Whiskey Media Intern-Watch 2011: Operation Happy Hour

Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

Have you ever wondered what it takes to make a Whiskey Media happy hour? Well here's your chance to check out a gallery of pre/during/post show images to let you know what's up. (For what exactly is going on in these photos check them out in my image gallery)

This live show was especially chaotic because a few minutes before the show was scheduled to start, the sites went down. On top of this all of our Top Men™ were on an important Top Mission. But as soon as the signal was sent out, they were able to get back to Whiskey HQ to fix the sites so you could all enjoy last week's happy hour.

#1 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

Have you ever wondered what it takes to make a Whiskey Media happy hour? Well here's your chance to check out a gallery of pre/during/post show images to let you know what's up. (For what exactly is going on in these photos check them out in my image gallery)

This live show was especially chaotic because a few minutes before the show was scheduled to start, the sites went down. On top of this all of our Top Men™ were on an important Top Mission. But as soon as the signal was sent out, they were able to get back to Whiskey HQ to fix the sites so you could all enjoy last week's happy hour.

#2 Posted by mracoon (4914 posts) -

Cool behind the scenes photos. Who are the two dudes in the last pic of the top row? I don't recognise them.

#3 Posted by Sweep (8534 posts) -

That studio is so messy. I couldn't deal with all those wires all jumbled up like that.

Vinny should know better than to cross the streams :|

#4 Posted by Pop (2529 posts) -

What is Vinny and Drew doing in the second to last pic? hahaha awesome!

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (34573 posts) -
#6 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

@mracoon: Two fans who emailed Ethan requesting to come watch the live show.

#7 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

The amount of wires boggles my mind. When you watch the show, it's all nice and neat. The magic of off camera, nice picks. Ethan should be proud of this blog as it has many pictures.

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19135 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

lolwut? You can do that? That's so random.
#9 Posted by Mento (2252 posts) -

The number of wires on the ground and the amount of scalding hot coffees being delivered around the Whiskey Media offices kind of hint to why there's so much intern turnover.

#10 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

@Mento: To quote Vin Deisel in Fast Five

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time."

#11 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

That seems like a very mess up, but there's no denying its effective. 
#12 Posted by Sparklykiss (1904 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
@GlenTennis said:

lolwut? You can do that? That's so random.
Ethan sent out a Tweet saying if you wanted to visit, shoot him a PM and they'd work out a Friday. 

Which is pretty much the coolest thing ever. 

And these photos are great. You're such a hard worker, GlenTennis.
#13 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -

I look I'm going supernova AND crazy at the same time.

#14 Posted by cooljammer00 (1278 posts) -

AHR looks so boss in that chair. 

Also, love the frantic hands of the video production crew.

#15 Edited by Crocio (542 posts) -

Wow, intense stuff for a superfluously styled program. Reminds me of oscar wilde's daily life.

#16 Posted by wumbo3000 (904 posts) -

wait what is vinny and drew doing in that second to last picture?  looks like their trippin out!

#17 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@wumbo3000 said:

wait what is vinny and drew doing in that second to last picture? looks like their trippin out!

I believe that's video magic. I'm not in the know, but that's the word on the street.

#18 Posted by PerryVandell (2100 posts) -

@mracoon said:

Cool behind the scenes photos. Who are the two dudes in the last pic of the top row? I don't recognise them.

I'm the guy on the right with the portal shirt :).

#19 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@Fullmetal216 said:

@mracoon said:

I would follow you, but I'm already following you. Awesome. What was it like being there?

#20 Posted by PerryVandell (2100 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Fullmetal216 said:

@mracoon said:

I would follow you, but I'm already following you. Awesome. What was it like being there?

It was surreal. I've watched a bunch of Happy Hours, but it was weird/awesome seeing it happen before my eyes. Had to bite my tongue during the Screened trivia part though. Technically that was my third visit to the office (first two involved internship interviews) but still got tingles when walking into the office. It was nice of Ethan to invite people to see where the magic happens.

#21 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@Fullmetal216: Is Ethan as scary as they say he is? He seems to be in charge, well of interns. So I would guess he acts as such. I like him though, he seems like a drill instructor from the military.

#22 Posted by PerryVandell (2100 posts) -

@Claude: He's a really nice guy, though I wouldn't dare cross him. To do so would invoke a wrath rivaling the might of Cthulhu. He's also an eagle scout, which I think means he can summon eagles to his command. I've yet to test that theory.

#23 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@Fullmetal216 said:

@Claude: He's a really nice guy, though I wouldn't dare cross him. To do so would invoke a wrath rivaling the might of Cthulhu. He's also an eagle scout, which I think means he can summon eagles to his command. I've yet to test that theory.

That's right, he is an Eagle Scout. Shit, that even scares me and I'm thousands of miles away posting on the forums. I've read his tweets and he's also a good farm hand. Crap, don't fuck with Ethan, he's the salt of the earth.

#24 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Fullmetal216 said:

That's right, he is an Eagle Scout. Shit, that even scares me and I'm thousands of miles away posting on the forums. I've read his tweets and he's also a good farm hand. Crap, don't fuck with Ethan, he's the salt of the earth.

Ethan is a great boss and an even better man.

He totally isn't the kind of person who would read something you posted about him in your blog and lock you in the storage closet for 6 hours while providing only slim jims for sustenance. No... not that kind of person at all...

#25 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@GlenTennis: Not even if it were for your own good Ben. You'll never do bad again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.