Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WildStar

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 03, 2014

Developed by Carbine Studios and published by NCsoft, WildStar is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy MMORPG.

Should I dive into this?

Demoninu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

So I played the mess out of the beta and really enjoyed wildstar. Thoughts on how its going to turn out? Are the pre-order things worth it? I do know the couple friends I had planned on starting with are not going to be getting it. So I'm kinda on the fence now.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I'm going to wait until there is no cost up front and the game is truly free to play, whether that means waiting six months or a year. As much as I'm looking for something new to play, WildStar just looks too generic and doesn't seem like it's offering anything truly unique or ground breaking at this point. NCSoft's games generally do not interest me whatsoever, and with Carbine not having any previously shipped games...eh, buying in early doesn't seem like a wise choice. WildStar is already "half free to play", it's only a matter of time before the business model changes.

Maybe see what the state of the game and community looks like in 45-60 days or so and how the early adopters are feeling about it at that time.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@mb said:

WildStar is already "half free to play"

What do you mean by that?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

@subjugation: Check out the WildStar business model. You buy the game up front which comes with 30 days of subscription, then after that you can either continue paying the monthly fee, or you can pay for your game time with their in-game currency, "C.R.E.D.D". The currency can be earned in game, traded and sold between players, or purchased from Carbine. It's a hybrid Free to Play system, somewhat similar to EVE.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you played the beta and really liked it then you should go for it. There is probably never going to be a better time to get into it then right now, when everyone else is.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm liking it. Nothing new, but it's polished. I expect to see a free ESO faster than a free Wildstar

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes. It's a fantastically polished MMO. I would say from my experience (a lot of the beta) that is is on par in terms of content/polish as World of Warcraft. NCsoft really seems to have hit a home run with this, and I hope it sticks.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

The game is amazing. People waiting for it to go free to play are going to be waiting for a while. This isn't another shitty MMO - this is a true MMO that is going to be around for a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I really enjoy. I've been mmo hopping for a while and I think this is finally it for me. Has a good combination of lore, fun combat, and actual content to do. Also yeah that combat is fun as heck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.