Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a sequel to Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. The game's newest feature is that each vehicle can now transform into three different types of transportation. New characters include Skies of Arcadia hero Vyse, and Gilius Thunderhead from the Golden Axe series. One of the more unusual character inclusions is that of real-life NASCAR racer Danica Patrick. There are more than twenty five characters with most of them having a different home track. Up to four players (or five on Wii U) can play at once in the game's campaign or dedicated multiplayer modes including online play.
The PC version uses Steam for achievements and online play.
|AiAi||Super Monkey Ball|
|Alex Kidd||Alex Kidd|
|Amigo||Samba De Amigo|
|Amy Rose||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Avatar (Xbox 360 Exclusive)||Xbox 360|
|B.D. Joe||Crazy Taxi|
|Beat||Jet Set Radio|
|Dr. Robotnik||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Football Manager (PC Exclusive)||Football Manager|
|Gilius Thunderhead||Golden Axe|
|Gum||Jet Set Radio|
|Knuckles||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Mee Mee||Super Monkey Ball|
|Metal Sonic (Wii U and Bonus Edition Exclusive) (DLC)||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Mii (Wii U Exclusive)||Nintendo|
|Pudding||Space Channel 5|
|Shadow the Hedgehog||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Shogun (PC Exclusive)||Shogun: Total War|
|Sonic the Hedgehog||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Tails||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Spy, Heavy, Pyro (PC Exclusive)||Team Fortress|
|Ulala||Space Channel 5|
|Vyse||Skies of Arcadia|
|Ocean View||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Samba Studios||Samba De Amigo|
|Carrier Zone||After Burner|
|Dragon Canyon||Panzer Dragoon|
|Temple Trouble||Super Monkey Ball|
|Galactic Parade||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Rogue's Landing||Skies of Arcadia|
|Chilly Castle||Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg|
|Graffiti City||Jet Set Radio|
|Sanctuary Falls||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Graveyard Gig||House of the Dead|
|Adder's Lair||Golden Axe|
|Burning Depths||Burning Rangers|
|Race of Ages||Sega|
|Sunshine Tour||Samba De Amigo|
|Shibuya Downtown||Jet Set Radio|
|Roulette Road||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Egg Hangar||Sonic the Hedgehog|
Downloadable Tracks/Bonus Tracks
|Neon Docks||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Battle Bay||After Burner|
|Creepy Courtyard||House of the Dead|
|Rooftop Rumble||Jet Set Radio|
|Monkey Ball Park||Super Monkey Ball|
There are a number of game modes that can be used in all of the game's tracks.
- Football Manager, Shogun, and Team Fortress team are playable.
- The only version capable of running at 60 frames per second.
- There is no Bonus Edition of the PC version, leaving Metal Sonic and the Outrun Downloadable track as DLC only.
- Uses Steam for online support such as achievements and online play.
- No distinct differences from the other versions.
- Avatars are playable once unlocked.
Wii UThe Wii U Game Pad provides a map on the screen.
- Miis are playable once unlocked.
- Up to five players can play on one console with one player on the Game Pad.
- If there is no player on the Game Pad, it turns into a map that can also provide a rear view if held up to the screen. It also shows a chase cam for items that are fired at other players. It also shows which player is in what place and what item they are holding. When playing with more than one player, the map will center around the lead human player.
- The Game Pad also provides for off-TV play by sliding down on the touch screen. Slide back up to return the screen to the TV.
- Motion controls can be used with Wii Remotes or the Wii U Game Pad.
- Contains two Party Game modes Ninja Tag and Banana Heist exclusive to this version. Neither mode can be played online however.
- Metal Sonic and the Outrun DLC are provided for free as the Wii U version does not support microtransactions.
- Each race goes up to eight opponents as opposed to 10 on console versions.
- You cannot play World Tour mode with friends.
- This version is built from the ground-up separate from the other versions of the game.
- As a result, characters and tracks have lower detail due to system performance.