first halo , halo odst gears 2 forza 2 crackdown 1 and 2 halo reach , pgr 3 and 4 , fable 2 and 3 , seriously i can go on what does 360 have from microsoft this yr and next well hmm besides kenict trash more halo more gears more forza and yea people a remake of halo 1! ya thats innovation? if thats innovation id rather have atari back here,

Nuts and Bolts was the best game in the entire series. Super Paper Mario was the worst game in the series.Nintendo hasn't innovated in any kind of meaningful way in years. People have been playing the same goddamn zelda game for years.

#25 Posted by OppressiveStink (356 posts) -

@mariokart64fan:

I write this to you staring at a Wii that's covered in dust, I write this to you as a hardcore gamer since 1983. Take it from a man who has thousands of actually purchased video games (you can see a picture of some of them on my profile) that the only innovation Nintendo has done is think up new and amazing ways to sell you shitty hardware peripherals.

From six iterations of the GameBoy advance to one-trick ponies like the eReader, Nintendo has a track record of bringing systems and accessories out and never supporting them again. You see, nintendo makes a majority of money on it's hardware, instead of it's software business, quite simply, because third parties can't afford to develop meaningful games on it. Take a look at No More Heroes, or Mad World, or hell, the best third party Wii title there is, Little King's Story(which, BTW is going to have a sequel on the Vita) and they all sold only a handful of units.

Don't get me started on Tatsunoko Vs Capcom's online, disconnects about. Ungh, the net interface is so sloppy.

#26 Posted by Daroki (710 posts) -
#27 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

Don't worry guys, there will be a new Mario Kart! People love those.

#28 Posted by The_Martian (48 posts) -

I'm not completely sold on the Wii U, but I'm excited to see what the finished product can do.

#29 Edited by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Fact: Justin Bieber likes the Wii. Need i say more?

but soulja boy likes the xbox. 
THEREFORE PS3 IS SUPERIOR--*remembers chadwarden* never mind. 

(pc master race though)
#30 Posted by ikwal (225 posts) -

To begin with, Nintendo is incapable of creating a good online experience, which is key for a modern console. Nintendo has also had problems with getting 3rd party support, and I see no indication that it will change. For those that doesn't care about Nintendos 1st party games, the only thing you get out of a Nintendo console these days are gimmicks, which some people like to call innovation. Also no, the Zelda tech demo looked nowhere near as good as a high end PC game, for example Battlefield 3 or The Witcher 2.

This is just some reasons why I'm pessimistic about the Wii U, but if you're exited for it, good for you.

#31 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Nintendo's a bit wayward lately, but they's still ace.

People just like to single out one of the three every so often, like the YLOD or ROD mess.
I'm not bothered, I spend my time playing games on all consoles I own.

#32 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4700 posts) -

@mariokart64fan said:

um your forgetting

Grammar.

#33 Posted by FacestabMan (75 posts) -

Interns seem to hate it, from what I've seen recently. Or laughing it up at least. Like Xenoblade Chronicles, if it's not released in North America, who cares, right? Wii has no games, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.