Wii games for the girlfriend (to play alone)?

#1 Posted by MrOldboy (868 posts) -

I've asked this before regarding ps2 games, but other than persona 4 she had trouble playing most games with the controller. 360 games are even more of a struggle since the controller is a bit larger. I haven't touched my wii in over 6 months so I ended up giving it to her, other than wii sports/wii fit she has't played any other games on it. I'm not looking for games that we can play together, rather stuff she can throw in a play on her own. She's played several DS games and PSP games like Patapon. Again, it doesn't need to be a "real" game that GB users would want to play, she just wants something she can handle without becoming frustrated. 

Wii sports resort is an obvious choice, but she really wants a single player game since noone in her house can play with her.

games I am thinking about:
Rabbids Go Home
Any of the dancing games
Cooking Mama series (she likes the DS games so this seems like a no brainer)
Maybe Trauma Center series (she's a nursing student so I dont know, maybe)

Frankly I have't played many wii games, and google just throws Glee and Just Dance at me. Looking for some more informed answers since I cant just buy a bunch of games to see what'll stick.
#2 Posted by MrOldboy (868 posts) -

Any help? I bought Cooking Mama: World Kitchen I think is the subtitle. That was a big hit. 

Out of the dancing games, which one sucks the least? She was really excited for Dance Central until I told her she needed a 360 and kinect and the game to play it.
#3 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
#4 Posted by Dalai (7016 posts) -

I'll recommend de Blob 1 or 2. Rabbids Go Home is a decent choice, though.

#5 Posted by Haziqonfire (227 posts) -

Kirby's Epic Yarn is a fun platformer. It's not too difficult, but the level design is awesome and it has 2P co-op if you do decide to play MP. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are both great platformers as well and aren't too challenging. Little King's Story is a pretty easy-to-play RPG/SRPG as well, though it definitely can be frustrating at times so that might not be the best choice.

Like others have mentioned, de Blob (both) are great choices as well. 
#6 Posted by ZookieWookie (39 posts) -

Theres also Trauma team in addition to the trauma center regard. Mario galaxy is also probably a good choice. Maybe the paper mario game also.

#7 Posted by XanderCrews (106 posts) -

House of the Dead:Overkill or MadWorld

For real though. The Boomblox games are pretty decent.
#8 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

New Super Mario Brothers Wii may be a good choice.  My girlfriend loves the game.

#9 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Stupid, inappropriate joke... so easy... must... resist...

#10 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

What DS games (besides the Cooking Mama series) did your girlfriend enjoy? I'm interested in getting some games for my girlfriend.

#11 Edited by Enns (357 posts) -

Rune Factory Frontier.

She ended up playing it so much my Wii now has serious artifacting in it.

Edit:
Oh and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King 

#12 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Other than what's been mentioned, I enjoyed Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, but that might get too hard, especially if she doesn't play it on the easiest difficulty setting. (unless the difficulty is just coming from not being able to use the controller fast enough, which wouldn't be a problem at all here. All about the mental challenge.)

#13 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -

Dare...

#14 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
Stupid, inappropriate joke... so easy... must... resist...
I've also been biting back exercise game suggestions.

Seriously though, the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game is good.
#15 Posted by NTM (7320 posts) -

Mario Kart. That's always going to be the answer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.