Wii Motion Plus is out today! Are you getting it?

#1 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
#2 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I'll wait for resort

#3 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Same. It's gonna be the benchmark title for M+ use.

#4 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Hrm, i just realized they have the red logo in the top left of the box art. what DLC are you going to have to pay for?

#5 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Not particularly interest in the controller, but if I was to get it, it would be with Grand Slam Tennis. I really do want to try it out.

#6 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" Hrm, i just realized they have the red logo in the top left of the box art. what DLC are you going to have to pay for? "
New courses probably, for Tiger Woods. Who knows for the other.
#7 Posted by JackiJinx (3090 posts) -

Not remotely any time soon.

#8 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Oh, so it is good? Cool, I may get that Tiger Woods game when I get around to it (read: never, but it looks cool).

@JackiJinx said:
" Not remotely any time soon. "

HAHAHAHAHA. That's a good one!
#9 Posted by Dalai (7028 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" I'll wait for resort "
Basically this.  It's nice to see Wii MotionPlus out for 3rd party games first, but I'm holding out for Wii Sports Resort.
#10 Posted by MrPerfect (436 posts) -

I probably will but I will not be getting it anytime soon. 

#11 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I'll get it with resort

#12 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
" Oh, so it is good? Cool, I may get that Tiger Woods game when I get around to it (read: never, but it looks cool)."
Um, yes, M+ is good. And Tiger Woods got top marks from IGN, 1UP and Nintendo Power so far.
#13 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Yes, I will get M+ on Friday. And I will be playing Grand Slam Tennis today, I think, with "normal" Wiimote controls, so that I can see the difference.

#14 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

I'm very tempted, even though I don't game much on my Wii.

#15 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

I'll wait for Red Steel 2.

#16 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I'm waiting for Wii Sports Resort, seems like a good all arounder, and the gameplay seems the most interesting of all the Plus stuff to me.

#17 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -

If it doesn't affect games that I already have then... never.

#18 Edited by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

I'd have to get a Wii first. Although I may get Tiger Woods for my game console... OOH! Just kidding.

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

Hey, what is that "Pay & Play WiFi" symbol on the box art?

#20 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

IT indicates DLC. Courses, cocstumes, whatever they think to put up for DL.

#21 Posted by freakin (404 posts) -

I pondered it while holding the box in the store, but passed.  I'm not sure I even want Wii Sports Resort, seems too juvenile to me.  Red Steel 2 I wasn't too impressed by what I saw of it at E3...  I dunno, what else is coming out within the year that supports the M+? 

#22 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Wii Sports, juvinile?

Anyway, of the ones we know off, the Motion Plus games coming after Wii Sports Resort are Virtua Tennis 2009, Gladiator AD, The Grinder, and bunch of casual games.
#23 Edited by gormers (289 posts) -

Ill probably buy Wii Motion + together with Wii Sports resort . Sounds like both grand slam and PGA tour are superb games, but they dont appeal to me^^

#24 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I'll get it with Wii Sports: Resort probably, if I get it at all.

They didn't really publicize the release of this well.

#25 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

I'm waiting for Resort.

#26 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

Will probably end up getting the Tiger Woods bundle AND the Resort bundle to eventually have two of em. I wish they were bundled with Tennis...

#27 Posted by freakin (404 posts) -

sort of juvenile yeah, but mainly because of the Mii's, but I might get it.   The basketball and fencing could be worth the price.

#28 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I got it with Tiger Woods. It works great. Disc Golf in the Tiger Woods game is a lot of fun, simple, but with Motion Plus the gameplay is tight as a drum. The actual golf game is great. I perform a golf swing, my avatar does the same, and we put it in the hole.

I've also pre-ordered Wii Sports Resort, so I can get another Motion Plus adapter for my second Wii remote.

#29 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

I'll be getting magnum sized ones on friday.

#30 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

Stupidly in the UK the only game out with it this week is Grand Slam Tennis, all the other games are out a month from now, Sports Resort is a month and a half away. I'll wait for the review of Sports Resort...

#31 Posted by Protoroll (345 posts) -

Wii Sport Resort for me.

#32 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Wii sports resorts for me.  Most of the early offerings look like shit to me (in reference to games with Motion plus).

#33 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Got mine two hours ago with all three games. : )

#34 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

I'm good.

#35 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" Got mine two hours ago with all three games. : ) "
How is the difference when playing grand slam tennis with it compared to playing wiimote only. I've only played it for a bit myself and i do not see at all how motion plus could improve the experience.
#36 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

I'm going to wait for Resort. Golf and tennis do not interest me at all.

#37 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@Endogene said:
"
@Meowayne said:
" Got mine two hours ago with all three games. : ) "
How is the difference when playing grand slam tennis with it compared to playing wiimote only. I've only played it for a bit myself and i do not see at all how motion plus could improve the experience. "
Video coming up as soon as I can get the movie maker to run on Windows7. With MotionPlus the way you hit the ball determines it's path, not when you hit.
#38 Posted by gangstaboy (12 posts) -

Ill get it...but i dont have a Wii.

#39 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

I'll probably wait and get it with Wii Sports Resort.

#40 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@coffeesash said:
" Stupidly in the UK the only game out with it this week is Grand Slam Tennis, all the other games are out a month from now, Sports Resort is a month and a half away. I'll wait for the review of Sports Resort... "

July 3rd till we get Tiger10 :(. I'm thinking about popping out later and getting Grand Slam, but I need to read a few more reviews first.

I think I will wait on Tiger...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ea-sports-grand-slam-tennis-review?page=2

#41 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

I read in other reviews that Grand Slam Tennis is tough because you need to be able to play and be fit. So I may get Grand Slam as I'm terrible at tennis videogames but good at tennis. So we'll see xD It's a lot of outlay on a gamble.... so actually nahhhh.

#42 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I might get it so I can play Wii Sports Resort with my family.  I don't see myself using it much on my own. 

#43 Posted by JebranRush (36 posts) -

No, I'm just waiting for Wii Sports Resort. The game looks like fantastic fun.

#44 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
Is Tiger Woods violently ejaculating in this picture?
#45 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Yea, I am pretty sure now I will wait on Tiger 10, and possibly wait on next years round of Tennis games. GST is not the game I had hoped it would be, based all that I have read so far about it. While Virtua Tennis Wii on the other hand, looks plain shoddy all over. It looks like an after thought version for SEGA, who clearly gave the HD versions a larger development budget, and more importantly, a better development team.  Virtua Tennis Wii is both a diservice to the great new device, and to a great franchise.

#46 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

I might get it with Resort, but I'm not really excited about that either. I'll probably just get it when something really good comes out for it.

#47 Edited by Marzy (675 posts) -

I'll be waiting to get it with Wii Sports Resort. If I was to get it before then, I think I would go for Tiger Woods 10, as it seems to be getting the best review out of the MotionPlus games. I'll probably end up getting another MotionPlus with a copy of Red Steel 2. That game is looking much better than the first game, which I thought was really bad, personally.

#48 Posted by Alex_V (615 posts) -

Well I shall by buying both TW10 and (reviews pending) Sports Resort packaged with controllers. Tiger is one of the highest rated releases so far this year looking at the metacritic averages - couldn't be more excited for a game.

#49 Posted by Omali (42 posts) -

I'm going to wait until Sports Resort. If there was backwards compatibility, I'd buy it now, but there isn't, so I'll wait for a wider variety of games to utilize it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.