Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 20, 2014

Outnumbered and outgunned by high-tech Nazi forces, B.J. Blazkowicz returns to fight for an underground resistance movement in an alternate-historical 1960 where the Nazis won World War II and achieved global dominance.

Pre-Order Wolfenstein and get Doom 4 Beta Access

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

Ok this is also a way to sell this game. According to Bethesda you now et Doom 4 Beta Access if you pre-order the new Wolfenstein game which will be released on 23rd of May

Doom 4 is alive: pre-order the new Wolfenstein game and you'll get in the beta, publisher Bethesda has announced.

There's little else on id Software's long in-development shooter. We had thought it was called Doom 4, but today Bethesda referenced it only as Doom, so perhaps it's a reboot of sorts.

MachineGames' Wolfenstein: The New Order is due out on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on 23rd May 2014, so the beta won't be available until some point after then.

The news comes at the end of a new trailer for Wolfenstein, below. A Doom beta invitation will be included with a purchase of Wolfenstein.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-19-doom-4-is-alive-pre-order-wolfenstein-the-new-order-to-get-in-the-beta

Kind of a dick move,. but I am pretty sure it will help the sales of this game^^

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By emoney244

These "exclusive" betas always come out another way; Uncharted, Medal of Honor. Weird to think Doom 4 is still a thing anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom 4 is still a thing? id hasn't been delegated to engine development? That's kinda surprising.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more important thing to me is that 'wtf doom 4.' I didn't know it existed let alone nearing a beta stage

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    Technically, it might not be
    Technically, it might not be "Doom 4".

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I seem like the only person on the planet who thinks that Wolfenstein The New Order might be worth a damn, so this should make the deal that much better right? Right?

Well, it would if anything of this new Doom game had been shown. I'm wondering just where the game is. If it's going to be ready for beta in any sort of timely manner, you would think that some kind of gameplay trailer would have been shown by now, or at least a teaser. Something that tells me more than "it's another game with Doom in the title."

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Just watched the trailer and was super hyped about shooting nazi robots with dual wielded assault rifles and the that Doom Beta logo showed up and literally went: "what the fuck?" because I forgot this game existed....

For a game with zero actual info or footage I sense a strong "beta coming out whenever we feel like it" situation coming up. Same shit happened with the GR: Future Soldier beta that was included with Splinter Cell Conviction.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom 'beta'. What the hell is Doom Deathmatch is this day and age? Will it be a throwback? I don't think it can hang with the kids in the MP shooter genre anymore. And the MP in RAGE was that car combat thing wasn't it? Which kinda wasn't my favourite part about RAGE. It also had that horde co-op thing which seemed kinda cool. This is just all kinds of weird.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By Danteveli

Now I'm really interested in what would be the beta like.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I don't think that's a dick move... Probably there will be other ways to get in to the beta later so this is a nice reward for people whose fandom is too intense and/or actually are buying Wolfenstein.

The cross-over of people who are super hardcore id fans, want Wolfenstein, and want Doom is probably significant.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Gosh.. I'm really interested in both Wolfenstein, but especially Doom.. But, ah well they'll release it digitally anyway. I'd rather get it that way. My stubbornness might win, because its the same game anyway. Yay. *big stupid grin.* :)

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been interested solely on Wolfenstein since that silly E3 trailer and the recent one only made me more excited. Doom beta could be nice, but it's definetly no selling-point for me. A crazier-than-average FPS is what I'm looking for! Haven't played one of those since...Bullestorm, I guess? That's two years too many!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.