Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Xbox 360 to Wii controller converter?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

It's time for JJOR64's stupid question of the day!

As I am a retarded monkey and I can't find anything about this, I'm going to ask my fellow bombers for help.  Does there exist a controller converter so I can use my Xbox 360 Arcade stick on my Wii?  Why do I want one of these?  So I don't have to buy an arcade stick for my Wii.  The thing that's holding me back from buying TvC is the arcade stick.  Since I'm low on money, I can't afford to get the game and the stick together and I don't want to play TvC with a pad.  I know there is a PS2 to Wii controller converter so these kinds of things do exist.

So can anyone out there answer this question for me?
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Don't think so. Just buy TVC. It's perfectly playable with the CC, it only has 4 main buttons unlike regular SF, and one of them is the tag.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Godwind

Depends, are you using a classic controller pro?

There are alternatives such as the Hori Fighting Stick.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By agentboolen

I wouldn't mind a Xbox 360 - Wii controller converter, the Xbox 360 controller alone blows the Wii's classic controller away.  I would buy one if they ever made it.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By demontium
    @JJOR64 said:
    "

It's time for JJOR64's stupid question of the day!

As I am a retarded monkey and I can't find anything about this, I'm going to ask my fellow bombers for help.  Does there exist a controller converter so I can use my Xbox 360 Arcade stick on my Wii?  Why do I want one of these?  So I don't have to buy an arcade stick for my Wii.  The thing that's holding me back from buying TvC is the arcade stick.  Since I'm low on money, I can't afford to get the game and the stick together and I don't want to play TvC with a pad.  I know there is a PS2 to Wii controller converter so these kinds of things do exist.  So can anyone out there answer this question for me? "
    Yes, but you have to mod it yourself.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Over at the SRK forums there are ways to turn your 360 fightstick so that it's Wii-compatible.  It's...rather extensive though as it requires soldering.  If you want to do it then there are tutorials in the forums.  If you want to pay somebody to do it then you can post in their Buying/Selling forum to request a modder.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Godwind

Actually, I just found an interesting video that might be able to help you.

@JJOR64:

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By demontium
    @Godwind said:
    " Actually, I just found an interesting video that might be able to help you.

@JJOR64:

"
    Unfortunatley, that will not work with TvC, as the 8 button setup does not correspond with GCN controller recognition, you need to get a cable that connects to the back of the wiimote like the TvC sticks. 

I already did it, it works real snazzy.
    JohnRehill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JohnRehill

That would be cool for TvC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.