Where's the hype?

#1 Edited by jonsnow007 (84 posts) -

You know this upcoming Wolfenstein game has me slightly worried, there has been little hype and no reviews yet. I fear this title is going to be fairly mediocre but I'd love to be proven wrong. Also I've noticed some people have already managed to get their hands on the game early due to stores breaking the release date and they aren't exactly raving about it. There seems to be more talk about Shadow Complex, an XBLA game for goodness sake and I'm sure that both titles are being released on the same day. 

I think it'll be a decent single player campaign with an ordinary multiiplayer component, nothing to pull me away from othe games that I'm enjoying online at the moment.

#2 Posted by torus (1097 posts) -

I have less faith in Raven than I used to, although I really really hope Wolfenstein is good. It does sadden me though that many people have written off this kind of shooter as 'dead' nowadays.

#3 Posted by Hamst3r (4482 posts) -

Shadow Complex looks awesome. It being an XBLA game makes no difference.

Wolfenstein looks pretty good too. I plan on checking it out.

#4 Posted by Kinggi (281 posts) -

If its an 8+ type of game ill get it. There is always room for supernatural nazi killing.

#5 Posted by Funky_Clunk (20 posts) -
@Kinggi said:
"If its an 8+ type of game ill get it. There is always room for supernatural nazi killing. "

Hahah, this is definatley something we need more of in games
#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was one of the best online experiences I have ever had.  It was so much fun.

64-player Depot + me with Panzerfaust = awesome times

#7 Posted by Hairydutchman (1039 posts) -

Jeff is going to lose his bet.

#8 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

does it deserve hype? it hasn't caught my interest at all. 

#9 Posted by poser (409 posts) -

It looks so bland to me... I might try it cuz there isn't anything new to play.

#10 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

im getting it tomarrow since i have the reserve. no news at all for it also has me worried but idc..

#11 Posted by Akeldama (4246 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" does it deserve hype? it hasn't caught my interest at all.  "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.