Worth getting a Hori fightstick for $30?

#1 Posted by shadyspace (458 posts) -

Are there enough solid Wii fighters to justify it?

#2 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

no

#3 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Tatsunoku Vs Capcom can be played with a sideways wiimote. I can't think of any other fighting games. Don't bother.

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

You could possibly buy it, mod it with better buttons, PCBs, multi-console, etc. To use the stick ONLY for the Wii...no.

#5 Posted by shadyspace (458 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree: Hmmm, do you know if the Madcatz SFIV sticks are multi-platform usable?
#6 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@shadyspace said:
" @OllyOxenFree: Hmmm, do you know if the Madcatz SFIV sticks are multi-platform usable? "
I own one and they're not. 
#7 Posted by shadyspace (458 posts) -
@blueduck: Weird. Aren't they USB?
#8 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@shadyspace said:
" @blueduck: Weird. Aren't they USB? "
Yeah but when you buy them you buy xbox 360 version or ps3 version. You might be able to mod it but I'm not sure.
#9 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@shadyspace:  
If you don't mind playing the Virtual Console games. There's like a million of them...
#10 Posted by shadyspace (458 posts) -

I think I might pull the trigger on this. Apparently it's easy to connect it to a PC through Bluetooth and you can't go wrong with $30 fight stick, especially considering it'd be my first one.

#11 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

As long as there's no lag with the bluetooth, then why not? An inexpensive, wireless fight stick is a handy thing to have even if you're not really into fighting games. I've used my Hori EX2 with Super Meat Boy than with all the fighting games I've played with it combined.

#12 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

The Wii has some great stuff like the King Of Fighters and Samurai Shodown collections as well as some Guilty Gear and the aforementioned Capcom vs Tatsonoku 
All games which you can find dirt cheap now. 
And they're still cranking out the occasional gem on Virtual Console. Who knows, maybe there will even come a good fighter out on WiiWare... 
Personally I'd go for it.

#13 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.