Wolfenstein (ps3) - poor multiplayer?

#1 Edited by AjayRaz (12391 posts) -

is it just me, or the multiplayer on the PS3 version of Wolfenstein have really shitty multiplayer service?  
 
why do I say this? well first off, when you connect to a multiplayer game, after it finishes loading, it takes almost a min to go from the loading screen to the actual game, which i find unnecessary. I've seen 360 multiplayer gameplay and they don't have this problem.  
 
also, the game seems to have alot of lag.. it's not my internet cause i play COD4 / burnout online and i have no problems with lag. this is a big problem 'cause the controls are delayed a bit at times and it's just a really irritating experience (like all lag).   
 
don't get me wrong, the multiplayer is solid when  you get into a room with no lag. but these problems frequently occur  

 
does anyone else have these problems on the PS3 version of wolf? or do I just have some unexplainable problem when it comes to this game?  

#2 Posted by PeasForFees (2407 posts) -

360 is just as bad, the online is awful anyway

#3 Posted by Pazy (2553 posts) -

I hope this isnt true or gets fixed soon, I was looking forward to getting this to go with my new Ps3 but might have to get the PC version instead.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12391 posts) -
@Pazy said:
" I hope this isnt true or gets fixed soon, I was looking forward to getting this to go with my new Ps3 but might have to get the PC version instead. "
the single player is fantastic but yeah, you should def. get the PC version. this isnt the best game to get with a new PS3. 
#5 Posted by VirtuaXav (449 posts) -

Yea same thing happened with me. My internet connection seems to be fine with other games too, but once I find a game in Wolfenstein it's all kinds of crap.
 
Lag central.
Hopefully they fix it up soon because I don't really like the single player campaign anyway...

#6 Edited by Pazy (2553 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:

" @Pazy said:
" I hope this isnt true or gets fixed soon, I was looking forward to getting this to go with my new Ps3 but might have to get the PC version instead. "the single player is fantastic but yeah, you should def. get the PC version. this isnt the best game to get with a new PS3.  "

While I was mainly looking at this as a singleplayer experience the MP was something I looked forward to because of the last games. Since that isnt really an option what FPS would you suggest is the one to get to last me a while in multiplayer (that is a PS3 exclusive)?
#7 Posted by super_machine (1927 posts) -

That sucks. Years back, Return to castle wolfenstein on PC had great multiplayer.

#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12391 posts) -
@super_machine said:
" That sucks. Years back, Return to castle wolfenstein on PC had great multiplayer. "
hell yea. i'm still playing wolfenstein enemy territory 
#9 Posted by AjayRaz (12391 posts) -
@Pazy said: 
While I was mainly looking at this as a singleplayer experience the MP was something I looked forward to because of the last games. Since that isnt really an option what FPS would you suggest is the one to get to last me a while in multiplayer (that is a PS3 exclusive)? "
in multiplayer? probably Killzone 2. the multiplayer is great, they've released 3 great map packs and it has a strong amount of players. the single player is alright, short though.  
 
resistance 2 might be your thing too. solid single player campaign, 60 players online w/ no lag, 8 players online co op and the ability to play split screen online (like you and a friend can play with 58 other players online, locally)  
 
in the terms of PS3 exclusives, you can't go wrong with either one. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.