Titanfall is a sci-fi multiplayer first-person shooter developed by Respawn and published by Electronic Arts for the Xbox One and PC (via Origin) on March 11, 2014. It was later released for the Xbox 360 (ported by Bluepoint) on April 8, 2014.
Set in the distant outer space colonies of the far future, Titanfall chronicles the civil war between the Interstellar Mining Corporation (IMC), a megalithic corporation set to harvest the resources of the Frontier colonies for profit, and the Militia that resists them. Along with a wide variety of infantry weapons, special abilities, and AI squads, the primary mode of combat for the agile player-controlled soldiers (called "Pilots") are hulking agile mechanical mech-suits called "Titans".
It is the first game from Respawn Entertainment, a company founded by former Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella after their termination by Activision. The game was directed by Steve Fukuda (previously a lead designer for the Call of Duty series up until Modern Warfare 2) and produced by Drew McCoy (who also worked on Modern Warfare 2).
Multiplayer provides traditional matches between two opposing teams. Players start the match on foot and, as they complete objectives or earn kills, are eventually able to have their mech dropped into the match. XP is earned for what you do in the match with the point value popping up on screen with each kill and objective completion. Players on foot are not completely vulnerable to mechs as they are each armed with an 'anti-titan' heavy weapon such as a rocket launcher.
Players, known in-game as pilots, are equipped with a jump kit device when on foot that grants them ability to wall run and double jump. Players will also have better survivability than in similar games like Call of Duty to ease the of frustration of dying constantly when first getting to grips with the game. To counter this, multiplayer games will be populated with AI opponents so that most players are still able to achieve a steady rate of kills.
Along with the game's Classic Multiplayer playlists, Titanfall includes a Campaign Multiplayer playlist which serves as the game's primary campaign. It consists of a series of nine missions, each with a specific map and game mode (either Attrition or Hardpoint), which can be played from either faction. Each side offers their own unique storyline for each mission delivered through extended intro/outro sequences, atmospheric changes, and additional radio chatter during the match (which syncs up for both IMC and Militia players).
Regardless of whether the player wins or loses the match, finishing the match allows the campaign to progress to the next mission. Completing the entire campaign unlocks new Titan chassis options for custom Titan loadouts.
- The Refueling Raid (Hardpoint Domination on Fracture)
- The Colony (Attrition on Colony)
- The Odyssey (Attrition on Relic)
- Get Barker (Attrition on Angel City)
- Assault on the Sentinel (Attrition on Outpost 207)
- Here Be Dragons (Hardpoint Domination on Boneyard)
- The Three Towers (Attrition on Airbase)
- The Battle of Demeter (Hardpoint Domination on Demeter)
- Made Men (Hardpoint Domination on Corporate)
- Attrition - A variation of the traditional "Team Deathmatch" mode, teams earn points by eliminating their enemies, whether it's AI minions (one point each), Pilots (four points each) or Titans (five points each).
- Hardpoint Domination - Traditional "Domination" mode. Teams earn points by capturing and maintaining each of three designated "hardpoints" located at different parts of the battlefield.
- Capture the Flag - Traditional "Capture the Flag" mode. Teams must protect their flag while attempting to retrieve their enemy's flag.
- Pilot Hunter - Traditional "Team Deathmatch" mode. Teams earn points by eliminating enemy Pilots.
- Last Titan Standing - A variation of the traditional "Last Man Standing" mode, players spawn in a Titan and cannot respawn. Teams win each round by eliminating all enemy Titans. This mode does not have an Epilogue.
All primary weapons have Extended Magazine and Suppressor.
- R-101C Carbine - Fully-automatic assault rifle good for medium-ranged combat. Can equip different sights (HCOG, Holosight, AOG). Unique mod: Recoil Compensator (which reduces recoil while firing).
- EVA-8 Shotgun - Semi-automatic shotgun. Unique mod: Leadwall (which increases the weapon's spread, reducing effectiveness on single targets while increasing effectiveness on groups of targets).
- Smart Pistol MK5 - Semi-automatic handgun with an easy targeting system (that automatically locks on to multiple targets, in close range, while not zoomed). Unique mod: Enhanced Training (which increases the speed in which it locks on to enemies, but restricts the targeting window).
- R-97 Compact SMG - Fully-automatic compact submachine gun with a very fast rate-of-fire. Unique mod: Scatterfire (which increases the rate-of-fire even further, at the cost of some accuracy).
- Longbow-DMR Sniper - Semi-automatic sniper rifle. Unqiue mod: Stabilizer (which reduces the amount of movement sway while zoomed in).
- G2A4 Rifle - Semi-automatic battle rifle. Unique mod: Match Trigger (which increases the weapon's firing speed).
- Hemlok BF-R - Burst-fire battle rifle that fires three rounds per shot. Unique mod: Starburst (which allows it to fire five rounds per shot).
- C.A.R. SMG - Fully-automatic submachine gun. Unique mod: Counterweight (which reduces hip-fire recoil).
- Spitfire LMG - Fully-automatic light machine gun. Unique mod: Slammer (which increases the damage given from rodeo attacks against Titans).
- Kraber-AP Sniper - Bolt-action sniper rifle that deals incredible damage (automatically killing any foe). However, projectiles have a travel time and must be led against moving targets. Like the Longbow-DMR Sniper, players can equip the Stabilizer mod on it.
Unlike primary weapons, sidearms have no attachments or mods.
- RE-45 Autopistol - Fully-automatic handgun. A high rate-of-fire makes it useful for close-range combat, but its limited accuracy and damage makes it weak at longer ranges.
- Hammond P2011 - Semi-automatic handgun. Its balanced stats and integrated "match trigger" (allowing a high rate-of-fire) makes it decent at all ranges (especially medium-range).
- B3 Wingman - Semi-automatic revolver. Very high accuracy and damage makes it powerful at long ranges, but its slower rate of fire and limited magazine size makes it tougher to use at close ranges.
- Archer Heavy Rocket
- Mag Launcher
- Charge Rifle
- Frag Grenade
- Arc Grenade
- Satchel Charge
- Arc Mine
- Active Radar Pulse
- Enhanced Parkour Kit
- Explosives Pack
- Power Cell
- Run N Gun Kit
- Quick Reload Kit
- Stealth Kit
- Dome-Shield Battery
- Minion Detector
- Warpfall Transmitter
- Dead Man's Trigger
- The 'Icepick'
- Guardian Chip
The base game includes 15 playable maps, with additional maps as downloadable content. The pre-release beta for Titanfall included only Fracture and Angel City.
- Angel City
- Outpost 207
- Smuggler's Cove
- Training Ground
|OS||Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 64-Bit|
|Processor||AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz|
|Graphics Card||ATI Radeon HD 4770 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT|
|Graphics Memory||512 MB|
|Service||Requires Origin Client|