Help me understand this game.

#1 Posted by therabidfrog (349 posts) -

I missed the Wizardry series and games like it back in the day, but I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now and I'm having a blast. What confuses me is the leveling system. More so that you don't always gain stats when you level up, but instead might lose stats or gain on some and lose on others. I get, to a degree, that if I add too many points in, for instance, strength to my thief they may lose strength when they level as it's not a main skill for that class. On the other hand my warrior may lose strength during one level and gain a stat that's useless to them like piety. What causes this? Is that how the leveling system plays out each time or do choices in quests, armor, or anything else go into effecting how my stats change when leveling up? To clarify I understand how wearing pieces of armor can change stats. What confuses me is how stats increase of decrease when achieving a higher level.

Plus any other tips would be helpful.

#2 Posted by therabidfrog (349 posts) -

Bizump

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.