Get Wolfenstein for FREE

• 52 results
#1 Posted by dv8withn8 (4 posts) -

Raven designer, Manveer Heir, is offering to pay for your copy of Wolfenstein if the game outsells Madden 10 this month. So keep your receipts, you never know.

His original messages:

Quote:
Here's the deal folks: if Wolfenstein outsells Madden 10 in August I will personally pay for your copy (keep your receipt) - SPREAD THE WORD

And so everyone knows I'll be using the NPD numbers to determine if we outsold Madden 10 - but anyone can be reimbursed worldwide   

Rules clarification since I'm getting questions: Any platform, using NPD numbers, need a copy of your receipt, you must follow me on Twitter 

Rules clarification continued: Limit one free copy per follower

via @RavenHuginn & @manveerheir on Twitter.
#2 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Wow- awesome!! lol

#3 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

I doubt it will outsell Madden.

#4 Posted by Jeust (10548 posts) -

Yeah... wishful thinking lol

#5 Edited by Tovan (633 posts) -
@HairyMike87: Maybe it will now.

Who am I kidding, it  won't happen.
#6 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

They will never outsell madden. This is a cheap marketing ploy.

#7 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

Yeah it won't outsell madden unfortunately

#8 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" They will never outsell madden. This is a cheap marketing ploy. "
But a humorous one.
#9 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
Done
#10 Posted by DerekDanahy (873 posts) -
If one person bought like 6 million copies, then well that guy would be fucked.
#11 Posted by mattysen (822 posts) -

Looks like Im gonna have to kill everyone who wants to buy madden...

#12 Posted by Infinityslimit (121 posts) -

Is this for real?

#13 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Obviously a trick, sure it may be real that he will be paying for your game. BUT! They know it will never outsell Madden, thus doing this contest (or whatever it is). All-the-while knowing someone thinks it will actually outsell Madden will go and buy the game and thus sales for Wolfenstein go up.

Beautiful job.

#14 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

He might as well have said he'd personally write a $10,000,000 check to every single person who bought the game if it outsells Madden because even if everyone knew he was gonna do that, Madden would still outsell it.

#15 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

it looks like people are just going to be getting the game to be disappointing that the game didn't outsell madden. whats up with all of the madden hype? i just thought that it was nothing to special about it.

#16 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -
@DerekDanahy said:
" If one person bought like 6 million copies, then well that guy would be fucked. "
LOL

Now I need to go to my bank and loan $60 million; I promise I'll pay it all back in full...
#17 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
Basically.
#18 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

The game's coming out on the last week of August, Madden 10 would already have been out for 2 weeks by then. And we're talking about Madden NFL here.
#19 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

I'm sure he's banking on Madden 10 outselling Wolfenstein. This is smart though...there aren't returns on opened games so if Wolfenstein would have sold half as much as Madden 10 without this promo (which is a feat on it's own) but ends up selling 50% more they just see a huge revenue increase but still don't sell as much as Madden 10.

Smart marketing ploy. Risky though.

#20 Posted by CSXLoser (582 posts) -

" Attention! All delivery trucks holding millions of copies of Madden 10 have mysteriously exploded. Therefore, the game has been delayed to October"

Please happen please happen....

#21 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

This will happen, but I like this guy's idea. I have been considering buying the game but this may push me over the edge. Of course, for it to oversell Madden, the news will need to spread farther than an Internet message board.

#22 Posted by Pazy (2563 posts) -

I hope it does outsell madden just to see the look on his face, and on his acccountants face ;) Though of course it would be terribly unfortunate for him if he has to pay for all those games, he would be virtually bankrupt in seconds.

#23 Posted by mrfluke (5130 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Obviously a trick, sure it may be real that he will be paying for your game. BUT! They know it will never outsell Madden, thus doing this contest (or whatever it is). All-the-while knowing someone thinks it will actually outsell Madden will go and buy the game and thus sales for Wolfenstein go up.  Beautiful job. "
couldnt have said it better myself  

ima laugh if it actually does outsell madden
#24 Edited by TheHBK (5472 posts) -

dude, no way this will work, its just a way to get people to buy copies but it will not come close to outselling madden.  Madden sells how many copies at launch?  And launch this year seems earlier than before.  So I am guessing Wolfenstein sells 400,000 copies at most on the 360 and its on down from there on the PS3 and PC.  Madden is on the PSP and DS too, and will sell what, 2 million copies on the 360 in august.  This guy is just pulling on your balls. 
Also just wait, this game might be good, maybe not, it using id tech 4 which sucks ass, and will probably be down to 20 bucks in a couple months when all the good games are rolling out.
#25 Posted by DFSVegas (353 posts) -

This thread has got to contain the most frivolous uses of the word "probably" ever.

