Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WipEout HD

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 25, 2008

The futuristic racing and combat of the Wipeout universe makes its first PlayStation 3 appearance as a downloadable game on PlayStation Network.

Beat Zico with minimal effort?

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By tebbit

Before you get your hopes up, I don't know how do do it (I am currently stuck on 31.20 or something ridiculously close). 

ANYWAY my question is, firstly, does anyone else have this trophy, and secondly, is there a way to get it that doesn't involve what I'm doing now? 

(which, for those that are interested, consists of using the boost on that first straight, getting those 2 barrel rolls off, very rarely getting the 3rd on that stupid ramp, dropping down from the ramp to the speed-pad on the lower level for the fourth barrel roll, rinse and repeat for 40 laps before I go insane). 

It drives me nuts that I can't get this, no matter how well I feel the lap went!
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AuthenticM

No, you can't do it with minimal effort. There's a reason people say this is one of the hardest trophies, accross the entire PS3 library, to get. I got the trophy last week; my time: 30.68s. This is the method I used; it's the most efficient one. Took me about an hour and a half to get the trophy.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

i feel your pain bro - i got so damn close - milliseconds in fact before i gave in- still no closer ot this day

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By shrig32

Crazy hard. One day... One day...

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PenguinNerd

Yeah, there's really no such thing as getting this with minimal effort.  What you're doing now is how I did it.  I'm lucky I'm pretty good about controlling any anger I might have cause needless to say I wanted to break a few controllers getting it.  The third barrel roll is a pain but after enough tries you can develop a strategy for it and become pretty consistent with it.  That was honestly my only problem as all the other barrel rolls were fine.  There's a video on youtube I found one night that showed a good way at trying to launch up and get the third barrel roll.  I'll try to explain the best I can.

Basically you'll get the inside on the turn right before the ramp.  You'll get to a point where you can head directly towards the far right corner of the track where it ramps up.  Once you ramp off the track (you should be to the right of the overpass) very quickly aim your ship left and go for the barrel roll.  You SHOULD be able to get the barrel roll, land on the the overpass and straighten yourself out.  There's really nothing you can do right now to make it less hard you're just going to have to keep trying until you get that lap where you do everything right.

I hate hearing people say it cause I felt like it didn't help me but the following is very true.... keep trying, you'll get it eventually.  It took me about two nights of 4-5 hours play sessions (with breaks :P ) to get this...but once I did I was one happy camper.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.