Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 29, 2003

A free multiplayer-only standalone expansion to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, building on its team-based multiplayer with new weapons, reworked classes, multi-map campaigns, and player upgrades.

Best news I've ever heard, ever.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG

Some of you may be aware of id software's re-realease of Quake III arena as a free to play ad supported browser game, Quake Live. Apparently, it is a massive success. I know I have an account and have played for a few hours.

Due to this success, they're considering some more games to give the same treatment.
    According to Kotaku, Todd Hollenshead hassaid that they could give Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory the same treatment. Some of you may say "So what, Quake Wars: Enemy Territoy sucked." Yeah, it did. You know what that? Wolfenstein: ET was freaking awesome. A new wave of players, maybe a few new maps, and being rid of all the hackers and crappy mods that plagued the game late in its life is the greatest thing in the history of history. I'll never need to buy a new multiplayer FPS again.
    id, I beg of you, DO IT!
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Wolf ET was cool and free, and if they can do these free web projects while working on Rage and Doom 4, then that sounds fine with me.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

Isn't Enemy Territory already free?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BoG
    PureRok said:
    "Isn't Enemy Territory already free?"
    Yes, but it takes a long time to download, there aren't many players, there are tons of lame mods, and hackers run rampant. Really, it's dead. The in-browser game would give it more attention than it had gotten originally, a bigger user base, be easier to access, and just as awesome.
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Origina1Penguin

BoG, you just gave me the best news I've heard in four years...

The six original maps were the only ones I liked to play.  Venice was ok as well, and it was thrown into clan matches too.  ET Pro was the only mod I enjoyed.  Cheating did get pretty bad though.  The best is when you're sniping on stage 1 Fuel dump as Axis, and you get banned from the server because you're doing so well that everyone says you are cheating :P  I tell them to spec me, but really they just can't stand the shame.

I ♥ ET forever.  I hope it gets some rejuvenation.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BoG
    Origina1Penguin said:
    "BoG, you just gave me the best news I've heard in four years...The six original maps were the only ones I liked to play.  Venice was ok as well, and it was thrown into clan matches too.  ET Pro was the only mod I enjoyed.  Cheating did get pretty bad though.  The best is when you're sniping on stage 1 Fuel dump as Axis, and you get banned from the server because you're doing so well that everyone says you are cheating :P  I tell them to spec me, but really they just can't stand the shame.I ♥ ET forever.  I hope it gets some rejuvenation."
    I <3 people that love ET. <3 you.
    I don't know why, but the user made maps, for the most part, were never as good as the official ones. There were a few standouts, and I wouldn't be surprised if they put them in any new version, but it was all about Gold Rush and Rail Gun.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

I like free stuff.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoG
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "I like free stuff."
    Then you should be playing more Quake Live so id gives us more free stuff.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

I can't say that I played much of WET (hehehe), but it was mostly because I got captured by Battlefield by the time that WET came around.  =  /  If it were on the browser-based thing, though, I would probably check it out.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Daryl

I played ET for soooo long, loved that game. The mods were fucking weird though. Gold Rush was always my favourite map :)

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TehBuLL

really? best news ever?  ya might be overselling it by....alot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.