Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Wii 1st Party / Exclusives / Multiplat&ports / 09 Hypes. A List.

• 91 results
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Meowayne

Greetings. I felt like this is a good time to post this list I made. It's a list of Wii first party games, third party exclusives, multiplats&ports and hyped 2009 games that were received positively by either the media, the gamers, or by myself, having played more Wii games than most people here, from what I read.
    Every game on this list can be considered worthwhile and entertaining, though of course not every game is for everyone.
    This targets people who play the console and may be looking for more games as well as those funny lunatics who claim that there are no worthwhile games released on the system.

The Wii was released in Nov 06, making it 28 months young now.

Here follows the list, a commentary, and then flame wars.

UPDATE 04/15/09
    Updated the list with pictures. All pictures (hypes excepted) are gameplay pictures. No cutscenes, no promos, no artworks/renderings.

First Party Titles

Wii Sports
    Wii Sports

Animal Crossing: City Folk
    Animal Crossing: City Folk

Disaster: Day of Crisis
    Disaster: Day of Crisis

Excite Bots
    Excite Bots

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Mario Kart Wii
    Mario Kart Wii

Mario Strikers Charged
    Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario
    Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
    Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Wario Land: Shake It
    Wario Land: Shake It

Wii Fit
    Wii Fit

Third Party Titles

Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros Treasure
    Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros Treasure

Battallion Wars 2
    Battallion Wars 2

Bit.Trip Beat
    Bit.Trip Beat

Boom Blox
    Boom Blox

De Blob
    De Blob

Deadly Creatures
    Deadly Creatures

Geometry Wars Galaxies
    Geometry Wars Galaxies

Kororinpa
    Kororinpa

LostWinds
    LostWinds

MadWorld
    MadWorld

No More Heroes
    No More Heroes

House of the Dead: Overkill
    House of the Dead: Overkill

Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party
    Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party

Rune Factory: Frontier
    Rune Factory: Frontier

SSX Blur
    SSX Blur

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Tetris Party
    Tetris Party

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
    Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Multiplats & Ports

World of Goo
    World of Goo

Broken Sword: Director's Cut
    Broken Sword: Director's Cut

Bully: Scholarship Edition
    Bully: Scholarship Edition

Call of Duty: World at War
    Call of Duty: World at War

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
    DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Guitar Hero: World Tour
    Guitar Hero: World Tour

Klonoa
    Klonoa

No Caption Provided

Mario Power Tennis
    Mario Power Tennis

Manhunt 2
    Manhunt 2

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Need for Speed: Carbon
    Need for Speed: Carbon

Okami
    Okami

PES 09
    PES 09

Pikmin
    Pikmin

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
    Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Rock Band
    Rock Band

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
    Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

No Caption Provided

Hyped Upcoming Games

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

A Boy And His Blob
    A Boy And His Blob

Anno: Create A New World
    Anno: Create A New World

Another Code R
    Another Code R

Arc Rise Fantasia
    Arc Rise Fantasia

Boom Blox Bash Party
    Boom Blox Bash Party

Cosmic Walker
    Cosmic Walker

Cursed Mountain
    Cursed Mountain

Dead  Space: Extraction
    Dead Space: Extraction

EA Grand Slam Tennis
    EA Grand Slam Tennis

Endless Ocean 2
    Endless Ocean 2

Excitebots
    Excitebots

Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers
    Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers

Little King's Story
    Little King's Story

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Sin & Punishment 2
    Sin & Punishment 2

Monster Hunter 3
    Monster Hunter 3

No More Heroes 2
    No More Heroes 2

Swords & Soldiers
    Swords & Soldiers

The Conduit
    The Conduit

OboroMuramasa
    OboroMuramasa

Punch-Out!!
    Punch-Out!!

No Caption Provided

Things that I found interesting:

• The third-party-exclusives list is the longest. What's up with that?
    • No decent RPGs. Sad.
    • Many great games and regular game output..
    • ... but very, very few games who make proper use of the motion controls. Sad.
    • Approx. 2 games every month, 1 game if we don't count multiplats and ports. Great stuff.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Crystal Bearers, Arc Rise Fantasia, Dragon Quest X (you missed two of these) will be enough to make the change for JRPGs on the system.