#26 Posted by LiquidPrince (15909 posts) -

If it did, then that is a lot of money he's going to have to pay out.

#27 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

That would be like saying.....if the Lions win more games than the patriots this year, I'll get you season tickets for the lions. 
Modern Warfare 2 will sell more than any other game this year especially with all the delays of other games.

#28 Posted by mikeeegeee (1554 posts) -
#29 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

If something totally insane happens and this game actually sells more than Madden this guy will lose all the money he made.

#30 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

You know, the developers could intentionally ship less copies then Madden thus destroying any possibility of this ever happening.

#31 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

We need someone rich to order us a shit load of copies.

#32 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11621 posts) -

If we went into an alternate dimension where people don't buy madden, perhaps, but otherwise this is all just PR junk.

#33 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Nice! But I doubt it will happen.

#34 Posted by KinjiroSSD (694 posts) -

If I was a betting man, I would put down money that Wolfenstein won't even sell half of what Madden does.

#35 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -

It will never outsell Madden no matter how hard it tries. I'm like the GB crew and not a huge fan of sports games and find it pretty disgusting that EA churn out another game of the same franchaise every year and charge full price. It's a shame that a title which will probably have some merit to it will be beaten by a sports game that's churned out every year for a cheap cash in.

#36 Posted by mattysen (822 posts) -

@DerekDanahy said:
" If one person bought like 6 million copies, then well that guy would be fucked. "

"Rules clarification continued: Limit one free copy per follower"

Clever basturds
#37 Posted by JoshS (415 posts) -

This just screams, 'I have no faith in our game' to me. Nobody would say they'd be willing to spend millions of their own money if their product sells. That's absolutely ridiculous. He knows it won't sell that much because it will, unfortunately, probably suck. Every time I've touched this new Wolfenstein, it has not looked good.  

That said, in a way, I hope it does sell a ton of copies and this retard gets his bank broken, loses his job, then has to eat dog shit for breakfast after he wakes up from his piss soaked cardboard box.

#38 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" If something totally insane happens and this game actually sells more than Madden this guy will lose all the money he made. "
I doubt its legally binding.

@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" You know, the developers could intentionally ship less copies then Madden thus destroying any possibility of this ever happening. "
Fuckin' genius.
#39 Posted by JamesF (1489 posts) -

won't happen.

#40 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

The whole point of this is to boost sales and come short of Madden. Because apparently he thinks gamers are that fucking stupid. 
@Sleepy_Insomniac
said:

" You know, the developers could intentionally ship less copies then Madden thus destroying any possibility of this ever happening. "
I would say its factual that Madden, a game coming out for more platforms and with several time larger a userbase, shipped far more copies than Wolfenstien and even if every Wolfenstien copy was purchased, it would still come up short. Jeff said it, this is the safest bet ever.
#41 Edited by jakob187 (21663 posts) -
@Tylea002 said:

" @MattyFTM said:

But a humorous one. "
And a fucking sweet one!  There is absolutely, ABSOLUTELY, no reason for folks to not buy this game now!  NONE! 

Also, why the FUCK do so many people think Wolfenstein will be bad?  IT'S FUCKING WOLFENSTEIN!!!  It's the REASON FPS games exist!!!
#42 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

People here take a little joke way too seriously. No, it won't outsellf Madden. No, nobody will buy it hoping he'll get his money back. But hey, this guy attracted some extra attention to his game. Good job and I hope it sells well if it's a step toward the Raven we used to love.

#43 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

DON'T BUY IT FROM WAL- MART PEOPLE.

#44 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -
@mattysen said:
"
 @DerekDanahy said:

"Rules clarification continued: Limit one free copy per follower"

Clever basturds "
Give a receipt to a friend, and get them to give a receipt to a friend, and before you know it, all 6 million would be dispersed ;)
#45 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
"They will never outsell madden. This is a cheap marketing ploy. "

A clever one too. Maybe too clever. Clever enough to bankrupt a person if it goes awry :P
#46 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

Still not getting it.

#47 Posted by Izick (141 posts) -

I wish it would...but I have a feeling that Wolfenstein sells less....and that Jeff loses....sorry!

#48 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -
@Izick said:
" I wish it would...but I have a feeling that Wolfenstein sells less....and that Jeff loses....sorry! "
Well, that bet isn't *quite* the same. Their bet focusses on what Giant Bomb's users do, and there might actually be less users on GB that buys Madden. 
It's not likely that the console-owners that only have a console to play their Madden follows a game-site like GB
#49 Edited by JudgeDread (572 posts) -

so if I buy 10 million copies of wolfenstein and make wolfenstein outsell madden, he will then pay me back what I paid for wolfenstein. If i then sell 9 999 999 copies of the wolfenstiens i bought i will be RICH!!! 

edit: nvm ; (

#50 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
Yeah not going to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.