Wii successor official.

  • 67 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by Jeust (10735 posts) -

Looking forward for a Wii pricedrop. :p

#52 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

Interesting stuff, I wonder if this thing really is going to be as balls-out crazy as sources have reported.

Moderator
#53 Posted by JEC03 (904 posts) -

 The Big Dog Pitbull is in the building!!! oh snap drop a bomb on it.

#54 Posted by blackblade500 (162 posts) -
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712099/nintendo-confirms-new-system-for-e3/
  This also looks official. I was going to watch Nintendo's E3 stuff anyway, this just confirms that I pay great attention
#55 Edited by vdortizo (119 posts) -

Great of them to announce a new console and such, but I don't think I will pick this up... why?

Graphically: If there really is just an R700 inside that console it will probably do the same games that 360 and PS3 have been doing but at native 1080p and probably with higher res textures and antialiasing, nothing new will come to the table besides a little more fidelity in this department. I think (and this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to be a troll here) that third parties will continue to develop initially for PS3 and 360 (at least in the first year and mostly for the market share that those two consoles have) and add the extra features to the "Wii 2" port.

Online: If this is still as f***ed up as it is in the Wii, do I need any explanation? The software stack for the Wii was badly done, I hope they hired some good software engineers to fix this. I don't want a system that lets the games take total control of the hardware (if and only if they do fix the online) because the possibility for exploits becomes too high.

And I really hope the "iPad style" controllers are optional, those things look pretty expensive...

#56 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
" God I hope they call it the Wii ii. "
no it should be the Wii Wii
#57 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -
@vdortizo said:

" Great of them to announce a new console and such, but I don't think I will pick this up... why?Graphically: If there really is just an R700 inside that console it will probably do the same games that 360 and PS3 have been doing but at native 1080p and probably with higher res textures and antialiasing, nothing new will come to the table besides a little more fidelity in this department. I think (and this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to be a troll here) that third parties will continue to develop initially for PS3 and 360 (at least in the first year and mostly for the market share that those two consoles have) and add the extra features to the "Wii 2" port.Online: If this is still as f***ed up as it is in the Wii, do I need any explanation? The software stack for the Wii was badly done, I hope they hired some good software engineers to fix this. I don't want a system that lets the games take total control of the hardware (if and only if they do fix the online) because the possibility for exploits becomes too high.And I really hope the "iPad style" controllers are optional, those things look pretty expensive... "

Do you really think this new Nintendo console is simply about improving graphics, when Nintendo themselves have said they have little concern for competing with graphics solely?,

There will be a unique feature and first part games that will blow people away and sell this console, not just superior graphics over PS3 & 360.  
#58 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Nintendo's pretty smart. By making it a marginal improvement, they're giving the green flag for 3rd parties to "enhance port" from the PC version of their multiconsole games. So for people who missed out on Bioshock, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, etc the first time, lucky you. You'll be getting a sweet deal on compilations. Fact is, Wii's an entertainment device, and people replace their entertainment devices on a yearly basis now because we're ridiculous. What's the motivation to lose money on every console cramming a 3 terabite HD, 16 GB ram, 4 GH CPU into a 2" by 5" by 12" box? So you can sell each one for 700 dollars and enter Sony bronze medal territory? No thanks. After Nintendo levels the "hardcore" playing field by upping the specs just enough to make 3rd party outings a non-issue, it becomes a matter of who's offering a unique play experience and who has the best first party. And that's a race Nintendo can win handily.

#59 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" Stupid of them confirming it early, they should have kept to mouth shut so it was a big announcement at E3. But as long as they don't show/leak anything else besides the fact it is real then I guess it's okay. "
They've only confirmed that there will be a console announcement at E3.  They didn't specifically say anything about what the console would entail.
#60 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" @Contro:  There is no way that's real, I mean... look at the coffee!

 

Can nobody else see the chihuahua faces in the coffee!?!?!


ARGHGGGGRHRHGHRGRHRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH "
What would Francis York Morgan say about this?  
#61 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Just worried that they will make expensive controllers again...


Nintendo, surprise me!
#62 Posted by Blair (2511 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" I, for one, am excited. "
Agreed.  I would just recommend to Nintendo that they include actual next-gen graphics and practical controls.
#63 Edited by vdortizo (119 posts) -
@Contro:
 

Do you really think this new Nintendo console is simply about improving graphics, when Nintendo themselves have said they have little concern for competing with graphics solely?,

There will be a unique feature and first part games that will blow people away and sell this console, not just superior graphics over PS3 & 360.


No, I never mentioned that it was only about graphics; I only mentioned the topics that came to mind in that moment, besides it was only an opinion as to why I'm not going to buy it (according to the recent rumors). When official specs come out I might give this console another chance depending on what they show.

On a side note (And this is a completely personal opinion, it is not directed at anyone in particular): Since the Gamecube I hate it when gamers try to sell me on a Nintendo console solely on old first party franchises, I am incredibly tired of the same stories being told over and over again (An episode of the Simpsons comes to mind in which they put a hat on a doll to sell it as new and everybody rushes to buy it like idiots). I think it's time for new IPs (Not only for Nintendo, but for everyone)... Because frankly I hate Mario (there I said it)...
#64 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Blair said:
" @GlenTennis said:
" I, for one, am excited. "
Agreed.  I would just recommend to Nintendo that they include actual next-gen graphics and practical controls. "
By "next gen" you mean hardware from 2005?
#65 Posted by Blair (2511 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @Blair said:
" @GlenTennis said:
" I, for one, am excited. "
Agreed.  I would just recommend to Nintendo that they include actual next-gen graphics and practical controls. "
By "next gen" you mean hardware from 2005? "
Hell no.  I would hope for a significant improvement over the 360 but I seriously doubt we'll get anything close to that.  Based on Nintendo's definition of 'next-gen', 2005 sounds about right.   :(
#66 Posted by Brendan (7832 posts) -

So Nintendo made around 20 billion dollars in revenue from console sales alone this gen.  Duder.

Online
#67 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -
@HibikiRush said:
" My body is Reggie. "
I lol'd, then saw your Seaman avatar and lol'd even more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.