SettingSet in a satirical kingdom
Armed and Dangerous takes place in a small, fictional country called Milola which is under the tyrannical rule of the evil King Forge. The game centers around a band of thieves and the only militant resistance to the King, a group called the Lionhearts by the people for their bravery. The group is led by a career criminal named Roman, his childhood friend Jonesy, one of the King's tea-obsessed robot bodyguards-gone-rogue named Q, and Roman's adopted father, Rexus.
The eventual goal of the game is to 'pull off the ultimate heist' and recover the Book of Rule, an ancient artifact with the power to destroy the King's empire.
Roman is the game's playable character. Raised in poverty and having to scrape by any way he can, Roman is the sort of man that anyone would want by their side when the bullets start flying. He is clever, courageous, and cocky; A master thief and extremely skilled with many weapons...on the outside he appears to believe that the King's iron grip on the world is insurmountable, it's a dog eat dog world, but inside he really has a glowing heart and would do anything for his mates.
- Roman is armed with a Hawkings rifle, Flemming Machine Gun and Sticky Grenades.
- Rexus is his father figure.
- Wears the mask to look like a bandit.
- Has a stereotypical Cockney accent.
Jonesy is an anthropomorphic mole who happens to be Roman's oldest friend, He's an explosive expert and loves nothing more than a good old-fashioned bomb, as he tends to identify with anything that blows up when messed with. Jonesy's a rather irritable moleman and is short of stature and patience. His homeland was destroyed by King Forge, He cares about nothing and nobody except for Roman and Q; as they're all he has in the world. First and foremost he believes the Lionhearts should look out for themselves and make off with the loot, wherever the loot may be.
- Jonesy laughs at explosions.
- Has a twisted sense of humour.
- Takes on enemies with his twin set of Molmers Pistols.
- Is quite belligerent.
- Curses a lot.
- Jonesy has a Scottish accent.
QThe Shark Gun
Originally one of the King's elite robotic guards, Q became painfully self aware during a tea experiment, and found himself attempting a conversation with a conveyor belt. He tried to convince the other robots to leave with him, but they were programmed to ignore everyone except King Forge's officers. Q was charged and sent to prison, marked for the scrap heap. Where Roman and Jonesy found him, Roman was the first fellow to ever treat Q like a person and so they became good friends. Q has taken upon himself the duty of being Roman's servant, often making him tea and being fiercely protective of him. Q is a vain, well-spoken, and debonair robot... although he never, ever refers to himself as a robot. He is more refined than the other Lionhearts, and tends to have his own level of humour.Rexus
- Has his own customised Chaingun.
- Easily distracted, slow witted, calm and relaxed.
- Is known to adopt a 'surfers accent'.
- His plans often don't have the desired effect.
- Gives Roman tea in the midst of battle.
- Believes that Roman wears his mask to hide bad teeth.
Rexus was once a world-famous seer, but a certain head trauma he received 31 years ago has made his ability to remember his past a bit foggy. Actually, he can't remember anything. Over the years he has degenerated into blindness, madness, and smelliness. He is universally hated for losing the Book of Rule, and so moved to Bergog Wasteland to escape persecution. Rexus is ancient, filthy, smells like a cesspit, and is constantly followed by a cloud of flies, which he refers to as "his only friends". Although blind, Rexus has a powerful sixth sense, although he thinks it's due to the huge glass eyes he sometimes stuffs into his sockets.
- King Forge wants him captured.
- Sealed the 'Book of Rule' with a magic spell and made it into a book about basket weaving, which bizarrely causes those who read it to become obsessed with weaving baskets of all sizes.
- Has a bad memory and is going senile.
- Appears to have had an interesting relationship history.
- Has two glass eyes, although he only wears one during most of the game.
- Still has some amount of power, and uses it to help the Lionhearts occasionally, for example getting some of the King's guards to surrender by convincing them they're French causing them to drop their weapons and run away.
PC System Requirements
- Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
- Pentium III or AMD Athlon 1GHz Processor
- 256MB RAM
- 32MB 3D Video Card
- DirectX Compatible Audio Device
- 4X CD-ROM
- DirectX 9.1
- 4.5GB Hard Drive