Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Goo

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 13, 2008

World of Goo is a critically acclaimed physics-based puzzle game following the travels of a horde of goo balls through a world shadowed by a mysterious corporation. The game was produced and developed by the independent company 2D Boy.

97/100 Average from Metacritic.com, 8/10 IGN's Wii Top 10

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurelito

Just noticed the rates and averages and you know it is awsome for a new puzzle game to get this scores, when great franchises like FarCry and CoD, Fable and Fallout and Geow are having apearance agian in this autmn.
    I'm already playing the pc version, and i have to say,give up big chainsaws and badass materialists for a while, just play this game.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Keano

No.

i'll stick with "big chainsaws and badass materialists"
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I was skeptical at first, but after playing the demo, I'm hooked.  The game insists upon itself a little bit and is a little too self-aware of being indie for my taste, but it's still awesome.  It will be the next Steam game I purchase, especially since it's perfect for play with a touchpad on my laptop.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By mracoon

I played the demo and it was fun but I have to save my money for other games, I'll probably pick it up eventually.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aurelito

Keano said:
    "No.
     i'll stick with "big chainsaws and badass materialists"
    "
    don't take me wrong, i said that because i'm tired of sci-fi games and its materialist developers. I don't really care about the story though, but when it comes to games like Mass Effect that you have to take it seriously, well, first thing i do is turning off the console or closing the game window.

This game is cheap and also very small if you have a slow internet connection. only 62mb.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

I need to play this game. From all the reviews I have heard, it sounds truly great.  I will probably get it off of WiiWare.  I have a few points lying around.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

I pity the fools who do not at least try World of Goo. It's unbelievably awesome.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Endogene
    MB said:
    "I was skeptical at first, but after playing the demo, I'm hooked.  The game insists upon itself a little bit and is a little too self-aware of being indie for my taste, but it's still awesome.  It will be the next Steam game I purchase, especially since it's perfect for play with a touchpad on my laptop."
    the later chapters require way more speed, i dont know if a touch pad is really ideal.
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Bulldog19892

It does have a 97 on Metacritic, but it doesn't have a whole lot of reviews either. The Dark Knight had a 97 before all the reviews came rolling in. I'm still checking it out though.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne
    Endogene said:
    "MB said:
    "I was skeptical at first, but after playing the demo, I'm hooked.  The game insists upon itself a little bit and is a little too self-aware of being indie for my taste, but it's still awesome.  It will be the next Steam game I purchase, especially since it's perfect for play with a touchpad on my laptop."
    the later chapters require way more speed, i dont know if a touch pad is really ideal."
    World of Goo with graphics tablet = awesome.

(Still prefer the Wii version, though. :D )

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aurelito
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "It does have a 97 on Metacritic, but it doesn't have a whole lot of reviews either. The Dark Knight had a 97 before all the reviews came rolling in. I'm still checking it out though."
    It's depends on how we look at critic, true that Gamespot didn't reviewed game yet, but Eurogamer's scored is 9...Eurogamer is better than Gamespot these days, whitch reviewed GTA IV in 2 pages and then rated it 10. also IGN is still a good critic site. i think it's enough. average won't stay steady like this for sure.

RHCPfan24 said:
    "I need to play this game. From all the reviews I have heard, it sounds truly great.  I will probably get it off of WiiWare.  I have a few points lying around."
    I never played with a motion Controller, but an optical mouse is not enough for this game. sometimes you have to pin goo balls toghether before they fall and this requires something faster than usual so don't think that you will be comfortable with console version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.