Just thought it's worth noting it's not a complete list, especially in regards to WiiWare releases, plus we rarely know what comes ahead.

Also some missing recently unveiled stuff like the Silent Hill game. Unless you still think it will be bad, but hey, good list anyway, kudos.

Maybe you should have put some of those outsourced Nintendo games as first party, not third. Other than that, let the flaming commence.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

Where's Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All-Play and The Godfather: Blackhand Edition? Madden was good last year as well. Nice list.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Oh and it's not really fair to call PES 09 a port considering how different it is to the other versions, and how awesome it is. Same for the sports games above. And World of Goo, well, it's a console exclusive, people consider Mass Effect and many other games as Xbox 360 titles anyway.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Dalai

You can add Night Game and Explodemon! on the 2009 list and Bit.Trip Beat as an exclusive.  Those are the ones I'm hyping or have hyped.  Otherwise, nice work.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Oh, Night Game, yes! And Cave Story, duh. And Super Meat Boy! And maybe the new behemoth game if it's multi plat ^_^
    I forgot Tales of Graces in the JRPGs comment I made before.
    From Nintendo, Endless Ocean 2 too please, Tact of Magic and Another Code R too. Hopefully we'll have Pikmin 3 by the end of the year.
    It's early to judge how many games per month we'll get for ALL of 2009. We know some end of year games, but certainly not all.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Spectrobes looks surprisingly good also, and I'm eager to see how Spyborgs has changed.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Meowayne

Oh, thanks for the additions. I will have to take a look at all of them and edit the list.

I forgot that horror action adventure title that is set on some mountain with snow and stuff? It's in early development, looks rough around the edges, but the character animations are nice. What was that called?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Geno

There's not a single good game in third party "exclusives". In the first party, only Mario Galaxy was any good, but even that on any of the two real next gen consoles would have a hard time competing. Multiplats, ports, and hyped don't count.

Wii = 1 good game/28 months, or 0.0357 good games/month.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Gee, that was an unexpected turn of events from a guy with a blue name >_>

@ Meo: Cursed Mountain. Schweet.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

List lacks Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Battallion Wars 2.

Also, Excite Truck and Disaster are not third party, Monolith and Moster games belong to Nintendo. Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean looks fucking awesome, you should add that.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Meowayne
    Geno said:
    There's not a single good game in third party "exclusives".
    Unless you have played them (or any of them), you should kindly shut the fuck up, Geno. I have played 9 games of the Third Party Exclusives listed, and, like all the others who did, consider all of them worth their money and don't regret aquiring them. Many of them I consider better than the stuff I bought for X360 in the last months, like Gears 2.

Stop fanboying around. There's gamespot for that.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Meowayne said:
    "Geno said:
    Unless you have played them (or any of them), you should kindly shut the fuck up, Geno. I have played 9 games of the Third Party Exclusives listed, and, like all the others who did, consider all of them worth their money and don't regret aquiring them. Many of them I consider better than the stuff I bought for X360 in the last months, like Gears 2.Stop fanboying around. There's gamespot for that. "
    yes because the LIST is ment for any thing other then fanboyism. stop acting all holier then thou telling people that they should leave stop being fanboys when you posted this thread for those exact reasons.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By oldschool
    Meowayne said:
    "Geno said:
    Unless you have played them (or any of them), you should kindly shut the fuck up, Geno. I have played 9 games of the Third Party Exclusives listed, and, like all the others who did, consider all of them worth their money and don't regret aquiring them. Many of them I consider better than the stuff I bought for X360 in the last months, like Gears 2.Stop fanboying around. There's gamespot for that. "
    Not even Gamespot would tolerate him :P  
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meowayne

William RLBaker, I posted games I don't like, I posted criticism on the Wii system and on the list itself (no RPGs, sucky motion controls, etc.), and I'm a multiplat user who was complaining about the Wii just a few months ago.

