Tekken Revolution is a Free To Play fighting game released on June 12th 11, 2013 for the Playstation PlayStation 3 via the Playstation networkPlayStation Network. Players can fight online or play an arcade ladder with support for micro transactions microtransactions in the game.
Arcade - Your standard arcade ladder. A single player mode with 1 v 1 best 2 out of 3 matches.
Ranked Match - Online play with other players over Playstation Network in which players can attempt to bolster their online rankings.
Player Match - Friendly matches online that have no bearing on player rank.
Character Enchancement - Bolster your fighters with earned skill points in various categories
Players start with eight characters as matches and battles are won they can level up unlocking more possible skill points that can be applied. Skill points need to be actually bought with fight money once unlocked to be applied.
The three stat categories are as follows:
- Power - Attack strength level this up and you will hit harder with your attacks
- Endurance - The over all Hit Points your character has before they will be K.O.'ed in battle
- Vigor - Higher the vigor the higher chance of critical hits or entering a "rage" state
Free to Play Model
There are four types of currency needed to play matches in Tekken Revolution:
- Arcade Coins - Used to play Arcade Battle up to two are held at any time they refill after 60 minutes
- Battle Coins - Used for Ranking or Player battles five are held and they refill every 30 minutes
- Premium Tickets - Earned through various in-game tasks they can be used for any mode
- Premium Tokens - Bought with real money through Playstation Network and used for any game mode
Earning Premium Tickets
Ways to earn Premium Ticket(s) are as follows
- x1 Ticket
- Beat Arcade Mode Once
- Beat Arcade Mode 10 Times
- Win 5 Matches (Total)
- Win 10 Matches (Total)
- Win 30 Matches (Total)
- Win a match while using ONLY a Premium Ticket or Premium Coin
Premium Coins work exactly the same as Premium Tickets they can only be consumed when you have run out of the Token you are attempting to use Arcade or Online. When you win a match you are "refunded" one Token in the form of Premium Ticket to continue playing similar to an Arcade Machine. If you lose you have the option to use another coin or buy more.
The coins can be purchased from the PSN store for in bundles of 4, 10 and 30
- 4 Coins $.99 (~$.25 each)
- 10 Coins $1.99 (~$.20 each)
- 30 Coins $4.99 (~$.17 each)
Winning with regular tokens doesn't win you back anything unless you reach one of the benchmarks.
Gift Point Rewards
Gift Points are earned through simply playing matches and are awarded alongside any G or XP earned in the match. Gift Points are used to unlock gifts as specific tiers of points.
- 1,000 Gift Points - 1st Random Character Unlock
- 7,000 Gift Points - 2nd Random Character Unlock
- 10,000 Gift Points - 100,000 G and 1 Premium Ticket
- 20,000 Gift Points - 100,000 G and 1 Premium Ticket
- 30,000 Gift Points - 3rd Random Character Unlock
- 40,000 Gift Points - 100,000 G and 1 Premium Ticket
- 50,000 Gift Points - 100,000 G and 1 Premium Ticket
- 60,000 Gift Points - 4th Random Character Unlock
As of the first release on June 11th 2013 only Alisa, Steve, Bryan and Leo are unlockable in the game. The order at which they are unlocked is completely random.
There are eight starting characters. New characters can be earned as random drops unlocks as players earn specific thresholds of "Gift Points" for winning matches.
- Paul Phoenix
- Asuka Kazama
- Kazuya Mishima
- Lili Rochefort
- Alisa Bosconovitch
- Steve Fox
- Bryan Fury
- Jinpachi Mishima
- Heihachi Mishima
- True Ogre