WII-HATE!

#1 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

Grrrr. Sometimes I HATE the Wii.  

I just spent $20 freakin' dollars buying Wii Points, after downloading Double Dragon 1 (NES), I go to download Cave Story, and guess what?!  

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE! 

So I comb through my Wii System Memory, deleting all kinds of stuff. Go to download Cave Story again, ANNDDDD  
dun dun DUN, I STILL DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE! Grrrrrrrrr.  

Okay Nintendo. Fine. I give up. I'm not buying anything else tonight. TAKE THAT! 

*grumbles as he shops online for an SD Card*

#2 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@astrotriforce:  Traitor!
#3 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva said:
" @astrotriforce:  Traitor! "
IT HAS DEFIED MY LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

I'm confused on account of this not being a question of the day. 

But yeah, the Wii sucks in that way. 250GB HDDs or bust!

#5 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I'm confused on account of this not being a question of the day.  But yeah, the Wii sucks in that way. 250GB HDDs or bust! "
I put a 500GB HDD in my PS3 when I first bought it. 

#6 Posted by MisterChief (831 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I'm confused on account of this not being a question of the day.  But yeah, the Wii sucks in that way. 250GB HDDs or bust! "
The Wii sucks in general.
#7 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

Is this the question of the day lol? If so then I am not sure how to answer lol.

#8 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Who nowadays do not have an SD card?

Get with the times, son.

#9 Posted by TNK1 (83 posts) -

Just play the pc version or psp version there both free. The psp version is for cfw users only.

#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@Snapstacle said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
I put a 500GB HDD in my PS3 when I first bought it. 

"

I see your schwartz is as big as mine!
#11 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@MisterChief: 1/10. Troll harder next time.
#12 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: +1 for Spaceballs reference.
#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14341 posts) -

While you're waiting for your SD card to arrive, you can always play cave story for free on PC.

#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

It's been a long-running complaint of the Wii and while a lot of the Wii's technical shortcomings can be put up with for the games it provides, when you can only get so many games onto your system without external devices it presents a serious problem. Like Matty said though Cave Story is free on the PC.

#15 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" While you're waiting for your SD card to arrive, you can always play cave story for free on PC. "

@Gamer_152 said:
" It's been a long-running complaint of the Wii and while a lot of the Wii's technical shortcomings can be put up with for the games it provides, when you can only get so many games onto your system without external devices it presents a serious problem. Like Matty said though Cave Story is free on the PC. "
I was under the impression that the WiiWare version is completely updated with new graphics, music, etc. compared to the PC version though. 
#16 Posted by krystians (402 posts) -

Just go get a 8 gb memory card from Bestbuy or Futureshop. And problem will be solved. No need to hate. I have 250 gb on xbox and I don't need that much. My wii is finw with 8 gb card in it.

#17 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Ah, the trouble and stress the virtual console made for me before you could use SD, now I got 24 000 blocks to spare.

#18 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

I haven't had any problems with my Wii, in years. Of course, I have not used it or even plugged it in for almost three years. The last time I took it out of storage was the week that Boom Blox came out. It's just too cumbersome to bother with all the antiquated hurdles.

#19 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

go buy a SD card somewhere. it sucks when you have to delete things to find space for something that you want.

#20 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@krystians said:
" Just go get a 8 gb memory card from Bestbuy or Futureshop. And problem will be solved. No need to hate. I have 250 gb on xbox and I don't need that much. My wii is finw with 8 gb card in it. "
I have a 2GB, that should work just fine.  Wiiware games aren't allowed to exceed 40MB last time I checked.  The SD card is only allowed to store 240 games.  To fill that up at to the max, you would need 9.6GB.  Not every game is going to use the full 40MB (most games rarely do).  If each game on the SD card at average was 30MB, you would 7.2GB.  If you were to get an average of 20MB, you would get 4.8GB.  However, I doubt customers are buying games to "max out" their SD cards.  For example, the average NES game is 1 MB, while the SNES is 6MB, and I think N64 games can go for as much as 20 MB?

If you have a diverse spread of games for different platforms, you aren't likely going to need a 8 GB card.  If you do, get an SD card reader so you can transfer files from your SD card to your computer.
#21 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

The wii has samurai warriors 3 so it's pretty good

#22 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" Who nowadays do not have an SD card?  Get with the times, son. "
People that have hard drives on their consoles?!
#23 Posted by Hailinel (23868 posts) -

This is why I bought a rather big SD card the day after the firmware update that allowed playing WiiWare/VC titles off of SD cards went live.  Saves space!

#24 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@astrotriforce said: 
 @Gamer_152 said:
" It's been a long-running complaint of the Wii and while a lot of the Wii's technical shortcomings can be put up with for the games it provides, when you can only get so many games onto your system without external devices it presents a serious problem. Like Matty said though Cave Story is free on the PC. "
I was under the impression that the WiiWare version is completely updated with new graphics, music, etc. compared to the PC version though.  "
The 8-bit music and graphics of the PC version is arguably more charming and befitting of the game. 
#25 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
@damnboyadvance said:
" @OllyOxenFree said:
" Who nowadays do not have an SD card?  Get with the times, son. "
People that have hard drives on their consoles?! "
I'm talking about in general--not just for consoles.
#26 Posted by MushroomSamba (171 posts) -

It's a shame, cuz Cave Story fucking owns. Sorry to rub it in. :)

#27 Posted by Dalai (6995 posts) -

Well this explains that SD card poll yesterday. 

At this point if you have a Wii, you should at least have a 2GB SD card.

#28 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Dalai said:
"Well this explains that SD card poll yesterday.  At this point if you have a Wii, you should at least have a 2GB SD card. "

But I'm poor.  If I strip, will you pay me in SD cards?
#29 Posted by WJist (313 posts) -

But.....Wii Shop Music! Don't you like that? Doesn't that soothe your rage over not having enough memory space?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dunaway or Fils-Aime specifically mention this problem because people were buying a lot of content and didn't have enough channels, even with a SD card?

#30 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -
@astrotriforce:  That sucks man. It's a good thing I have 500 GB on my PS3, 250 GB on my 360, 8 GB on my PSP, 2.25 TB on my powerful gaming PC and another 2.75 TB on my server. Sucks for you hommie.
#31 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" The wii has samurai warriors 3 so it's pretty good "
Gimmie Dat Samurai Warriors Tri Love. 

sucks to your asmar.
#32 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Geno said:
" @astrotriforce said: 
 @Gamer_152 said:
I was under the impression that the WiiWare version is completely updated with new graphics, music, etc. compared to the PC version though.  "
The 8-bit music and graphics of the PC version is arguably more charming and befitting of the game.  "
This a million times over.  The music on the Wii version is weird which is why it has have an option to revert to the original music and graphics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.