I am, by no definition, a fanboy. And this is not a fanboy thread.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

Nice of you to -1 everyone who mentioned games, as if mentioning titles does something you can disagree so strogly with... Fracker.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Geno
    Meowayne said:
    "Geno said:

You basically make a list of all the marginally recognizable games on the Wii and you call me a fanboy? Wii Sports? Mario Strikers? Wow.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what your opinion is. The fact is, those games are only good for the Wii, if they were put on any other console they would get mediocre scores (and not just because of the graphics). The Wii is in the next gen like the other two consoles and it's hardly fair to act as if it were in a league of its own. Seeing as this thread is meant to demonstrate how the Wii's library is not inferior to the other consoles, it fails due to that fact. If you can't understand this then there's not really that much I can say to people like you.

I recognize that there is a good game on the Wii, Mario Galaxy, and possibly a couple others in your list. But pulling the list of Wii games off of metacritic with any score over 75 isn't going to convince many people that its library is worthwhile.

Edit: Also I would like to note that I do indeed own a Wii, and have played many of the games in that list. I'm not trolling or fanboying.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldschool
    Meowayne said:
    "William RLBaker, I posted games I don't like, I posted criticism on the Wii system and on the list itself (no RPGs, sucky motion controls, etc.), and I'm a multiplat user who was complaining about the Wii just a few months ago. I am, by no definition, a fanboy. And this is not a fanboy thread. "
    Just ignore Wii Meo, he is just one of a handful of predictable trolls that infects Wii threads like a venereal disease.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Al3xand3r

Woa woa woa, tone down the bullshit, lol. His list has nothing to do with metascore, it's his opinion, if he just wanted numbers for the sake of numbers he could have done the metascore thing for real and have 2x the games he listed. Grow up.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#20  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Great list.  And that's not even counting the many awesome VC games.  I think those are what I'm looking forward to most.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Meowayne

Geno:

First of all, thanks. That's a reply people can work with. +1 to that.

• I consider Wii Sports to be an excellent game of many hours of entertainment, both single and multiplayer. Especially considering its price tag of $0
    • Mario Strikers was received extremely well, has a great online MP mode and I don't really see why it shouldn't be there..?
    • As I said in the opening post, just listing every known Wii game is exactly what I did not. I listed all the games that EITHER
    • a) reviewed well but because, as you said, that's a very rare thing b) that I know of are great because I played them or know that a lot of people have fun with
    • Wii Fit or Kororinpa are examples of this, because not even I would give them high scores if I did reviews with a score attached (which I don't), but they still offer great content and entertainment for a lot of people.
    • I do not want to portrait the Wiis library as inferior, equal or superior to the other console's. This isn't even about other consoles. This is not system wars, or I would not have included ports and multiplats. This is about what potential is there for Wii owners (not "Wii only" owners, just people who have a wii) to build up a great collection of very fun entertaining games. And that's a fact. And to say that there's only SMG when you have played maybe 5 games and skipped 20 because they didn't look immediatly appealing to you, than that's oblivious and stupid.

Look for older posts of mine in this forum, from about 6+ months ago, ranting on about the Wii and how it fails so much. This is me. My primary console is the Xbox 360. Since then I've actually gone and tried games. Games that - oh my fucking god! - might have a metacritics score of, say, 72% or 69%. And they were great. You just have to take a look at the approach of this site to Wii games to see were these scores are coming from.

Every game on this list I honestly consider worth it's money. That's all there is to this list. Every game on this list I would recommend to people wanting to have some interactive entertainment they won't regret having bought. That's this list.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Meowayne

I don't even want to make any sort of statements to other consoles libraries. There's only, like, 2 games that I am interested in for the PS3, but I would never go and say that the system's library sucks, because I have absolutely no idea of it's library. I played about 20 Xbox360 games and about 25 Wii games, so these are the consoles I can give opinions about.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Geno

