Wii successor official.
" @HibikiRush said:Indeed. Can't wait." @JJWeatherman said:Investor Relations you say? That is very interesting. If nothing unfortunate happens, this could be a really crazy E3 this year. "" Umm, OK. Where exactly did that letter come from? "Nintendo Investor Relations. "
I liked the rumoured name of "Stream". Sounds decent while continuing the joke.
" @niamahai: They said their successor is coming in 2012, so unless Skyward Sword get delayed... "well TP was originally a GC title and then delayed for Wii so IS HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF?! DUN DUN DUUUNN
I dont know what to think....i have mixed emotions. A part of me is giddy as fuck as a Nintendo fanboy, but theres another part of me that cant be bothered, just because i bought a Wii and it ended up gathering dust for years. Ive only literlaly played 5 whole games on the wii, the others i played were a joke. and most of these were first party Nintendo games.
" Stupid of them confirming it early, they should have kept to mouth shut so it was a big announcement at E3. But as long as they don't show/leak anything else besides the fact it is real then I guess it's okay. "
It made no difference at all to the 3DS's reception at E3, where Nintendo did the exact same - PR - E3
01.net's rumour of the console being referred to as "Project Cafe" internally, have been given more credibility. Images found on Nintendo's developer helpsite, WarioWorld:
- Wii2 = "Project Café"
- Developer quotes: graphics capabilities "roughly equal to those of the Xbox 360", performance "over the Xbox 360, but just a notch".
- Custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores
- RAM: unknown. 01net speculates: It would be logical that it is a unified RAM, like the 360, with a minimum of 512 MB
- Graphics processor: AMD (ATI) - probably a series R700, with a shader (for managing the effects) more recent than the Xbox 360 (probably version 4.1).
- Controller has a 6" touch screen; 16:9, Single Touch, Sub HD with a resolution of ~800 x 500
- A front-facing camera
- Standard set of buttons (D-Pad, two bumpers, two triggers (4 face buttons?) & IR lights (like a sensor bar)
- Wireless streaming of video content to controllers w/o need for TV.
- Controllers are clients, all processing is done on the console then streamed in HQ with no lag
- Another Surprise feature
- To be revealed at E3
- Launch in June 2012
- Rockstar among 1st to recieve SDK's and have a game planned
- Controller Mockup closest to actual controller according to their source:
" Stupid of them confirming it early, they should have kept to mouth shut so it was a big announcement at E3. But as long as they don't show/leak anything else besides the fact it is real then I guess it's okay. "They have only confirmed it to keep investors happy.
It's exciting to see Nintendo getting into the hardcore market again, but I just can't help feeling that three consoles fighting for the exact same market is a little much. It could become another GameCube or Dreamcast. But then again, if they do something really cool and unique that people want, it could do really well.
The rumours actually make the console sound pretty good. A touch-screen could give you a more complicated, PC style control experiences with certain games (how much better would Dragon Age 2 be if you didn't have to navigate silly button combinations to get to your abilities); maybe RTS games and Baldur's Gate-style RPGs would finally work properly on a console.
I'm actually surprised they didn't announce this before the leaks happened. That's what they did with the 3DS. They put out a press release basically saying "Yo, we're doing this thing, we'll show it off at E3" about 6 months before it was officially unveiled, just to beat the inevitable leaks. It seems far better than Sony's strategy which seems to be to deny everything until they officially unveil it. Leaks are going to happen, you might as well stick out a press release or something making it official.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.