Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Winter May Still Come

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

It would seem there is still hope for n-Space's 'Winter' project:

"The interest in and support of Winter has been amazing to witness. The whole thing has meant a lot to the team. The internet is so full of haters that it's really refreshing to see all the positive response and the petition is quite amazing in itself.

We have had some new and revived interest from publishers for the title, but it's not something we've aggressively pursued just yet. n-Space is currently in the midst of closing three titles - 7 skus plus localizations - so we're pretty swamped right now. We'll start some more aggressive follow-up in the near future. I suspect we will have some interesting conversations."

n-Space President Dan O'Leary,

Thanks to GoNintendo

EDIT

Petitions are not allowed here but I can PM you the link if you request it.

Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Kowalski

I don't think Winter will ever see the light of day, and I'm not sure that's such a bad thing after the fact. The footage was only a demo to pitch to publishers and alot of the concepts shown looks very dated. n-Space seems to have their hands full with other projects and if they ever get the funds to develop Winter I think it will have moved on to something more modern looking. But then of course what has been shown isn't representative of what the whole game would contain, specifically milieu-wise (I surely do hope so). Also they can't go forward with this game using a camera system that seems to follow classic Capcom PSX-era style. They just cannot.

But anything beats the current minigamefest we're having, although I doubt Winter would sell enough copies to warrant it's production cost.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Marzy

It's nice to see some support for this game, hopefully it will get released and sell well.

I'm personally not keen on those style of games and I don't think I would enjoy it, but gave the petition a sign for those who would like it.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Kowalski said:
    "I don't think Winter will ever see the light of day, and I'm not sure that's such a bad thing after the fact. The footage was only a demo to pitch to publishers and alot of the concepts shown looks very dated. n-Space seems to have their hands full with other projects and if they ever get the funds to develop Winter I think it will have moved on to something more modern looking. But then of course what has been shown isn't representative of what the whole game would contain, specifically milieu-wise (I surely do hope so). Also they can't go forward with this game using a camera system that seems to follow classic Capcom PSX-era style. They just cannot.

But anything beats the current minigamefest we're having, although I doubt Winter would sell enough copies to warrant it's production cost.
    "
    That demo was made in two weeks by 12 people, completely playable.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

It's good to hear that the petition is working. I really, really want this game.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

Can you pm me a link to the petition?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Kowalski said:
    "I don't think Winter will ever see the light of day, and I'm not sure that's such a bad thing after the fact. The footage was only a demo to pitch to publishers and alot of the concepts shown looks very dated. n-Space seems to have their hands full with other projects and if they ever get the funds to develop Winter I think it will have moved on to something more modern looking. But then of course what has been shown isn't representative of what the whole game would contain, specifically milieu-wise (I surely do hope so). Also they can't go forward with this game using a camera system that seems to follow classic Capcom PSX-era style. They just cannot.

"
    That demo was made in two weeks by 12 people, completely playable."

That fact is amazing.

I signed the petition and said I would love to see this, if they put a lot of effort into it and give it high production values it deserves.

Black_Rose
    said:
    "Can you pm me a link to the petition?"

Done

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose

Thanks to both :P

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Kowalski said:

"
    That fact is amazing.
    "
    Hell yeah it is. When I first saw the demo, I thought it was really cool, but after I learned that, I developed an amazing respect for the developers. With a team of 40, proper funding, and a decent amount of time . . . it could be the game that all the new Silent Hill's are trying to be.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Kowalski said:

"
    That fact is amazing.
    "
    Hell yeah it is. When I first saw the demo, I thought it was really cool, but after I learned that, I developed an amazing respect for the developers. With a team of 40, proper funding, and a decent amount of time . . . it could be the game that all the new Silent Hill's are trying to be."

It really highlights the woeful attempts of other developers in respect to many games. We can only hope it gers made some day and that it gets the resources it needs. I think it will certainly after this.

A Silent Hill equivalent on  Wii would be great. I actually still hold a lot of hope for Sadness turning up. I think Nibris will be a GDC showing the game next month.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.