What you said is correct (except about Wii Sports and Strikers, which is a tech demo and a port, respectively), but the Wii doesn't exist in a vacuum. All systems have playable games, even the worst ones, the question is whether or not those games can compete with similar games on other systems. When you say one thing is good, you have to automatically compare it to to everything else within its field, otherwise where did you get the definition of good in the first place? I haven't played all those games, but I've played a sufficient amount of the Wii library to comment on it accurately, plus you don't need to play something if you can understand why it's good/bad. The main question you have to answer here is, why I, who own a Wii, PS3 and gaming PC, play the latter two platforms daily while I haven't turned on my Wii in over 4 months, despite the games you have mentioned.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By PureRok
    Geno said:
    "All systems have playable games, even the worst ones, the question is whether or not those games can compete with similar games on other systems.
    This sentence makes no sense. What's the point of a game being able to "compete with similar games on other systems."? These games (most of them) aren't on other systems, so there is no competition.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Geno
    PureRok said:
    "Geno said:
    "All systems have playable games, even the worst ones, the question is whether or not those games can compete with similar games on other systems.
    This sentence makes no sense. What's the point of a game being able to "compete with similar games on other systems."? These games (most of them) aren't on other systems, so there is no competition."
    In terms of general quality? Of course you can compare. You're telling me that you can't compare Killzone 2 and Gears 2 because they're on different systems?
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Al3xand3r
    "The main question you have to answer here is, why I, who own a Wii, PS3 and gaming PC, play the latter two platforms daily while I haven't turned on my Wii in over 4 months, despite the games you have mentioned."

Why don't you answer how Meo or myself enjoy the Wii's library despite having other platforms then? I'm not sure what systems Meo has but my primary platform is the PC, enough so to have a Steam press account thanks to some of my past work. Or are we just gonna be called casuals or something else ridiculous and be over with it? Or hey, maybe we're trying to fool unsuspecting victims into buying a Wii so we can secretly laugh at them while our Wiis gather dust in the attic! Lol. All you've done is accuse him of bias and claim how there's no bias for you because you have a Wii, so, how do you respond to knowing we all have other platforms also?

From my understanding, Gears 2 doesn't really play that similar to Killzone 2 and each game has its own fans (bugs aside) and more or less equal critical acclaim. Many of the games in Meo's list don't really have alternatives on the other systems, unless we go to the extreme length of comparing Banjo Kazooie to Mario Galaxy and De Blob, or Mario Strikers to conventional soccer games and Smash Bros to something entirely different like Street Fighter IV. I really don't think that's very sensible but whatever floats your boat.

Not to mention some of his multi platform titles listed are widely accepted as better on the Wii, or at the very least equal to the next gen platforms' offerings, which show controls can after all have an impact on the same level the better specs of the other platforms can. Of course, these are mainly sports games like PES, Tiger Woods, and similar, but there's also the likes of Godfather to consider.

The Wii's library is rather unique for the most part, even when we're talking of genres that exist on other systems. Rune Factory Frontier can hardly be compared to Tales of Vesperia. That's only going to be a matter of preference, most people would probably enjoy both. Perhaps Vesperia more as the Harvest Moon aspects aren't for everyone, but that doesn't mean the game's worse as a whole. When Tales of Graces comes, that will be a comparable game. On the other hand, a little better or a little worse will hardly matter, it'll probably attract fans of the franchise all the same so once again, it's not exactly a thing to compare, or even blame the Wi for if it ends up lesser. Franchises have highs and lows.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Meowayne
    What you said is correct (except about Wii Sports and Strikers, which is a tech demo and a port, respectively)

You already lost me there. So ten hours of fun with a tech demo and a port is somehow inferior fun than ten hours of fun with an exclusive, plot-driven full-price game?
    Wii Sports is great. I still play it today, and have gotten dozens of hours of entertainment of it. And even if you're only having fun for a single hour - That's still an awesome entertainment/money spent value. Wii Sports is a game that, in my eyes, every gamer ought to have played at least once. It's a great, neatly presented first party Wii game that many people get more hours out of than, for example, Metal Gear Solid 2 or Shadow of the Colossus. Why the hell not include it in the list of "Things to have good times with when you own a Wii"?

The same goes for ports and multiplats. If it is fun, it's fun. If I am entertained, perfect. Why shouldn't I buy and love Mario Strikers oder Mario Power Tennis if I have not played the previous iterations? Iterations that didn't have gesture controlled input? In what sort of mindset does a person have to be to somehow get less entertainment out of something just because other people who made different console purchases are able to enjoy it as well?

All systems have playable games, even the worst ones, the question is whether or not those games can compete with similar games on other systems.

