The $1,000 from the Wolf3D Achievement...

#1 Posted by Doogie2K (216 posts) -

So how much does this actually help you in the campaign?  Like, is it a huge difference early on, or is it kind of irrelevant?  It'd help my decision for which platform to get it on (PC or 360) if I knew what effect it'd have on my experience, because I'd rather play it on PC with MKB, but if the extra $1,000 really helps, I'll probably go with that.

#2 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Huh?

#3 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

im not sure what you are really talking about.. is it that if you beat wolfenstein 3D you get 1000$ in wolfenstein? its a little bit. you can buy 2 add ons to the kar 98 (silencer and faster reload). the better stuff is 2000+ (only in the first 2 hours tho..)

#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

What?

#5 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

Confusion?
#6 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Drugs?

#7 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

i got that and it doesn't really affect that much. most upgrades at the start are 500-1000$, so you can get about 2 free upgrades. 

#8 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I remember what he was referring to. I haven't played it but from what most people say, $1000 doesn't do much in the world. That is not surprising; it doesn't do much in the real world either XD

#9 Posted by DazzHardy (797 posts) -

It doesn't do an awful lot, but there is a finite amount of money in the game, it even tells you that "you wont be able to get all the upgrades so spend wisely" or something along those lines.

#10 Posted by Doogie2K (216 posts) -

@The early responders: If you completed a level in Wolf3D, you got an achievement called "One of Many," which also unlocked a $1,000 bonus in the SP of the current-gen game, so long as you kept a Wolf3D save on your system.

If it's only one or two upgrades, maybe I will go down the PC path, then.  FPSes have almost always felt better on the PC than the console, even with more recent advances.

#11 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -

1000$ is not that relevant in the new Wolfenstein. in the Early Game, it'll get you some more upgrades, but it becomes irrelevant around 2-3 hours into the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.