Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Goo

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 13, 2008

World of Goo is a critically acclaimed physics-based puzzle game following the travels of a horde of goo balls through a world shadowed by a mysterious corporation. The game was produced and developed by the independent company 2D Boy.

World of Goo impressions, now with more annoying phrases.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

I might be late to the World of Goo party, but it's never too late to speak out about a game as great as World of Goo.  I probably shouldn't of waited to play it over two weeks after its release, but the Strong Bad episodes and some Wii memory shuffling caused the delay.  No worries, though... I finally got around to it and I found an addictive and challenging game that's a great achievement considering the small team behind it.

We're all a little gooey inside.
    So onto the game.  I personally enjoy quirky games that have plenty of style and fairly unique gameplay and World of Goo certainly fills in my need for the quirky.  I knew once I started playing the first level, I would love this game.  The first few levels are simple, but things get tricky once you get to the 2nd chapter... it's not rocket science, but it's hard enough to leave you scratching your head for a few minutes.  You might be thinking during some of those tough levels that it's a nightmare... it just can't be done, but with a little trial and error, you'll feel vindicated once you figure it out.

At the end of the day, you'll be satisfied with this work of art made by just 3 guys... a remarkable achievement?  Absolutely.  Is it the greatest downloadable game at this moment in time?  With all due respect, no... but it's worth the $15 to $20 for a fantastic puzzle game and you'll find yourself playing it 24/7 for many, many days.  I'm halfway through World of Goo right now and I expect to wrap up this gooey saga this weekend.

If you can find all 10 annoying phrases, give yourself a pat on the back, my good chum.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Dalai

I might be late to the World of Goo party, but it's never too late to speak out about a game as great as World of Goo.  I probably shouldn't of waited to play it over two weeks after its release, but the Strong Bad episodes and some Wii memory shuffling caused the delay.  No worries, though... I finally got around to it and I found an addictive and challenging game that's a great achievement considering the small team behind it.

So onto the game.  I personally enjoy quirky games that have plenty of style and fairly unique gameplay and World of Goo certainly fills in my need for the quirky.  I knew once I started playing the first level, I would love this game.  The first few levels are simple, but things get tricky once you get to the 2nd chapter... it's not rocket science, but it's hard enough to leave you scratching your head for a few minutes.  You might be thinking during some of those tough levels that it's a nightmare... it just can't be done, but with a little trial and error, you'll feel vindicated once you figure it out.

At the end of the day, you'll be satisfied with this work of art made by just 3 guys... a remarkable achievement?  Absolutely.  Is it the greatest downloadable game at this moment in time?  With all due respect, no... but it's worth the $15 to $20 for a fantastic puzzle game and you'll find yourself playing it 24/7 for many, many days.  I'm halfway through World of Goo right now and I expect to wrap up this gooey saga this weekend.

If you can find all 10 annoying phrases, give yourself a pat on the back, my good chum.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I played the demo on my pc, I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure which platform yet. I loved the demo, I played through it twice. I saw the annoying phrases on tv and was amazed how many times I use them. I think they might be worse in spoken form than in written form. I didn't even notice them until your last sentence.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I don't play it nonstop, but I really like the game.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Endogene

Haa so you are still not at the "green and black" part of world of goo? I think that you will change your blog entry once you do.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Endogene said:
    "Haa so you are still not at the "green and black" part of world of goo? I think that you will change your blog entry once you do."
    What? Information Superhighway was fine. The only thing that annoyed me was trying to pull off reusable goo when all the new goo is still moving past that spot.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I played the demo. It was quite fun, but it's just not worth the twenty bucks for me. I'll be glad to buy it if it goes down to ten.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Endogene
    Lunarbunny said:
    "Endogene said:
    "Haa so you are still not at the "green and black" part of world of goo? I think that you will change your blog entry once you do."
    What? Information Superhighway was fine. The only thing that annoyed me was trying to pull off reusable goo when all the new goo is still moving past that spot."
    I loved the hell out of the information high way, it totally caught me by surprise.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Getting this it looks awsome.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ThomasP

I've seen only great reviews for this game. I'm going to get it from Steam sometime in the next few weeks. I can't believe it was made by only three guys. Indie games like this Braid and Everyday Shooter are straight up genius.

It's never too late to join the party. :)

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Ferginator4k

I just picked it up and its Amazing i cant believe i missed this up until now, although i am stuck on level 10

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.