No. Only fanboys care about that. It's video games, for christ's sake. Whether or not you are entertained and amused by 30 minutes of Boom Blox hasn't got anything, ANYTHING at all to do with the fact that there's a Halo 3 or an Uncharted. Whether or not these games exist, the amount of entertainment you get out of the games I mentioned in this list doesn't change. AT ALL. This is system-wars induced consumerism bullshit.

As Al3xand3r said correctly, all of us Wii games here on Giantbomb are actually multiplatformers. My primary console is the X360. I also own a DS and a PS2. I have no intention, and no interest in convincing anyone to buy a console, or to feel good/bad about their purchase. I only felt like making such a list, for exactly those types of comments you made last:

The main question you have to answer here is, why I, who own a Wii, PS3 and gaming PC, play the latter two platforms daily while I haven't turned on my Wii in over 4 months, despite the games you have mentioned.

Because you told yourself you would be able to try new stuff when you bought the console, which turned out to be wrong. It's extremely easy to get hyped for games that are hyped. It's extremely easy to get hyped for games that are impressive, visually. It's extremely easy to feel good about purchasing a game that has gotten nothing but "AAA" scores.

It's extremely hard and difficult to just go and try a game, especially for the Wii since, shamefully and not understandably, there are no Demos. It's extremely hard to justify purchasing and having fun with a game that got scorned for its flaws by critics. It's the most extremely difficult thing to play a game whose artstyle turns you off.

With this list, I want to encourage Wii owners to do just that. You, Geno, go and buy De Blob (third party), World of Goo (Wiiware) and Mario Power Tennis (port). Now. And try not to have fun with these games. De Blob and World of Goo in particular are what made me from disappointed '07 Wii-whiner to '08 Wii defender.
    Just like any other Wii owner, I hardly touched the console in Q1-3 2007.

I don't have to tell you why you stopped playing Wii games, despite there being great ones. You tell me. I have no idea. That's why I opened this thread. To me, it doesn't make sense.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Endogene

Guess you can add Rune Factory Frontiers to that list, not coming out on any other platform.

Best iteration of the Rune factory franchise yet, and that says a lot.

edit: ha already there.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Meowayne

50 Wii games with a combined metacritic average score of 80.9

I went and took a nice round fifty of the games mentioned in the above list, 13 first party titles, 22 third party exclusives and 15 ports/multiplats and took a look at what the average metacritic score of these games was. 80.9 is what the calculator spat out.

Seriously now, guys. And that's from the list I randomly put together, looking at the metacritic top lists there's even a lot of 80+ titles that aren't even on there. I really don't want to sound fanboyish, and you don't need to tell me that you could probably make fifty-games-lists of a higher averages for the X360 and PS3 (only counting games released in the first 28 months, though), but how can anyone seriously claim that there's "no games" and "no fun to be had"? It just so incredibly doesn't make any sense. You just don't know the games because you refuse to play them.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#30  Edited By AgentJ
    Meowayne said:
    "

50 Wii games with a combined metacritic average score of 80.9

I went and took a nice round fifty of the games mentioned in the above list, 13 first party titles, 22 third party exclusives and 15 ports/multiplats and took a look at what the average metacritic score of these games was. 80.9 is what the calculator spat out. Seriously now, guys. And that's from the list I randomly put together, looking at the metacritic top lists there's even a lot of 80+ titles that aren't even on there. I really don't want to sound fanboyish, and you don't need to tell me that you could probably make fifty-games-lists of a higher averages for the X360 and PS3 (only counting games released in the first 28 months, though), but how can anyone seriously claim that there's "no games" and "no fun to be had"? It just so incredibly doesn't make any sense. You just don't know the games because you refuse to play them."
    Interesting statistic, though I'm not sure why you'd bring that up since Wii games have historicly been reviewed low, whether they are good or not. Especially within the pages of Game Informer. I mean, No More Heroes a 6.0? honestly...
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al3xand3r

Metacritic is popular cos people do use it. It's not a good means to judge games if you ask me, but many people do, so at least mentioning this statistic may make a few people give some games a shot... Or not. But, it's true that many good Wii games are very underrated.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By atejas
    Al3xand3r said:
     And Cave Story
    Oh boy......
    Nice list otherwise, though. Even if some of those games look pretty boring.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Al3xand3r

Otherwise? Why would anyone not like Cave Story... Or not want to give pixel some cash for it and his extra re-drawing all the sprites and tiles work... Or not like the prospect of MORE CAVE STORY via DLC... YOU HAVE NO SOUL!

