- Height: 5' 5"
- Weight: 114 lbs
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blonde
Cassie Sandsmark was created as a supporting character for Wonder Woman by writer/artist John Byrne in 1996, making her debut in Wonder Woman vol. 2 #105. Byrne's initial depiction of Cassie was that of a tow-headed tomboyish girl who could almost be mistaken for a boy. It was not until much later, when Cassie had grown and come to terms with being a super-powered daughter of Zeus, that other artists began to depict her as an attractive young woman.
Cassie is a demigod and the daughter of Zeus, Her father blessed her with powers much like that of Wonder Woman’s after she spoke with him and wished to become a superhero. Later Cassie learns how to tap into her own powers as a demigod and gain her own powers and abilities. Wonder Girl has Super strength, Super speed, Flight, Super durable and all the basic powers like Wonder Woman. Cassie true strength and power is not yet on Wonder Woman’s Level. Cassie also has a lasso that can manipulate electricity and she also has bracelets much like that of Wonder Woman’s.
Cassandra is the third character to be called Wonder Girl; the second being Donna Troy, following the earlier stories of a young Wonder Woman using the name Wonder Girl. Cassandra is the daughter of Dr. Helena Sandsmark, (a noted archaeologist with whom Wonder Woman was working with) and the Greek god Zeus. During a fight with a Doomsday clone and another battle with Decay, she created a costume and used magical accoutrements (the sandals of Hermes and the gauntlet of Atlas) to help Wonder Woman, much to her mother's horror. From that day on Cassie became Wonder Girl.
Cassie heavily idolized Donna Troy, the original Wonder Girl, and to that effect wore a black wig over her natural blonde hair (it also helped to conceal her identity). Donna gave Cassie the second costume she wore as Wonder Girl, but Cassie was afraid to wear it lest it were ruined. She has been trained by Artemis. As Wonder Girl, Cassie joined Young Justice due to her crush on Superboy. She became close friends with Arrowette, Secret, and Empress.
Cassie later joined some former members of Young Justice in the newest incarnation of the Teen Titans. Cassie at one point in time became the leader of the new Teen Titans.
Queen Hippolyta, ruler of Themyscira, Queen of the Amazons and Mother of Wonder Woman.
Princess Diana, Wonder Woman and the daughter of Queen Hippolyta.
Artemis, of Bana-Mighdall, Bana warrior, Artemis is the Best Amazon warrior next to that of Wonder Woman with out the divine gifts granted by the Gods of Olympus.
Donna Troy, the first Wonder Girl and member of the Titans of Myth, Queen Hippolyta's adopted daughter, Wonder Woman's adopted little sister.
Steve Trevor, love interest to Wonder Woman, first man on Themyscira and honorary Amazon.
Powers and Abilities
Cassie learns how to tap into her own powers as a demi-god and gain her own powers and abilities, like her brother Hercules, having tapped into her own demi-goddess powers, Cassie is an Olympian powerhouse and her lasso has apparently also changed, enabling her to fry anythings with a magic lightning attack with a simple thought. Cassie also had Amazon training, and she was trained by the best of the best of the Amazons like Wonder Woman and Artemis.
- Superhuman Strength: Cassie is much stronger after she taps into her own powers from being the daughter of Olympian God Zeus Cassie powers grew to now being able to lift in excess of 100 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Cassie can move at supersonic speeds. She can move fast enough to not register in the normal peripheral range of humans and seemingly vanish and disappear at will.
- Flight: Cassie can also mystically fly through the atmosphere through sure act of will, enabling her to soar through the atmosphere at sub-orbital levels and travel across the planet.
- Super Durable: Cassie possesses a high resistance to damage and magical attacks.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Cassie is fast enough, her mind processes information at least on a subliminal level that she is aware of her surroundings. She is fast enough to deflect and catch bullets.
- Superhuman Stamina: Cassie can last a great deal of time in any fight.
- Enhanced Healing: Cassie's body heals at a superhuman level.
- Superhuman Agility: Cassie's agility is Superhuman.
- Enhanced Senses: All five are superhuman level.
Martial Combat: Cassie can fight armed and unarmed and has had Amazon training.
Divine Birthright: Cassie being the daughter of Olympian God Zeus, Cassie can tap into her own powers as a demi-god (like her brother Hercules). Her real powers increased to an even greater level of strength and abilities than ever before. Cassie is still a young girl and as she grows so may her powers and abilities and she may one day be even greater then Wonder Woman herself or join her father as an Olympian Goddess.
Weapons Wonder Girl uses
- Lasso of Lightning: Despite appearing similar to Wonder Woman's lasso, Cassie's lasso expels Zeus's lightning when used in anger.
- Bracelets: These are a pair of steel cuffs that are indestructible because they were created from Amazon magic, Cassie's Bracelets work like Diana's.
- Amazonian Battle Armour: When faced with a larger threat Cassie will wear her Amazonian battle armour for added protection as well as use martial weapons such as swords.
Maternal De-powerment: Discouraged by previously shown arrogance in his children (Ares and Heracles), Zeus also blessed Cassie's mother with the ability to take away her powers for a short time via a simple touch. Cassie is somewhat vulnerable to piercing weapons, such as projectiles.