Wizorb Getting All Up in Your PlayStation

Posted by patrickklepek (4623 posts) -

WIZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOORB!

Look, you should play Wizorb. Who wouldn’t be into an Arkanoid RPG? That’s exactly what Tribute Games has put together with Wizorb. Once an Xbox Live Indie Games release, it's now a game you can play on a PC, Max, Linux, and, starting next week, it’ll be available as a PlayStation Mini.

By releasing as a PlayStation Mini, Wizorb will be playable on your PlayStation 3, PSP, and Vita.

The developers are still waiting for Sony Computer Entertainment America to sign off on Vita compatibility, but that’s already happened in Europe, and if it doesn’t happen at launch in the US, it’ll come soon after. It's Vita "compatible," though, which means it's emulated, and doesn't have Vita-specific features. It will still look super pretty.

Wizorb launches through PlayStation Network on July 25. I leave you with this:

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (4623 posts) -

WIZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOORB!

Look, you should play Wizorb. Who wouldn’t be into an Arkanoid RPG? That’s exactly what Tribute Games has put together with Wizorb. Once an Xbox Live Indie Games release, it's now a game you can play on a PC, Max, Linux, and, starting next week, it’ll be available as a PlayStation Mini.

By releasing as a PlayStation Mini, Wizorb will be playable on your PlayStation 3, PSP, and Vita.

The developers are still waiting for Sony Computer Entertainment America to sign off on Vita compatibility, but that’s already happened in Europe, and if it doesn’t happen at launch in the US, it’ll come soon after. It's Vita "compatible," though, which means it's emulated, and doesn't have Vita-specific features. It will still look super pretty.

Wizorb launches through PlayStation Network on July 25. I leave you with this:

Staff
#2 Posted by Bummey (608 posts) -

the wizard

#3 Posted by PKHilson (205 posts) -

Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

#4 Posted by TheFakePsychic (194 posts) -

WIZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRB!

#5 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

A reason to use my psv again! Kinda glad I didn't buy it elsewhere!

#6 Posted by ESREVER (2691 posts) -

Wizorb on my Vita? Sold...AGAIN!

#7 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

I just bought this game from the Steam Summer sale for like $1.79 or something like that. Hearing ''Arkanoid RPG" sounds like something that would come out of What Would Molydeux, so it's gotta be interesting.

#8 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

This article just reminded me that I never got around to buying this even though it seemed interesting. $1.79 on steam, sold.

#9 Edited by Faramir82 (68 posts) -

Thanks Patrick for reminding me about this game, a must purchase from Steam when I leave work. Arkanoid was a favorite arcade game as a kid, and adding the RPG elements sounds amazing.

#10 Posted by mbr2 (566 posts) -

ORBFACE

#11 Posted by heatDrive88 (2339 posts) -

If you haven't bought this already on Steam for like $2, then you're a fucking failure at life.

Jussayin'.

#12 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

I got this game because the QL.

#13 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

WIZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRB!

#14 Edited by Doppelgamer (320 posts) -

Already got it on Steam for less than $2, and it has achievements. This being a mini, it likely does not have Trophies. :(

#15 Posted by Sunspots (185 posts) -

How many monies for psn version?

#16 Posted by Bwgmon (69 posts) -

Anything you can do, the great and powerful Wizorb can do better.

...just don't shrink into oblivion.

#17 Posted by BeachThunder (11942 posts) -

AHH HA HA HA HA HA!

#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

Bought it on Steam just the other day, it's pretty fun and a good podcast listening game.

#19 Posted by 1DER (82 posts) -

@Sunspots: $3.99 USD

#20 Posted by Ouren (136 posts) -

I'll be getting this.

PORTA-BLISS~!

#21 Posted by Frobitz (188 posts) -

Not Wizball :-(

#22 Posted by Evercaptor (391 posts) -

I just love playin Wizorb on my Max. Best platform going!

#23 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Wizooooorb~

#24 Posted by MEATBALL (3242 posts) -

Can't wait to be able to play Wizorb on Vita.

#25 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

This looks awesome. May need to get this.

#26 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

Went ahead and snagged it (and a couple of copies to gift) on Steam today for $1.79. My wife is/was a huge DX Ball fan back in the day, she should like this game, but she'll probably just bitch about the RPG elements of the game detracting from the block breaking parts.

#27 Posted by ElvishPresley (86 posts) -

Ohhhhhh MAN so jazzed. Uncharted, Journey, Dyad, and now this are all making me very happy I went with a PS3 instead of a 360.

#28 Posted by Mandrewgora (193 posts) -

I'd play the hell outa that game again.

#29 Posted by CaptainInvictus (198 posts) -

@ElvishName said:

Ohhhhhh MAN so jazzed. Uncharted, Journey, Dyad, and now this are all making me very happy I went with a PS3 instead of a 360.

But...this was out on 360 long before PS3?...

#30 Posted by EternalHaV0C (68 posts) -

I am disappointed by the lack of Breakout references. Everyone should buy this game though, it is awesome.

#31 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

It's a dollar and some change on Steam right now, you guys.

#32 Posted by Goblin (173 posts) -

Oh it. Is. On!

Being a Mini, the lower resolution and lack of trophies makes it a bit less appealing as a PS3 game, but it seems like a great fit for PSP. Being able to put the system to sleep would also make the game more suitable for shorter sessions.

#33 Posted by D (234 posts) -

Word! Love me some Orbs and Wizards. I could see this doing very well on handheld systems.

#34 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

That is at least the second most paedophile-looking wizard I have seen today

#35 Posted by GaylordButts (10 posts) -

W-W-Wizorb: now available on Max.

#36 Posted by ddensel (384 posts) -

Looks cool, and Wizorb is the greatest name for anything, ever.

#37 Posted by Aristides (89 posts) -

Hmmmmm the mouse controls on the PC seem like the best way to play this game. I'd recommend people get the steam version.

#38 Posted by Sunspots (185 posts) -

@1DER: I can afford that.

#39 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

If it's a mini that means no trophies :( Oh well I'll just get it on PC.

#40 Posted by probablytuna (3665 posts) -

Interesting... Might have another game to play on the Vita.

#41 Posted by logicfracture (158 posts) -

Just grabbed it on Steam. Looks really interesting and it's so cheap.

#42 Posted by RedFive (143 posts) -

I really dig the XBLIG version of Wizorb, but it would be pretty sweet to play it on the go.

#43 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Bought it on XBLI yesterday and I love it. Totally worth the $3.

#44 Posted by Tesla (1923 posts) -

Wizorb is dope.

#45 Posted by TigerDX (341 posts) -

I can play it on my Max? Awesome!

#46 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

WIIIIZZZZZOOOOORRRRRB

#47 Posted by Corvak (1077 posts) -

best part of this is how WIZZOOOORRRRB clips into the next article on the frontpage. XD

#48 Posted by Shinnizle (4 posts) -

It's pretty cool on Steam, so why not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.