Suddenly Wolfenstein! [Updated]

Posted by Figglesworth (50 posts) -

Apparently there's a new Wolfenstein coming out tomorrow and it does not bode well that there isn't a legit review to be found anywhere yet.   I'm sure the reviews are under embargo until it's out, but that usually doesn't happen unless the game is a steaming pile.  

I vaguely remember Return to Castle Wolfenstein as a decent-but-unmemorable shooter.  From the lack of attention this new Wolfenstein is getting I guess it's the same case. 

[Update] Reviews seem to be coming in now and they seem,,,pretty positive actually.  Giant Bomb actually gave it 4 out of 5 stars, so it's probably not the worst-thing-ever-put-in-a-box.  The review, while mostly positive, doesn't really say anything that inspires me to buy it.  I'm just glad they didn't do a complete disservice to the franchise.

#1 Posted by Figglesworth (50 posts) -

Apparently there's a new Wolfenstein coming out tomorrow and it does not bode well that there isn't a legit review to be found anywhere yet.   I'm sure the reviews are under embargo until it's out, but that usually doesn't happen unless the game is a steaming pile.  

I vaguely remember Return to Castle Wolfenstein as a decent-but-unmemorable shooter.  From the lack of attention this new Wolfenstein is getting I guess it's the same case. 

[Update] Reviews seem to be coming in now and they seem,,,pretty positive actually.  Giant Bomb actually gave it 4 out of 5 stars, so it's probably not the worst-thing-ever-put-in-a-box.  The review, while mostly positive, doesn't really say anything that inspires me to buy it.  I'm just glad they didn't do a complete disservice to the franchise.

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Return to Castle Wolfenstein "decent"? It's an awesome game.

#3 Posted by Ninjakid7396 (291 posts) -

i am personally more of a doom fan but it looks cool

#4 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Return to Castle Wolfenstein "decent"? It's an awesome game. "
Ditto.It was a great single player experience.Never got a chance to play the online.
#5 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Return to Castle Wolfenstein "decent"? It's an awesome game. "
Absolutley. I would go back and play Return to Castle Wolfenstein again today over some other games. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the new one, but I agree it would have been nice to see some reviews up now to get an idea about how the critics are feeling about the game. Oh well, I was always going to pick this game up regardless.
#6 Posted by MB (11903 posts) -

I've been playing Wolfenstein since yesterday and it's a decent shooter. I'm a big fan of reading how Hitler was really into the occult, so stuff like this intrigues me. That's about the only reason I'm still playing it.

#7 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@MB: So your implying the game isn't that great but the concept of the story is enough to keep you going? That does little to inspire confidence in the game. Still its going to be hard for me to say no to a new Wolfenstein. I would have to straight up tank pretty hard for me not to get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.