Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

wii shooter suggestions

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

backbone for a wii shooter

http://www.freewebs.com/mugugipan/

CapcomOverdose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By CapcomOverdose

Wii...boooooo

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mugugipan
    @CapcomOverdose: 

lol, you know I would be right there with you, until I played super mario galaxy

When you look at the 360 and ps3, they sort of mimic each other with the best franchises 

but wii just goes a different path altogether

I taught maybe a shooter would work if people just took the most intuitive elements of the best fp games

metroid prime does with moving, thats why left and right are to turn, that makes the corner buttons move and turn, 
    pc shooters have non-progressive aiming which is very intuitive, thats why pressing A allows wii mote to aim precisely,
    console shooters have progressive aiming thats good for moving and shooting, thats what C button does,

aside from the intuitive controls 
    level design from GRAW's co-op is simple to create
    the art work is challenging but the technicals of the graphic engine are not,

I think its a real good starting structure for any shooter to have

I put alot of taught into this, so any input will be greatly appreaciated, good or bad
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ

Since we aren't exclusively talking about FPS, Resident Evil 4 works great on the Wii. 

CapcomOverdose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CapcomOverdose
    @mugugipan said:
    " @CapcomOverdose:   lol, you know I would be right there with you, until I played super mario galaxy  When you look at the 360 and ps3, they sort of mimic each other with the best franchises   but wii just goes a different path altogether  I taught maybe a shooter would work if people just took the most intuitive elements of the best fp games  metroid prime does with moving, thats why left and right are to turn, that makes the corner buttons move and turn,  pc shooters have non-progressive aiming which is very intuitive, thats why pressing A allows wii mote to aim precisely, console shooters have progressive aiming thats good for moving and shooting, thats what C button does,  aside from the intuitive controls  level design from GRAW's co-op is simple to create the art work is challenging but the technicals of the graphic engine are not,  I think its a real good starting structure for any shooter to have  I put alot of taught into this, so any input will be greatly appreaciated, good or bad "
    Both RE games on the Wii are pretty good.i never finished Umbrella Chronicles though.There needs to be more shooters on the Wii,sadly I keep seeing all of these platformers,which I am really uncomfortable playing on Wii.I had to play Twilight Princess on Gamecube.
    insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By insanejedi

Here's a suggestion, don't play a wii for shooters.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThomasP

Metroid Prime Trilogy offers a great FPS adventure experience. There are a few other games, but nothing in comparison to the FPS experiences found on a PC, 360 or PS3. The Conduit failed in my opinion, but I do think a great online FPS experience will eventually make its way to the Wii. Just don't count on it being a blockbuster game. It will be an experience unique unto itself... or so says my crystal ball.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

The best Shooter on the Wii is without a shadow of a doubt Call of Duty: World at War, once you play that there's no way back to regular controls. 

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Emilio

You can buy Onslaught for 10 bucks on WiiWare. It has online and is very arcadey, but no VS I believe.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By jonnyboy
    "LEGO HEAT" an on-rails light gun shooter for the Wii based on the movie Heat, in LEGO form. Also incorporates the balance board, to run away from those pesky Lego cops. 

Thinking back it probably wouldn't get the Nintendo seal of approval.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By demontium
    @mugugipan: Wii, until it proves me wrong (red steel 2) canNOT do shooters.

Why?

Because no matter how much fun it is to aim with a wiimote, both tech wise and precision, you are going to need a controller to get a really competitive online and a completely fair shooting system.

Also, friend codes... OH THE FCs!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

Eh, shooters aren't only multi player you know, plenty of great Wii games qualify as one, including Metroid Prime 3, which does it perfectly. Since you have so much focus on multi player I don't see how you expect Red Steel 2 to redeem that since it doesn't have a multi player mode and instead goes for the single player action adventure route like the Metroid Prime games.

If you only want multi player then I'd say one of the COD games is your best bet. Sure, they're limited compared to the HD versions, but you say you find remote aiming fun, and want multi player, so that's pretty much all you've got available. It's pretty popular online, I imagine Modern Warfare will be as well despite being an old port, since it sounds like a more feature complete version (but for me, not complete enough still).

I guess I won't say more even though there's tons more to say about "shooters" since you only seem to care about online multiplayer FPS games, which is a sub-sub-category of shooters, which the Wii has proven to do very well, at least in comparison to the effort done (none).

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By mordukai

Wii Sports Shooter. It seems that thats the only way Nintendo can sell shooters on the Wii.  

Remember how right before the Wii came out people thought the Wii controller will be perfect for FPS's?

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By spankingaddict
    @ThomasP said:
    " Metroid Prime Trilogy offers a great FPS adventure experience. There are a few other games, but nothing in comparison to the FPS experiences found on a PC, 360 or PS3. The Conduit failed in my opinion, but I do think a great online FPS experience will eventually make its way to the Wii. Just don't count on it being a blockbuster game. It will be an experience unique unto itself... or so says my crystal ball. "
    LISTEN TO THIS GUY

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.