Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wizorb

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 28, 2011

A fantasy Arkanoid-style game for multiple platforms. As an eccentric wizard who transforms into a ball, you must lift the evil curse that has been placed on your kingdom!

Late game Wizorb sucks

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mnzy

Take this as a warning or a rant thread or whatever, but I think the later parts of Wizorb are TERRIBLE. 

They make the game harder by putting blocks behind indestructible pieces in the last rows, knowing you can't aim that well, putting in enemies that shoot back and making you get up to 4 blocks have the same color to unlock parts of the level (they change colors when hit). 
    While all of this wouldn't be a problem by itself, they make you play through more than 10 levels at once in a chapter, only having your 3 lives. If you lose them, there are continues (3 for free, more for money), and while this might sound fair, it's not unlikely to run out of lives and continues on your last blocks in the last levels, because of course, the levels get harder and the ball gets faster the longer you play a level. 
    If you fail this, you have to start those 10+ levels all over, and they actually take quite some time to finish. 

I'm close to finishing it and will probably do so, but man, this is aweful and pretty sad, since the first half of the game is quite good.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mtcantor

How else to do ramp up a game as simple as this?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

The lack of precise control you brought up is why Breakout-style games and I do not get along.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mnzy

Like I said, the single levels are not the problem, I'm fine with hard parts in games. 
    It's that they are packing them together, 10 or more into one chapter, that you have to beat in one run. Exponential growth of difficulty is not a good idea if you don't give players the appropriate capabilities.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.