Agreed though, nice list, with nary a boring game in sight ^_^

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

Not many games that interest me on that list. I'm not saying there are no good games, because there are, just none of them seem to be for me.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Meowayne
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Not many games that interest me on that list. I'm not saying there are no good games, because there are, just none of them seem to be for me."
    Thats what I said before I played them.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By Arkthemaniac

If you look at the conglomerate review scores for many Wii games (ala Metacritic) and then go to a bunch of different sites and total up the user scores, you'll see some massive discrepancies. The biggest I found is with Mushroom Men, which gets around a 73 from Metacritic, 86 user review.

Also, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins needs to be owned by you.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Nice list, but I'll still take PS3 games over Wii games any day. Dead Space Extraction is probably the only Wii game I'll get this year. I might download Final Fantasy off the Virtual Console, but that's not likely.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "If you look at the conglomerate review scores for many Wii games (ala Metacritic) and then go to a bunch of different sites and total up the user scores, you'll see some massive discrepancies. The biggest I found is with Mushroom Men, which gets around a 73 from Metacritic, 86 user review.

"
    User reviews are almost always higher than the critics' reviews because most people that write reviews for a game are people that actually enjoyed the game.

Well, unless it's a major PS3/X360 exclusive. Then you just get a bunch of fanboys down-rating it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oldschool
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "If you look at the conglomerate review scores for many Wii games (ala Metacritic) and then go to a bunch of different sites and total up the user scores, you'll see some massive discrepancies. The biggest I found is with Mushroom Men, which gets around a 73 from Metacritic, 86 user review.

"
    User reviews are almost always higher than the critics' reviews because most people that write reviews for a game are people that actually enjoyed the game.Well, unless it's a major PS3/X360 exclusive. Then you just get a bunch of fanboys down-rating it."
    Viewer's reviews are always a problem as you really have no idea whether or not they actually have the game.  Fanboys can rate up and down for their own stupid reasons.  
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Godwind

This list is stupid.  It could be so much better if Fire Emblem was listed as a first party game.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:

"
    User reviews are almost always higher than the critics' reviews because most people that write reviews for a game are people that actually enjoyed the game. Well, unless it's a major PS3/X360 exclusive. Then you just get a bunch of fanboys down-rating it."
    Good point.

Still, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins needs to be owned by you.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42  Edited By Black_Rose
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Also, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins needs to be owned by you."
    Finally, someone who appreciates the awesomeness of this great game!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Al3xand3r

Would you review it in your blog or something then? I was considering it before release but I didn't like the things I read about it, some very questionable design choices imo, that take away from the Tenchu spirit. If it actually works well, I'd like to read about it. Or just link to a review you feel does a good job of mentioning the high and low points in ways that make you understand how it plays than just a list.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Godwind

I noticed you haven't fixed Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn as a First Party Exclusive.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Meowayne

Now I have.

DOES THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY NOW.

DOES IT.

HUM?

*cries*

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Al3xand3r

Add Bubble Bobble Plus on WiiWare :>

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Meowayne

Does it have space marines and motion blur?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Of course it does! IT IS A GAME THAT IS IN THIS GENERATION, AFTER ALL.

n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By n8
    Endogene said:
    "Guess you can add Rune Factory Frontier to that list, not coming out on any other platform. Best iteration of the Rune factory franchise yet, and that says a lot. edit: ha already there. "
    i am currently very addicted to this game for the wii.

i have never experienced any of the rune factory(s) games nor harvest moon, etc..   but i can say this:   its an amazing RPG and would rival most if not all of the amazing wii games on this list, if you can think in terms of general addiction/fun levels (yes, including galaxy).  

if any of you cats dig RPGs and have dust on your wiimotes you should check this one out.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Al3xand3r

Sweet, will get at some point :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.