Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Windjammers

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 17, 1994

Two athletes are pitted against each other in a grueling battle of special abilities, mind games, and throwing discs. It will blow you away.

Windjammers Clone - College Project

ravage484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With the crazy amount of Windjammers on the site, I decided to create a clone as a project for my Building Games course. And then I got to thinking...how awesome would it be, if the game had the GB crew as the games characters? Anyone else think this would be cool? I'm pretty jazzed about creating the clone, but I think this would be a cool addition as a tribute to the guys that brought this great game back to light haha.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Woah, are we back in 2013?

ravage484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie: Haha it's become a staple game in my house, so I'm still pretty into it. How could you not be?!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Someone in this community is literally making this game as we speak. Certainly they will rear their wonderful head here soon.

ravage484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Oh I hope so! I thought I read about one being made a while ago..

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravage484: Yeah, I was just saying someone is doing this too lol. Yeah, the game is pretty great.

lennyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Who cares if somebody else is doing it too, go for it! It's something you'll enjoy for your course anyway.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@ravage484 said:

@geraltitude: Oh I hope so! I thought I read about one being made a while ago..

Actually, at least two other people are (or at least once were) making a project like this.

Maybe you guys could pool in all your resources into a larger project? I guess your college wouldn't be into that though. I guess that if three games are being developed in parallel, there are likely to be neat individual ideas each of you may have that would work better as parts of a larger sum.

Just a suggestion. Good luck with your project!

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By futurstock

i bet it would be really hard to clone the gameplay

(momentum and all those hot! power disc physics)

i'd love to see it though :]

ravage484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so after a few months of goofing around with Unity, and two or three real weeks of work I have created GHARGE!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh5sjdnigyc6sjz/GHARGE%21%20DEMO%201.2.zip

It's pretty experimental, as I'm adding new things to it everyday, but I think it's pretty fun!

Controls are the same, left stick for movement and A button for everything else. No lob throw yet though. Requires Xbox 360 controllers to be hooked up BEFORE running the game, as most Unity developed games go.

Let me know what you guys think!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.